Game of Thrones

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Donkey Toon » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:30 am

Brilliant episode. Arguably the best ever. Had a bit of everything and can't think of a single weak scene.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:41 am

Donkey Toon wrote:Brilliant episode. Arguably the best ever. Had a bit of everything and can't think of a single weak scene.
My other half watches this, I only look up at the good bits....will there be something that grabs my attention? <perv>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:45 am

Incredible episode.
SpoilerShow
I'm not sure if this show even has a protagonist anymore. Jon perhaps but he needs allies which means buddying up with someone unpleasant. The White Walkers are clearly being billed as the antagonists, and we need the dragons to dispose of them, but in the battle of the Iron Throne I'm not entirely sure who we're meant to be rooting for anymore. You could see when Tyrion was surveying the damage just how bad having a Targaryen on the throne will end up being so is Daenerys even the 'good guy' anymore?

I'm fairly sure the show is gearing up for a White Walkers vs 'everybody else' end game, but it's very difficult to root for anyone, and that's the beauty of it I suppose <awe>

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:17 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Donkey Toon wrote:Brilliant episode. Arguably the best ever. Had a bit of everything and can't think of a single weak scene.
My other half watches this, I only look up at the good bits....will there be something that grabs my attention? <perv>
<laugh>

Nothing in this episode that Lawrenson would approve of particularly. So I guess that was missing from it. <whistle>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:20 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
<laugh>

Nothing in this episode that Lawrenson would approve of particularly. So I guess that was missing from it. <whistle>
Damn, hopefully next weeks picks this up then <gent>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:28 pm

Heisen wrote:Incredible episode.
SpoilerShow
I'm not sure if this show even has a protagonist anymore. Jon perhaps but he needs allies which means buddying up with someone unpleasant. The White Walkers are clearly being billed as the antagonists, and we need the dragons to dispose of them, but in the battle of the Iron Throne I'm not entirely sure who we're meant to be rooting for anymore. You could see when Tyrion was surveying the damage just how bad having a Targaryen on the throne will end up being so is Daenerys even the 'good guy' anymore?

I'm fairly sure the show is gearing up for a White Walkers vs 'everybody else' end game, but it's very difficult to root for anyone, and that's the beauty of it I suppose <awe>

Not sure if you've read the books but that's pretty much the sentiment of them.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:01 pm

PTAO wrote:
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
Producers have said that it won't be classic good vs evil. Not sure how it's going to end, heard an interesting theory that the white walkers helped build the wall, it clearly can't be human and that they arent pure evil

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:08 pm

PTAO wrote:
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
Read the first one on holiday this year and enjoyed it but I've heard mixed things about the latest two books in the series.

I like Magdia's idea, I've also heard that it may turn out the White Walkers end up being the good guys but I don't know if they've left themselves enough time to make that idea believable.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:16 pm

That was f***ing fantastic

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:17 am

Class episode. Bran, Sansa and Arya home <awe>

That scrap at the end was f***ing epic.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

PFT

Post by PFT » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:11 pm

SpoilerShow
Brilliant episode , up there as one of the best ever. Seen people saying that battle scene was better than Battle of the Bastards,
BotB just beats it for me for pure savage medieval combat and how it was filmed.

On the stuff about the walkers helping build the wall , didn't the Children of the Forest create them to use them as weapon against the ever encroaching First Men? Or am I on the wrong track there, would make sense that they built the wall to keep man out.
formerly known as Bigi Bigi Bigi Can't You See & IMTE

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alfie » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:33 pm

Rewatched the episode, cracking, feared death for several of my favourite characters including a CGI dragon!!!

Best moment was the "interaction" between Arya & Brienne
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:48 pm

Jon Snow and Daeneyrs are obvious lovers, he will kneel, ... and then lick her special bits

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:04 pm

Perch's First Touch wrote:
SpoilerShow
Brilliant episode , up there as one of the best ever. Seen people saying that battle scene was better than Battle of the Bastards,
BotB just beats it for me for pure savage medieval combat and how it was filmed.

On the stuff about the walkers helping build the wall , didn't the Children of the Forest create them to use them as weapon against the ever encroaching First Men? Or am I on the wrong track there, would make sense that they built the wall to keep man out.
SpoilerShow
To my knowledge the white walkers had nowt to do with the construction of the wall - not in the TV show nor the books.
A Wiki of Ice and Fire wrote:According to legend, the Wall was built by Brandon the Builder with the assistance of children of the forest and giants,[5] and it is protected with ancient spells and sorcery.
But yes in the TV Show the WW were created by the CotF to fight back against the First Men.
Micky Quim wrote:Jon Snow and Daeneyrs are obvious lovers, he will kneel, ... and then lick her special bits
<perv>

Jon: "She has a good heart"

Davos: "I noticed you looking at her heart"
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:43 am

"And speaking of good hearts, lady missandei of naath"

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:03 am

Just watching this weeks again, s*** it was so good <awe>

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:59 am

SpoilerShow
Jon is the king <divadance> <divadance>

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:36 am

Another let's set things up for next episode episode.

Bar the Gilly line which was kind of a passby comment nothing really happened
I'll Hazard a guess

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:42 am

The next 2 episodes should be amazing.
SpoilerShow
Dany has built her whole campaign on being the 'rightful heir' and it turns out she isn't.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:32 pm

ALF wrote:The next 2 episodes should be amazing.
SpoilerShow
Dany has built her whole campaign on being the 'rightful heir' and it turns out she isn't.
SpoilerShow
If only Jon Snow now had a legitimate claim :bandit: