Netflix Recommendations

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Captain Obvious » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:22 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:16 pm
Watching Snowpiercer on Netflix, it's a dystopian future type series where everyone on earth has died in a massive freeze other than those on a 1001 carriage long train that continually circles the earth. The people in first and second class are the paying customers, those in 3rd class didn't have to pay for a ticket but have to work on the train, and the 'tailies' are a group who fought there way onto the train before it departed and are living in s*** conditions locked at the back of the train. You get the premise...those with privilege want to keep it for themselves, those with nothing want it to be shared more equally.

First episode didn't really blow me away but really got into it after that.
It's a film, no? By the same bloke who directed the really exceptionally good Parasite....

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:25 pm

Just looked it up...you're watching a US remake of what is actually a decent film by a very good director! Okja is worth a watch too (same director and on Netflix) but his standout is Parasite (on Prime) which if you haven't seen is, I think, very good. Got to be prepared for subtitles though.....

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:01 am

Yeah it’s a Netflix series based on the film <ok>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:38 am

mubi or bfi are far superior to netflix, stoppd my sub there cos id not seen anythin on netflix that hasnt been drivel in years lol

Sammy00
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by Sammy00 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:24 am

Ratched series is cool. I watched it steadily, time flew by unnoticed. It is not for everyone, many will think that this is some kind of cruel nonsense. But I see something more in this, a very high-quality picture, it does not load, although it keeps it in suspense, everything is beautiful, juicy, and of high quality. And of course, everything is exaggerated here, black humor, you need to understand it. I think this is a very worthy novelty, everyone played just fine! I recommend!)

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:42 pm

n seen it bt might oveer xmas mate thanks. like black dark stuff and also ratchet and clank the game u like? fan of those

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:33 am

I don't know if someone has recommended it on here but Fargo is some of the best TV around, highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:58 pm

Anyone have apple tv and is it any good

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:59 pm

Tsi wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:58 pm
Yep, massively better than Netflix right now imo.

Invasion, Ted Lasso, Black Bird, Hijack, ‘STILL’ all well worth a watch for starters.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:15 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:59 pm
Tsi wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:58 pm
Yep, massively better than Netflix right now imo.

Invasion, Ted Lasso, Black Bird, Hijack, ‘STILL’ all well worth a watch for starters.
Cheers for that I've been looking for a Netflix replacement as it's been poor for a long time now. Trying Disney as well atm it's ok and better than netflix as well.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:15 am

Severance takes a while to get going, but worth a watch. Loads of ways to get 3-6 months of apple TV+ for free too.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:29 am

Cheers for that will deffo look into it

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:24 pm

Another thing I’ve started watching that’s really good is Mankind on Appletv. First episode was ok but it gets better. Counter factual type drama about NASAs response to the Russians winning the race to the moon.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:42 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:24 pm
Another thing I’ve started watching that’s really good is Mankind on Appletv. First episode was ok but it gets better. Counter factual type drama about NASAs response to the Russians winning the race to the moon.
Just finished the first 3 seasons, it seems that season 4 will be out later this year.

One of the best things I've watched in some time, tackles lots of big issues in an interesting way (racism, sexuality, prejudice, national rivalries, morality amongst other things) alongside the Sci-Fi side of things. It goes really deep into the personal lives of the main characters, their backstory, struggles, fights etc.

This taken from a review sums it up:

It’s not just the alternate history that makes "Mankind" great – although it is so intricately thought out you could write textbooks about it. What's special about the series is the way the writers craft scenes that are so expertly written, so exceedingly intense that you might need to physically recover at the end of an episode. The series mixes genres, from disaster movie to family drama, political thriller to comedy and science fiction with ease and logic. Each episode is a gratifying surprise.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:51 am

Loudermilk.

Just watch it. Brilliantly written.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:19 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:51 am
Loudermilk.

Is it more comedy or drama? I very rarely find US comedy funny!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:25 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:19 pm
overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:51 am
Loudermilk.

Overall I'd say a drama but it's written very well with a lot of characters you get quite attached to as the show progresses.

The humour is course and dark which I quite enjoy.

From a British perspective, imagine the Victor Meldrew character from one foot in the grave as an addiction counselor.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:27 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:25 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:19 pm

Overall I'd say a drama but it's written very well with a lot of characters you get quite attached to as the show progresses.

The humour is course and dark which I quite enjoy.

From a British perspective, imagine the Victor Meldrew character from one foot in the grave as an addiction counselor.
Quite enjoy dark comedy, and One Foot in the Grave was a classic, so I'll give it a go!

Jalouis
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by Jalouis » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:29 am

Dorohedoro is great. I would also second all the others listed here