Game of Thrones

dls
Fur is Good
Fur is Good

Re: Game of Thrones?

Post by dls » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:22 am

Privet Iksee wrote:Disappointed with this episode :/ nothing really happened in my opinion.
<wenger>

Iksee
Bruno's Bleached Tips

Post by Iksee » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:46 pm

What's that face for :O?

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:46 pm

I was also disappointed by that episode. Worst episode of the entire series. The acting was cringe worthy at some points, I hope its not something that is apparent for the rest of the season.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:59 pm

It was slow and boring. But I didn't like the first season until a few episodes in so <diva>

Iksee
Bruno's Bleached Tips

Post by Iksee » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:25 am

beardface wrote:It was slow and boring. But I didn't like the first season until a few episodes in so <diva>
Yeah that's what I was thinking, I was like sure the first season was slow to start aswell. BTW who are the people who set fire to statues and pulled the sword out, I can't seem to remember who she is or who the man is.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:26 am

Privet Iksee wrote:
beardface wrote:It was slow and boring. But I didn't like the first season until a few episodes in so <diva>
Yeah that's what I was thinking, I was like sure the first season was slow to start aswell. BTW who are the people who set fire to statues and pulled the sword out, I can't seem to remember who she is or who the man is.
Stannis Baratheon and the crazy red priest lady Melisandre or something.
REQUIEM

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:31 am

Privet Iksee wrote:
The guy who pulled out the sword is Stannis, the dead kings brother. So now he wants to claim the throne. Red head, no idea who she is, but looked quite hot <whistle>

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:33 am

On the episode I thought it was alright. It sets up what happens later on quite well plus there was baby murdering.
REQUIEM

dls
Fur is Good
Fur is Good

Post by dls » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:54 am

I really enjoyed the episode, I'm not sure how any of you thought it was boring <wenger>

Also, the line said to Jon Snow: "you're prettier than half my daughters, you got a nice wet t*** between your legs?" is going into my list of favourites alongside "cut his little cock off and shove it in his mouth!" and "I'll gut you, you cronut!"

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:59 am

Dr. Lucien Sanchez wrote:I really enjoyed the episode, I'm not sure how any of you thought it was boring <wenger>

Also, the line said to Jon Snow: "you're prettier than half my daughters, you got a nice wet t*** between your legs?" is going into my list of favourites alongside "cut his little cock off and shove it in his mouth!" and "I'll gut you, you cronut!"
I wanted fully grown dragons burning Joffrey's face off and then throwing him around like a tennis ball whilst Khaleesi strutted round naked. None of that happened = boring.

Robb Stark was good though, easily one of my favourite characters. <diva>

Iksee
Bruno's Bleached Tips

Post by Iksee » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:44 am

beardface wrote:
Privet Iksee wrote:
The guy who pulled out the sword is Stannis, the dead kings brother. So now he wants to claim the throne. Red head, no idea who she is, but looked quite hot <whistle>
That's what I thought but I am sure he looked a bit more "smooth" in the first season.

dls
Fur is Good
Fur is Good

Post by dls » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:29 am

beardface wrote:
Dr. Lucien Sanchez wrote:I really enjoyed the episode, I'm not sure how any of you thought it was boring <wenger>

I wanted fully grown dragons burning Joffrey's face off and then throwing him around like a tennis ball whilst Khaleesi strutted round naked. None of that happened = boring.

Robb Stark was good though, easily one of my favourite characters. <diva>
<laugh> Give it time!

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:31 am

Privet Iksee wrote:
beardface wrote:
That's what I thought but I am sure he looked a bit more "smooth" in the first season.
I don't think Stannis was in the first season? Renly was.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:08 am

beardface wrote:
Privet Iksee wrote:
The red head Melisandre (Carice Van Houten, sexy dutch actress you may have seen in Black Book) is a priestess of the god R'hllor. Stannis (the recently deceased King Robert's older brother) has recently converted to worship that god and the burning statues were the icons of the main religion of the land "The Seven" which is one god with seven aspects. You will have heard the priests of that religion referred to as Septons or Septa depending on whether they are male or female. That is why why some of the onlookers were angry, seeing the burning as heresy and why the old geezer tried to poison the redhead.

I thought it was a good solid episode. There were a number of new storylines and characters that had to be introduced and that was done pretty effectively. Now that has been done the story should move along a bit quicker from now on.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:10 am

Pull the Arfa One wrote:
Privet Iksee wrote:
I don't think Stannis was in the first season? Renly was.
You are right Stannis is new to this series, it was the younger brother Renly who was in the first. Robert (Mark Addy) was the middle brother of the Baratheon's.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:38 pm

I quite enjoyed the first episode. It was useful that not a whole lot happened because I haven't seen the first season since the first time I watched it. If there had been loads of plot movement and new characters added then I'd probably have gotten lost.

Two things though; Peter Dinklage has done his entire acting training by watching Hugh Laurie as House. Almost - actually I'm confident enough to say Literally every facial expression he pulled was a Laurie-House expression and his delivery of a lot of lines is almost identical too.
And also am I the only person that thought Jean Reno was in that episode for ages? <laugh> I haven't read the books so I have no idea of the character's name but one of the guy's in the fire-sword scene was the absolute double of him.

Nick
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Nick » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Quite a lot of people seem to be dissapointed with the episode, i think it was basically because there was no big fights or big death scenes, but i thought the bastard baby killing spree was pretty brutal to name one.

Its setting things up nicely too.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:46 pm

skalpel wrote:I quite enjoyed the first episode. It was useful that not a whole lot happened because I haven't seen the first season since the first time I watched it. If there had been loads of plot movement and new characters added then I'd probably have gotten lost.

Two things though; Peter Dinklage has done his entire acting training by watching Hugh Laurie as House. Almost - actually I'm confident enough to say Literally every facial expression he pulled was a Laurie-House expression and his delivery of a lot of lines is almost identical too.
And also am I the only person that thought Jean Reno was in that episode for ages? <laugh> I haven't read the books so I have no idea of the character's name but one of the guy's in the fire-sword scene was the absolute double of him.
I thought the exact same thing. <laugh> <scratch>

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:56 pm

Mifune wrote:
skalpel wrote:I quite enjoyed the first episode. It was useful that not a whole lot happened because I haven't seen the first season since the first time I watched it. If there had been loads of plot movement and new characters added then I'd probably have gotten lost.

<laugh> Glad to see I'm not alone in thinking this. I noticed it to a lesser extent last season but this episode was so similar that I was reasonably creeped out by it; the scene with Cersei at the table was basically House.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:59 pm

skalpel wrote:
Mifune wrote:
<laugh> Glad to see I'm not alone in thinking this. I noticed it to a lesser extent last season but this episode was so similar that I was reasonably creeped out by it; the scene with Cersei at the table was basically House.
I had not really noticed it before, but yeah it was in that scene when he was at the table where it struck me. <laugh>