Netflix Recommendations

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Chappy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:08 pm

Anyone watched Big Mouth? <laugh>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:17 pm

Chappy wrote:Anyone watched Big Mouth? <laugh>
Yes! Loved it!

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:26 pm

Anyone watchedd the end of the f***ing world ? thought it was ok also does anyone have prime if so what is sneaky pete like worth a watch?

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:45 am

Tsi wrote:Anyone watchedd the end of the f***ing world ? thought it was ok also does anyone have prime if so what is sneaky pete like worth a watch?
Yeah OK sums it up.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:03 pm

PTAO wrote:
Tsi wrote:Anyone watchedd the end of the f***ing world ? thought it was ok also does anyone have prime if so what is sneaky pete like worth a watch?
Yeah OK sums it up.
Pretty much this. Thought the end was a bit of a cop out.
REQUIEM

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:55 pm

Ramone wrote:
PTAO wrote:
Yeah OK sums it up.
Pretty much this. Thought the end was a bit of a cop out.
Yeah the start seemed interesting but I found it got progressively less so.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:23 pm

Watching Wild Wild Country, about half way through now, the mini documentary series about guru cult leader Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh and his smug and creepy right hand woman who transformed thousands of gullible hippies into an armed quasi-fascist religious sect. Pretty great so far.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:42 am

skalpel wrote:Watching Wild Wild Country, about half way through now, the mini documentary series about guru cult leader Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh and his smug and creepy right hand woman who transformed thousands of gullible hippies into an armed quasi-fascist religious sect. Pretty great so far.
I’ve watched the first 3 episodes and I’m really enjoying it. You can tell from the interviews that one guy still seems to support everything they did at the time <worried>

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:27 pm

beardface wrote:
skalpel wrote:Watching Wild Wild Country, about half way through now, the mini documentary series about guru cult leader Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh and his smug and creepy right hand woman who transformed thousands of gullible hippies into an armed quasi-fascist religious sect. Pretty great so far.
I’ve watched the first 3 episodes and I’m really enjoying it. You can tell from the interviews that one guy still seems to support everything they did at the time <worried>
The bearded lawyer guy? Yeah he's still properly sold on the whole thing isn't he. Still not finished yet, and I'm expecting it to turn out that he runs his own cult now or something. He has that creepy distant sort of look in his eyes and sound in his voice. Also Sheela is truly awful. That smug smile of hers is totally bathing in sociopathy.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:58 pm

skalpel wrote:
beardface wrote:
The bearded lawyer guy? Yeah he's still properly sold on the whole thing isn't he. Still not finished yet, and I'm expecting it to turn out that he runs his own cult now or something. He has that creepy distant sort of look in his eyes and sound in his voice. Also Sheela is truly awful. That smug smile of hers is totally bathing in sociopathy.
<laugh> yeah that guy - I think you’re probably right there.

The cult seemed pretty cool in like, episode 1. Why’d they have to turn so extreme? <urgh>

Did you ever watch the Welcome to Leith documentary? It’s on Netflix too. The entire thing is about white supremacists trying to take over a small town using basically the same tactics mentioned in episode 2 of Wild Wild Country. I love the irony of a white supremacist copying a cult called Rajneesh <awe>

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:21 am

Series of unfortunate events is good. Watching it with the kids

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:17 am

beardface wrote:
skalpel wrote:

The cult seemed pretty cool in like, episode 1. Why’d they have to turn so extreme? <urgh>

Did you ever watch the Welcome to Leith documentary? It’s on Netflix too. The entire thing is about white supremacists trying to take over a small town using basically the same tactics mentioned in episode 2 of Wild Wild Country. I love the irony of a white supremacist copying a cult called Rajneesh <awe>
Hah. Fascism eviscerating its own central ideals when it helps the cause <awe>. I'll give that a go next, cheers. *

Also, I know right? They were just a nice band of gullible hippies at the start. It's like a microcosmic version of where the whole 60s free love movement went in general, ie. Anti liberalism.

*Edit - the Leith thing I mean <worried>, not fascism.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:49 am

skalpel wrote:
beardface wrote:

Hah. Fascism eviscerating its own central ideals when it helps the cause <awe>. I'll give that a go next, cheers. *

Also, I know right? They were just a nice band of gullible hippies at the start. It's like a microcosmic version of where the whole 60s free love movement went in general, ie. Anti liberalism.

Planning to seize back control of TF from Cal eh <roll>
Hjl wrote:Series of unfortunate events is good. Watching it with the kids
I enjoyed season 1 cause I’d read the books when I was younger so it was nice seeing those stories again. Problem is I haven’t read the books covered in season 2 so now it just feels like I’m watching a kids show <laugh>. A good one though <awe>

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:36 pm

beardface wrote:
skalpel wrote:

I've become far too complacent, it's about time someone tried to seize control. <grr>

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:21 am

There's going to be a really great comedy documentary coming soon to Netflix

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/f ... e-14530708
I'll Hazard a guess

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:37 pm

Cal wrote:
beardface wrote:
I've become far too complacent, it's about time someone tried to seize control. <grr>
I'll set up a little commune in the Arcade section first, then I'll start buying out sections of the main forum until its all mine <kray>.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:45 pm

#TeamSkalps
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:45 am

Sounds a bit like you're describing what Antifa has turned into <roll>

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:25 pm

Tsi wrote:
Sounds a bit like you're describing what Antifa have turned into <roll>
Hah, not far off from what I've seen, aye. This sort of thing is ultimately pretty ten-a-penny. Job number one is always to prevent independent thought, and there's no shortage of morons ready to volunteer into that one. Once you've got them listening to you, the rest is easy. Especially if they're well educated.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu May 24, 2018 9:21 am

Just started walking Safe on Netflix, it's got the guy who was in Dexter and Six Feet Under as the main character. Only seen 2 episodes but pretty decent so far, it's about him searching for his teenage daughter who goes missing after a party and people trying to cover things up.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?