France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon May 20, 2019 8:14 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:05 pm
Blue & Maroon wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:52 pm

The books will either be amazing because Martin has been holding off on his ending to go against what people hated on TV or they will be exactly the same for the same reasons people are meh in the show I.e. it's hard to keep the 'charm' and excitement the deeper you get
Yeah I agree. Maune they'll be helped by being about not what happens but inner monologues.

My favourite chapters are the cersie pov ones and seeing what she's thinking through all the stuff to come could be great. And dany chapters might explain her stuff more.
I'm looking forward to reading the books, they can, naturally explain more than the TV shows. It's a bit sad but hopefully the prequels can satisfy some of the thirst for knowledge, I reallly think future Got projects have hindered this season.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon May 20, 2019 9:03 pm

SpoilerShow
Was always going to be slightly underwhelming as the second half of it was just tying up loose ends. Whilst not the thrilling ending that people always wanted, it made sense.

Did think that Tyrion was going to suggest Sansa for the throne though.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon May 20, 2019 10:07 pm

s****.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Mon May 20, 2019 11:12 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:52 pm
Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:44 pm
I think that was a rushed season.. But ultimately the books might also have a disappointing end. A story build on complexity and moral greyness had to reduce to good versus evil and lost vitality.

I think with time people will mellow and remem Er how good a show it has been. I've watched a few old seasons episodes and man its good
The books will either be amazing because Martin has been holding off on his ending to go against what people hated on TV or they will be exactly the same for the same reasons people are meh in the show I.e. it's hard to keep the 'charm' and excitement the deeper you get

Martin will 100% not do that. He's said before that you can't do that, because nothing will make sense with all the foreshadowing and details he/other writers leave in.

s**** ending to a s**** season. Nothing makes sense.
I don't particularly mind where things ended up, but getting there was so rushed an nonsensical.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue May 21, 2019 7:08 am

Well, that was disappointing
I'll Hazard a guess