tomtom94
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Re: Breaking Bad

Post by tomtom94 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:40 pm

Heisen wrote:
Vuckic's Facial Expressions wrote:
SpoilerShow
Perfect episode. The calm before the storm.

Walter hearing that the blue meth is back means he must have put 2 and 2 together and realised that Jack kept Jesse alive to cook and make more money off him. I think it's made him go full Heisenberg. Nobody messes with his empire.

He will also take Gray Matter down with him. The company that screwed him over after he had done all the research. Maybe he wouldn't have broke bad if it didn't.

Also the music in the end was <awe>.
SpoilerShow
When did Walt hear the blue meth was back? <scratch> I must have missed it
SpoilerShow
The newsreader mentions it in the interview with Elliot and Gretchen.
Cannot WAIT for next week after that episode. It was so good <diva>
History wrought with disease for so long, a nation sleeps tight... the poison carries on!

this space reserved for particularly amusing quotes and/or images.

With friends like these, who needs herpes?

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:47 pm

SpoilerShow
By far my favourite episode of the season so far. The rest have been really good, but in a big crash bang wallop kind of way; this was far more interesting and nuanced.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:47 pm

SpoilerShow
I genuinely have no idea what will happen next week. The one thing I really want more than anything else though is for Jesse to kill Todd. The creepy f***er scares me more than anyone else on the show ever has

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:24 pm

I don't get the timescale of this season.
SpoilerShow
The first episode of the season had a flashforward to his 52nd birthday and the machine gun in New Hampshire. Season 5 episode 4 had his 51st birthday in it. It doesn't feel like the rest of season 5 has covered a year's worth of story, especially when episode 8 was the toilet moment and since then pretty much every episode has linked together directly without any major passing of time that I can think of. Now in 15 he seems set to strike right since he's drawn the police up to NH and he's finding out that he has no legacy but shame from those he wanted to provide for and be respected by.

tomtom94
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by tomtom94 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:42 pm

Cal wrote:I don't get the timescale of this season.
SpoilerShow
The first episode of the season had a flashforward to his 52nd birthday and the machine gun in New Hampshire. Season 5 episode 4 had his 51st birthday in it. It doesn't feel like the rest of season 5 has covered a year's worth of story, especially when episode 8 was the toilet moment and since then pretty much every episode has linked together directly without any major passing of time that I can think of. Now in 15 he seems set to strike right since he's drawn the police up to NH and he's finding out that he has no legacy but shame from those he wanted to provide for and be respected by.
SpoilerShow
I'm assuming that the majority of the time passed after Jesse tried to escape and after Walt said "tomorrow", hence why it skips forward and he's got hair and is all lonely and sad. That time-skip is probably the best part of the year, which gives Elliot and Gretchen time to set up their drug treatment centres, Flynn to change his name permanently, Marie is probably set up in hiding somewhere, Jesse's fate is unknown (presumably chained up and cooking for the Neo-Nazis again) and Walt slowly becomes a broken and lonely man with the isolation; then we have the ending of this episode, which sets him up to go buy the machine gun for his 52nd birthday... I think.
History wrought with disease for so long, a nation sleeps tight... the poison carries on!

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:48 pm

tomtom94 wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
I'm assuming that the majority of the time passed after Jesse tried to escape and after Walt said "tomorrow", hence why it skips forward and he's got hair and is all lonely and sad. That time-skip is probably the best part of the year, which gives Elliot and Gretchen time to set up their drug treatment centres, Flynn to change his name permanently, Marie is probably set up in hiding somewhere, Jesse's fate is unknown (presumably chained up and cooking for the Neo-Nazis again) and Walt slowly becomes a broken and lonely man with the isolation; then we have the ending of this episode, which sets him up to go buy the machine gun for his 52nd birthday... I think.
SpoilerShow
I thought the time-skip gap was two months because when the guy hiding Walt is doing his chemo he says something like it will go better than last time, suggesting that last time was the first attempt at it. So you would think that last time was the first time he had been back to Walt (otherwise why would he only just of brought the chemo stuff), so that would make it two months since the time-skip.

Minty Fresh
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Minty Fresh » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:19 pm

SpoilerShow
Todd is so polite for a ruthless psychopathic murderer. <awe>
Last edited by Minty Fresh on Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:26 pm

Spoiler it MF!

Minty Fresh
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Minty Fresh » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:30 pm

Sorry. <roll>

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:35 pm

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Between Walt's birthday and the toilet moment we can gather a good few months have passed, since he's accumulated close to $80m by the time he calls it a day. We also aren't clear how long passes between him calling it in and Hank discovering his secret, so say a month there, let's say 8 months have passed by that time. Then the events from Hank discovering his secret to him dying are probably a couple of weeks, then between Jesse attempting to escape/Walt arriving in NH and now could easily be 4 months given Walt's hair and beard/Elliot and Gretchen setting up a drug centre, Flynn officially changing his name, so it does fit together if you look at it that way.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Heisen wrote:
SpoilerShow
I genuinely have no idea what will happen next week. The one thing I really want more than anything else though is for Jesse to kill Todd. The creepy f***** scares me more than anyone else on the show ever has
SpoilerShow
It worries me that there's only one episode left and that I'm not going to be satisfied with the way they choose to end it all.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:12 pm

Juliet Papa Golf wrote:
Heisen wrote:
SpoilerShow
I genuinely have no idea what will happen next week. The one thing I really want more than anything else though is for Jesse to kill Todd. The creepy f***** scares me more than anyone else on the show ever has
SpoilerShow
It worries me that there's only one episode left and that I'm not going to be satisfied with the way they choose to end it all.
SpoilerShow
I think the ending won't be what I want it to be, but I have complete faith it will be the correct ending that fits in with the tone of the show. I was reading Vince Gilligan regarding the ending and he said he hopes after watching it people sit back and say "Yeah, I guess it had to be that way". Either way I'm intrigued how he's going to wrap up so much in one hour

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:39 pm

SpoilerShow
Last two episodes have been horrible. Jesse had been a right prick for most of the season, but what's happened to him in the last couple of episodes has been truly harrowing. When he got caught trying to escape I actually shouted "NOOOO FUUUUUUCK".

