The F1 Thread

User avatar
PTAO
Australia
Australia
Posts: 8358
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:42 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: The F1 Thread

Postby PTAO » Wed May 16, 2018 9:45 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:<laugh>

Yeah that is the most pointless thing ever. Oh we'll let them unlap themselves, hold up the race, and then when it restarts wave blue flags at them again to make them get out of the way even though they were already out of the way behind the safety car!


Not to defend the unlapping, but their track position doesn't change. They go from behind the cars that have lapped them, round the track and back to behind the cars that have lapped them, so there are no more blue flags and they are just as out of the way as they were before.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Croatia
Croatia
Posts: 23900
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: The F1 Thread

Postby Bodacious Benny » Wed May 16, 2018 10:45 am

PTAO wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:<laugh>

Yeah that is the most pointless thing ever. Oh we'll let them unlap themselves, hold up the race, and then when it restarts wave blue flags at them again to make them get out of the way even though they were already out of the way behind the safety car!


Not to defend the unlapping, but their track position doesn't change. They go from behind the cars that have lapped them, round the track and back to behind the cars that have lapped them, so there are no more blue flags and they are just as out of the way as they were before.


Generally the race restarts before they make it back around to the back of the pack I thought? Either way it still takes ages (we lose an extra lap to two of racing) and is pointless.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman
Posts: 8455
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:54 pm
Location: Monte Darlo

Re: The F1 Thread

Postby Micky Quim » Wed May 16, 2018 6:54 pm

And all the penalties don't make sense. The rules are a joke

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Croatia
Croatia
Posts: 23900
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: The F1 Thread

Postby Bodacious Benny » Wed May 16, 2018 7:17 pm

Micky Quim wrote:And all the penalties don't make sense. The rules are a joke


Like a 50 place grid penalty <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
overseasTOON
England
England
Posts: 18666
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: The F1 Thread

Postby overseasTOON » Wed May 16, 2018 9:33 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Micky Quim wrote:And all the penalties don't make sense. The rules are a joke


Like a 50 place grid penalty <laugh>


Theoretically they'd start at the back of GP3 class races.


Return to “All Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest