Netflix Recommendations

Online
User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25709
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:20 am

ALF wrote:Just started watching Stranger Things. It's brilliant.
Bit late to the party <laugh>

It is decent tho, not the best thing ever (as a lot of people make out) but still excellent.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 3112
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:23 pm
Location: Sheffield/Newcastle

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Sir Bobby » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:22 am

Just started watching Dark, first episode suggests it's gonna be very good. It's German but they've dubbed over, which means I can do work whilst watching <diva>

Online
User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25709
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:01 am

Think I prefer subtitles to dubbing.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Ramone
Interblew
Interblew
Posts: 18674
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:47 am
Location: The Homeland

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Ramone » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:54 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:Think I prefer subtitles to dubbing.
100%, dubbing is far too distracting for me.
REQUIEM

User avatar
Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 3112
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:23 pm
Location: Sheffield/Newcastle

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Sir Bobby » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:33 am

Normally I'd agree but given I'm only half-watching it's fine. It took me half an episode before I even realised it wasn't actually an English programme

Online
User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25709
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:35 am

I remember when I first set up KODI, the sounds wasn't quite synced right - it was only about 1/10 of a second out but drove me mad that the lip movements didn't match the audio <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 3112
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:23 pm
Location: Sheffield/Newcastle

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Sir Bobby » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:02 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:I remember when I first set up KODI, the sounds wasn't quite synced right - it was only about 1/10 of a second out but drove me mad that the lip movements didn't match the audio <laugh>
Similar thing happened back in the day when we got our first Freeview box <fist>

It’s far less noticeable when the picture moves before the sound, rather than the other way though.

Online
User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25709
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:43 pm

Watched the first 3 episodes of Godless over the weekend. Pretty good so far. By great (yet) but good. Harry from Dumb and Dumber playing the baddie <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant
Posts: 8901
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:37 pm

I finally got around to watching the first season of Stranger Things, and for once I wasn't disappointed after all the hype, thought it was amazing. Another recommendation I got was Black Mirror... That was f***ing awful! Think I'll stick with Inside No.9 for my anthology fix.
TINO'S ON FIRE BARCELONA'S TERRIFIED
Image

User avatar
PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Posts: 8500
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:42 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by PTAO? » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:08 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:I finally got around to watching the first season of Stranger Things, and for once I wasn't disappointed after all the hype, thought it was amazing. Another recommendation I got was Black Mirror... That was f***ing awful! Think I'll stick with Inside No.9 for my anthology fix.
Black Mirror is one of the most overrated shows I've ever come across. It's dreadful.

Online
User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25709
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:33 pm

PTAO wrote:
Don Sholeone wrote:I finally got around to watching the first season of Stranger Things, and for once I wasn't disappointed after all the hype, thought it was amazing. Another recommendation I got was Black Mirror... That was f***ing awful! Think I'll stick with Inside No.9 for my anthology fix.
Black Mirror is one of the most overrated shows I've ever come across. It's dreadful.
Nah, American Horror Story.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Posts: 8500
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:42 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by PTAO? » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
PTAO wrote:
Black Mirror is one of the most overrated shows I've ever come across. It's dreadful.
Nah, American Horror Story.
That I've come across <fist>

Never got around to American Horror Story, may never.

User avatar
Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2608
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Hjl » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:15 pm

Not Netflix but black dynamite cartoon on Hulu is the best thing ever made.

Online
User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25709
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:17 pm

PTAO wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Nah, American Horror Story.
That I've come across <fist>

Never got around to American Horror Story, may never.
I wouldn't <ok>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 3112
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:23 pm
Location: Sheffield/Newcastle

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Sir Bobby » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:55 pm

Black Mirror is excellent <wenger>

Online
User avatar
lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc
Posts: 983
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Clairefontaine

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:42 am

I concur Black Mirror is awesome.

anyone watched the Sinner thought it was good to start but wanned near the end.

Watched that Will Smith film Bright the other night, not as bad as people say, it's a total zone out movie
Last edited by lassassinblanc on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'll Hazard a guess

Online
User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25709
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:44 am

Finished Godless, good to watch for sure. Not in the great category IMO but decent.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 3009
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:05 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by TBC » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:25 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Finished Godless, good to watch for sure. Not in the great category IMO but decent.
Blasphemy, it’s excellent
Image

Online
User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25709
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:54 pm

TBC wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:Finished Godless, good to watch for sure. Not in the great category IMO but decent.
Blasphemy, it’s excellent
I enjoyed it, definitely. But to be great it's got to be something you want to go back and watch again and again (which it isn't).

I'd put it in a similar category to Westworld. Very good and definitely enjoy it but will never rewatch it.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2608
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Hjl » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:46 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
TBC wrote:
Blasphemy, it’s excellent
I enjoyed it, definitely. But to be great it's got to be something you want to go back and watch again and again (which it isn't).

I'd put it in a similar category to Westworld. Very good and definitely enjoy it but will never rewatch it.
I can only think of three shows that I've watched over and over. Blackadder, Futurama, and IT crowd.

Post Reply