The end was fantastic. Elliot's such a slimy cronut, I hope there's enough time in the last episode for him to be killed off. Todd as well, I've hated him since he first appeared, complete psychopath. Hopefully all the nazis will go too. And Lydia. Walt surely has to die. There aren't many characters left who I want to live. <erk>

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:32 pm

AbsolutelyGlorious wrote:
SpoilerShow
Last two episodes have been horrible. Jesse had been a right prick for most of the season, but what's happened to him in the last couple of episodes has been truly harrowing. When he got caught trying to escape I actually shouted "NOOOO FUUUUUUCK".

The end was fantastic. Elliot's such a slimy c***, I hope there's enough time in the last episode for him to be killed off. Todd as well, I've hated him since he first appeared, complete psychopath. Hopefully all the nazis will go too. And Lydia. Walt surely has to die. There aren't many characters left who I want to live. <erk>
SpoilerShow
At least we know Saul is safe <diva>

tomtom94
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by tomtom94 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:38 pm

Heisen wrote:
AbsolutelyGlorious wrote:
SpoilerShow

The end was fantastic. Elliot's such a slimy c***, I hope there's enough time in the last episode for him to be killed off. Todd as well, I've hated him since he first appeared, complete psychopath. Hopefully all the nazis will go too. And Lydia. Walt surely has to die. There aren't many characters left who I want to live. <erk>
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
I realised a couple of hours after I'd watched the episode that in his last scene with Walt, Saul was actually having a little breakdown, beneath the veneer, when he was talking about his "best case scenario" even he couldn't believe how far things had fallen. <cry>

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:56 pm

tomtom94 wrote:
Heisen wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
I realised a couple of hours after I'd watched the episode that in his last scene with Walt, Saul was actually having a little breakdown, beneath the veneer, when he was talking about his "best case scenario" even he couldn't believe how far things had fallen. <cry>
SpoilerShow
Great scene, and also an interesting parallel to the scene between Walt and Saul in the first ep of S5, when Walt threatened him and was that full of menace it made Saul s*** himself. This time he tried it again and was reduced to coughing his guts up on the bed with Saul almost pitying him and simply walking out. Oh how the mighty will fall

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:50 am

Heisen wrote:
Juliet Papa Golf wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
I think the ending won't be what I want it to be, but I have complete faith it will be the correct ending that fits in with the tone of the show. I was reading Vince Gilligan regarding the ending and he said he hopes after watching it people sit back and say "Yeah, I guess it had to be that way". Either way I'm intrigued how he's going to wrap up so much in one hour
SpoilerShow
Shall we say it's safe to assume that Walt and the WS gang are going down in the final episode? In which case that would only really leave Jesse who walks away from it all (as well as Skyler, Walt Jr and Marie) and runs away with Brock who no longer has any immediate family after Andrea got hit.

Maybe that seems a little too predictable and I understand that Gilligan might go for the unorthodox series finale route but as this show has been so good, people will still want a relatively happy/satisfying ending?

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:35 am

Juliet Papa Golf wrote:
Heisen wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Shall we say it's safe to assume that Walt and the WS gang are going down in the final episode? In which case that would only really leave Jesse who walks away from it all (as well as Skyler, Walt Jr and Marie) and runs away with Brock who no longer has any immediate family after Andrea got hit.

Maybe that seems a little too predictable and I understand that Gilligan might go for the unorthodox series finale route but as this show has been so good, people will still want a relatively happy/satisfying ending?
SpoilerShow
I don't think this show does happy <laugh> satisfying perhaps, but that's dependent on the viewer. As with any show, everyone will have different ideas on how they want it to end.

The ending you described to me there would be perfect. Perhaps everyone is expecting it to be so outlandish and left field that Gilligan throws a curveball and just ends it the way it's mapped out. That would be a satisfactory end, and he has to be careful - this shows end will be scrutinized more than any other in history, perhaps. Anything too unbelievable will undo all of the realism the show beds itself in, so it has to remain honest to itself through till the end, otherwise that would be unsatisfactory and leave everyone with a sour taste in their mouths. Anyway, for me the shows real ending was "Ozymandias", as that's where everything came to a head. These last two episodes are (probably) more like an epilogue, tying up loose ends, so I'm not expecting anything really gut-wrenchingly surprising next week. Although I could (and probably will be) wrong.

Swarlos
Annoying Shitmuncher
Annoying Shitmuncher

Post by Swarlos » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:43 pm

Anyone got any links to episodes 14 & 15 of season 5? Both are out, but not on watchseries.net or whatever it is called yet

Ibra
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Ibra » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:21 am

Swarley wrote:Anyone got any links to episodes 14 & 15 of season 5? Both are out, but not on watchseries.net or whatever it is called yet
http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/inte ... son_5.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

<ok>