Netflix Recommendations

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:50 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:44 pm
Bobby Robson: More Than a Manager is on netflix now, so hard getting through the last 15 minutes <wah>
On the list

Looking forward to the release of the comedy of the year on Friday
I'll Hazard a guess

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:57 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:50 am
Don Sholeone wrote:
Bobby Robson: More Than a Manager is on netflix now, so hard getting through the last 15 minutes <wah>
On the list

Looking forward to the release of the comedy of the year on Friday
Just started watching it... it's alright tbf.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:51 pm

The intro is cheesy as f***

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:18 am

PTAO? wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:51 pm
The intro is cheesy as f***
Aye it's tragic...

I love how they've tried to make it look artsy when we all know Sunderland's a shithole <laugh>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:51 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
So good!

Can you imagine if he’d took over Keegan’s entertainers? We’d have won something, for that I’m sure.

Also think it explains well why Mourinho spent a large part of his Man Utd intro press conference slating van Gaal <laugh>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:04 am

Yeah if he'd known what Barcelona were going to do by bringing in LVG then he surely would have come back that time where he'd agreed to but then changed his mind. To think that we were way ahead of someone like Spurs back then but look where we both are now, can't really see us getting that close to actually winning something or being fighting for CL football unless something massively different happens.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:31 pm

Just finished watching it there, end was heartbreaking alright.

Question who were the players who went to chairman?
I'll Hazard a guess

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:55 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:31 pm

Wasn’t one of them Keiron Dyer? I’m sure he was in a huff cause he wanted to be played through the middle instead of on the right wing.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:29 pm

I read Dyer’s autobiography recently and tbh with what he experienced as a child it cast him in a whole new light to me. Nobody should have to experience what he did. Puts football into perspective.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:29 pm

TBC wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:55 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:31 pm

Wasn’t one of them Keiron Dyer? I’m sure he was in a huff cause he wanted to be played through the middle instead of on the right wing.
Yeah Dyer was one I thought of, Bellamy is another who I thought might have been involved.
I'll Hazard a guess

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:27 am

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:50 pm
This. 100% this. Netflix doc on Sunderland https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46513910
Just finished watching this. Martin Bain is David Brent. A personal highlight was Chris Coleman's response to a Sunderland fan calling him a prick " You calling me a prick? I'm a married man with six kids!" <laugh>

It certainly puts our current 'predicament' into perspective though. It could so easily have been what happened to us.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:11 pm

jpg wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:27 am
Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:50 pm
This. 100% this. Netflix doc on Sunderland https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46513910
Just finished watching this. Martin Bain is David Brent. A personal highlight was Chris Coleman's response to a Sunderland fan calling him a prick " You calling me a prick? I'm a married man with six kids!" <laugh>

It certainly puts our current 'predicament' into perspective though. It could so easily have been what happened to us.
Yeah finished this the other day, you think Rafa was working with his hands tied poor Grayson and Coleman were bound and gagged and thrown into a dark room.

Bain came across as so false, from knowing people involved with Sunderland in real life he was a total cronut, you know the scene were he finds out about Rodwell not releasing his contract were he was like a bull in a China shop he's supposedly liked that all the time when the Cameras were off.

Coleman actually came across as a genuine nice lad I always had the impression of him being a smug up his own arse bastard but the doc changed my mind on him.

Jonny Williams bless him I just wanted to hug him, another who came across as a nice guy.

it painted bad pictures of Rodwell and Grabban and that was probably correct, obviously don't want to get done for libel but I've heard one of them is an absolute wanker to deal with in life. (Though I doubt an Forest player will ever visit this forum ;) )
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:19 pm

I bet lots of professional footballers are wankers to deal with in real life as they'll think that the sun shines out of their own arse. A friend of mine was seeing a former PL footballer on and off for a bit, he's still playing in the Championship now. Apparently he was literally incapable / wouldn't do anything at all for himself. He also had no appreciation for the value of money either, there would just be bundles of bank notes (into the thousands of pounds) tossed down by the bed, on the floor, in cupboards etc.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:42 pm

Oh yes the younger generation of players have become spoilt to the extend that clubs now employ someone to change a light bulb in their house.(Me ;) )- FYI I have never had to actually do this but I have heard of one player liaison officer doing this for a foreign player in the Championship

I've of course never worked for a higher level then League of Ireland bar a short stint with Swansea when they were in League 1(Maybe at one point I will after a few years in Norway but nothing planned as of yet) but I've never seen any real bad eggs in my time in football.
I'll Hazard a guess

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:44 pm

Of course the big difference is I work with players getting paid 1k a week max compared to 20k minimum
I'll Hazard a guess

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:02 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:19 pm
I bet lots of professional footballers are w****** to deal with in real life as they'll think that the sun shines out of their own arse. A friend of mine was seeing a former PL footballer on and off for a bit, he's still playing in the Championship now. Apparently he was literally incapable / wouldn't do anything at all for himself. He also had no appreciation for the value of money either, there would just be bundles of bank notes (into the thousands of pounds) tossed down by the bed, on the floor, in cupboards etc.
I used to hang out with the likes of Darren Eadie when he was just coming through the ranks at Norwich City and he was a lovely bloke.

He introduced me to Chris Sutton (it was his leaving party as he was heading to Blackburn as the most expensive player in the world - he cost an entire Joselu!) and Sutton came across as an utter a**hole.

I always regret shagging Darren's missus...

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:37 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:11 pm
jpg wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:27 am

Yeah finished this the other day, you think Rafa was working with his hands tied poor Grayson and Coleman were bound and gagged and thrown into a dark room.

Bain came across as so false, from knowing people involved with Sunderland in real life he was a total cronut, you know the scene were he finds out about Rodwell not releasing his contract were he was like a bull in a China shop he's supposedly liked that all the time when the Cameras were off.

Coleman actually came across as a genuine nice lad I always had the impression of him being a smug up his own arse bastard but the doc changed my mind on him.

Jonny Williams bless him I just wanted to hug him, another who came across as a nice guy.

it painted bad pictures of Rodwell and Grabban and that was probably correct, obviously don't want to get done for libel but I've heard one of them is an absolute w***** to deal with in life. (Though I doubt an Forest player will ever visit this forum ;) )
Bain comes across as so narcissistic and out of his depth. The club scouts could see right through him when discussing transfer targets. I may be remembering this wrong but I'm sure he's packing up the coffee machine when he leaves? <laugh>

Not too sure how I feel about Coleman. He talks a good game but don't think he's all that as a coach - McGeady reflecting on his coaching style spoke volumes. He's clearly a decent bloke, thought his goodbye text he sent to the club Chef was sincere and classy.

Grabban leaving them in the lurch is arguably what sent them down - his goals would have probably kept them up.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:54 pm

Watched the first three episodes of Murder Mountain, pretty good so far.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:49 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:54 pm
Watched the first three episodes of Murder Mountain, pretty good so far.
I watched that as background TV. Better than I expected and caught myself watching for long chunks

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:52 pm

I started on Narcos Mexico last night spent my Sunday binging it only two episodes left
I'll Hazard a guess