Breaking Bad

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Re: Breaking Bad

Post by beardface » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:46 pm

Heisen wrote:
AbsolutelyGlorious wrote:Anyone know what time it'll be on?
Airs at 9pm in America so 2am here, streams are usually up around 4am and Netflix airs it from 9am onwards <ok>

Chip Chipperson
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Chip Chipperson » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:49 pm

SpoilerShow
I'm so glad I am on night shift tomorrow. I'm so excited! <diva>
"How dare you. How dare you! Don't ever, ever call me a bully. I'm so much worse than that." - Malcolm Tucker

5 Goals - Hesakmi
Prediction League Champion

Post by 5 Goals - Hesakmi » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:26 pm

Oh yeah haha, thanks.
Ryan Taylor Over The Wall , Ryan Taylor Over The Wall!
Ramone wrote:Papiss Cisse stick your dick in my arse because that was one of the most erection inspiring strikes I have ever seen.

5 Goals - Hesakmi

Post by 5 Goals - Hesakmi » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:38 am

SpoilerShow
Holy f*** what an episode. They got the ending absolutely spot on. Brilliant.
Ramone wrote:Papiss Cisse stick your dick in my arse because that was one of the most erection inspiring strikes I have ever seen.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:10 am

SpoilerShow
Could not have been better. Absolutely brilliant. I loved it.

Jesse was so happy when he was driving away. <awe>

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:14 am

SpoilerShow
It was quite literally the perfect end <awe> not a single loose thread was left dangling and the ending was so satisfying.

Brilliant, we'll never get a show like it again

Ibra
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Ibra » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:43 am

SpoilerShow
Closure. Absolutely perfect. Thank you Vince Gilligan.

Also, Todd's ringtone <laugh>

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:07 am

A TV with an ending that resolves almost everything? What a novel idea. <awe>
SpoilerShow
My only problem is that he managed to park the car so that the arc of fire perfectly spanned the width of the building, seems a bit too perfect for me. But he makes up for it by using cool tracer rounds that make the bullets look like lasers. <awe>

dls
Fur is Good
Fur is Good

Post by dls » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:53 am

SpoilerShow
That was so f***ing good <awe> I was grinning like a t*** when Jesse was driving of <laugh>

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:16 am

dls wrote:
SpoilerShow
That was so f***ing good <awe> I was grinning like a t*** when Jesse was driving of <laugh>
SpoilerShow
For some reason I was expecting, maybe even hoping for, him to crash and die...

dls
Fur is Good
Fur is Good

Post by dls » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:42 am

Cal wrote:
dls wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
<laugh> That would have been hilarious, people would have gotten so angry.

Part of me was hoping that it would end with Jesse waking up in a chemistry class taught by Mr White, and it was all a dream <awe>

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:44 am

dls wrote:
Cal wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
<laugh> That would have been hilarious, people would have gotten so angry.

Part of me was hoping that it would end with Jesse waking up in a chemistry class taught by Mr White, and it was all a dream <awe>
SpoilerShow
Or it just runs into the start of this.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:24 am

SpoilerShow
Great finale! <awe> I think everybody knew what was coming and who was going down.

If I could have changed anything, I would have liked to have seen more closure for Jesse- I'm not so sure if laughing hysterically was the proper emotion given what has actually happened to him? Of course he will have been at peace given that Walt and the Gang are all dead but clearly his plan all along was to run away with Brock and Andrea until Jack's Gang stepped in- maybe going and taking Brock with him somewhere? Also, Walt should have told Elliot to tell Skyler/Walt Jr that the sum he was 'donating' was actually in fact money Walt was entitled to from Grey Matter or something like that. I think the donation idea seems a little obvious from Walt's family's perspective. <erm> Just a thought...

Can't believe it's over, going to need to find a new show now! <wah> Any suggestions? I've tried Dexter and The Walking Dead but found them hard to get into. Was maybe thinking Lost or The Sopranos. <ohnoes>

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:29 am

Sopranos would be a good choice in a similar vein of liking a bad guy and hating his wife.

Also, one loose end.
SpoilerShow
<cry>

5 Goals - Hesakmi

Post by 5 Goals - Hesakmi » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:05 pm

Cal wrote:Sopranos would be a good choice in a similar vein of liking a bad guy and hating his wife.

Also, one loose end.
SpoilerShow
<cry>
SpoilerShow
<laugh> He'll just be there for another 10 years shitting himself, not realising it's all over.

Bless him.

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:38 pm

SpoilerShow
Wow...
Don't hinder the Trinder

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:11 pm

Juliet Papa Golf wrote:
SpoilerShow
Great finale! <awe> I think everybody knew what was coming and who was going down.

If I could have changed anything, I would have liked to have seen more closure for Jesse- I'm not so sure if laughing hysterically was the proper emotion given what has actually happened to him? Of course he will have been at peace given that Walt and the Gang are all dead but clearly his plan all along was to run away with Brock and Andrea until Jack's Gang stepped in- maybe going and taking Brock with him somewhere? Also, Walt should have told Elliot to tell Skyler/Walt Jr that the sum he was 'donating' was actually in fact money Walt was entitled to from Grey Matter or something like that. I think the donation idea seems a little obvious from Walt's family's perspective. <erm> Just a thought...

Can't believe it's over, going to need to find a new show now! <wah> Any suggestions? I've tried Dexter and The Walking Dead but found them hard to get into. Was maybe thinking Lost or The Sopranos. <ohnoes>
SpoilerShow
Believe me, after being trapped underground for months and then seeing your captors mown down and being able to personally kill the f***er who killed your girlfriend, I think you wouldn't stop laughing. Yeah, he's been through some messed up s***, but in that moment, he realised he was finally free. I was so happy for him <awe>

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:43 pm

SpoilerShow
I kind of found that ending a bit boring and underwhelming to be honest.

Minty Fresh
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Minty Fresh » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:12 pm

Mifune wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
I agree. Seems like they left too much for the finale and had to rush it a bit. Even Jesse's ending felt a little bit unsatisfying, not to mention the likes of Skyler, Walt Jr, Marie, Todd and Lydia. Also, for all the talk about Breaking Bad being unpredictable, things shaped how pretty much how a lot of people guessed they would, there wasn't any major surprises. It was still pretty decent, I just didn't feel like it lived up to the high standards that the show has set for itself. To be fair though, nothing was ever going to top Ozymandias as that was pretty much a perfect 45 minutes of televison. In future if I think back to the end of Breaking Bad it'll probably be that episode I remember rather than the actual finale.

Oh, and the bit with Skinny Pete and Badger was hilarious. <laugh> <awe>

Little Lion Man
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Little Lion Man » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:40 pm

Minty Fresh wrote:
Mifune wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
I agree. Seems like they left too much for the finale and had to rush it a bit. Even Jesse's ending felt a little bit unsatisfying, not to mention the likes of Skyler, Walt Jr, Marie, Todd and Lydia. Also, for all the talk about Breaking Bad being unpredictable, things shaped how pretty much how a lot of people guessed they would, there wasn't any major surprises. It was still pretty decent, I just didn't feel like it lived up to the high standards that the show has set for itself. To be fair though, nothing was ever going to top Ozymandias as that was pretty much a perfect 45 minutes of televison. In future if I think back to the end of Breaking Bad it'll probably be that episode I remember rather than the actual finale.

Oh, and the bit with Skinny Pete and Badger was hilarious. <laugh> <awe>
SpoilerShow
How would you two have finished it then? <scratch>

I personally thought it was a fitting ending. I can't think of another ending that wouldn't have been widely criticised for being ridiculous <erm> Ah well, who cares. Best show I've ever watched <awe>