Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:57 am

Hjl wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:22 pm
It was an hour of "oh I remember him"

Boring
I'll agree it was slightly one of those episodes but what did you expect from a first episode of the season?
SpoilerShow
It did give another hint that the night king is a Taygarean though. Also Jon's face when Sam told him the truth
Did I just bone my aunt <gurn>
I'll Hazard a guess

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:17 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:57 am
Hjl wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:22 pm
It was an hour of "oh I remember him"

Boring
I'll agree it was slightly one of those episodes but what did you expect from a first episode of the season?
SpoilerShow
It did give another hint that the night king is a Taygarean though. Also Jon's face when Sam told him the truth
Did I just bone my aunt <gurn>
I'd have been happy with some boobs I suppose.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:55 am

Not sure I feel comfortable with Arya whipping her kit off

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:10 am

SpoilerShow

Another episode where nowt really happened. It is building towards the big battle though.

I agree seeing Arya getting her kit off was a little weird alright
I'll Hazard a guess

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:02 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:55 am
Not sure I feel comfortable with Arya whipping her kit off
I know.... bit weird.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:26 pm

She is 22 to be fair
REQUIEM

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:34 pm

Ramone wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:26 pm
She is 22 to be fair
Yeah but you seen her grow from a 12 year old
I'll Hazard a guess

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:42 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:10 am
SpoilerShow

Another episode where nowt really happened. It is building towards the big battle though.

I agree seeing Arya getting her kit off was a little weird alright
These are tm second favourite type of Got episodes, where characters interact in new ways (first being when political backstabbing occurs).

I'm not in this for big battles (battle of baatards bored me a bit)
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:35 am

The next episode is going to be 82 minutes long !!!!
I'll Hazard a guess

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:25 pm

I was under the impression all episodes this season were meant to be feature length

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:24 am

Micky Quim wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:25 pm
I was under the impression all episodes this season were meant to be feature length
I think 2 maybe 3 episodes are longer then the usual 60 minutes length
I'll Hazard a guess

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:53 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:24 am
Micky Quim wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:25 pm
I think 2 maybe 3 episodes are longer then the usual 60 minutes length
3 of the last 4 are going 80+ minutes. The other one is still 60+

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:52 am

Well wasn't expecting that!!!
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:38 am

My thoughts (many spoilers):
SpoilerShow
Watched it before work, not sure if it's just my expectations but this wasn't as epic as I thought it was going to be. The show has literally been building up to this moment and I dunno, thought it'd be better.

One of my pet hates in any show/movie is the big bad guy/girl dying because they spend too long getting round to it or bragging about how they're going to kill you instead of just doing it, so imagine my frustration here with the longest walk up/sword pull in history. Didn't expect it to be Arya though - and on that, Jon was surprisingly quiet.

Potential plot hole too - the Hound and Red woman locked in that room with the one eyed chap and a bunch of other dead people. We assuming the Hound took care of them all when the Night King raised more of the dead up?

The one bit I loved was Arya in the room being quiet, I was on the edge of my seat and actually felt quite anxious, great scene.

I'll watch it again and probably change my opinions but for now i'm meh.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:51 am

TBC wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:38 am
SpoilerShow
Watched it before work, not sure if it's just my expectations but this wasn't as epic as I thought it was going to be. The show has literally been building up to this moment and I dunno, thought it'd be better.

One of my pet hates in any show/movie is the big bad guy/girl dying because they spend too long getting round to it or bragging about how they're going to kill you instead of just doing it, so imagine my frustration here with the longest walk up/sword pull in history. Didn't expect it to be Arya though - and on that, Jon was surprisingly quiet.

Potential plot hole too - the Hound and Red woman locked in that room with the one eyed chap and a bunch of other dead people. We assuming the Hound took care of them all when the Night King raised more of the dead up?

The one bit I loved was Arya in the room being quiet, I was on the edge of my seat and actually felt quite anxious, great scene.

SpoilerShow
I thought it was super obvious that Arya was gonna kill the Night King as soon as Beric died saving her and the red woman said that he couldn’t be brought back to life because he’d finally done what he needed to do.

I agree about the Night King taking too long to kill Bran, unnecessary as Arya could have jumped earlier and it would have been just as exciting if not more so.

Overall I thought it was quite a let down as an episode and very predictable. The only scene that really had me feeling tense was Arya hiding in the scene you mentioned.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:35 pm

Sir Bobby wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:51 am
TBC wrote:
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
I thought it was super obvious that Arya was gonna kill the Night King as soon as Beric died saving her and the red woman said that he couldn’t be brought back to life because he’d finally done what he needed to do.

I agree about the Night King taking too long to kill Bran, unnecessary as Arya could have jumped earlier and it would have been just as exciting if not more so.

Overall I thought it was quite a let down as an episode and very predictable. The only scene that really had me feeling tense was Arya hiding in the scene you mentioned.
SpoilerShow
They weren't too subtle about this. It was fairly obvious by the way they shared a look at the beginning of the episode, and then when Beric died, it had to be her as the Lord of Light had been bringing back Beric for a reason, and that's all he did, later being confirmed by the Red Woman, and she almost explicitly says it's Arya's destiny.

I didn't even like the hiding scene, why was it all quiet in there when there was a huge battle going on everywhere else?!

I'm really hoping there's a lot of explaining in the next episode, because as it stands, it's hugely unsatisfying. Why was the NK coming south? Why did he want Bran? Where the hell did Bran go for the episode? Why were the Dothraki thrown away like that with no plan? How did Jorah survive?

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:07 pm

Sir Bobby wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:51 am
TBC wrote:
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
At the time of watching I thought the blue eye thing was about Dani <laugh> in my defence it was early!