The F1 Thread

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Re: The F1 Thread

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon May 09, 2022 9:53 am

Yeah, the very definition of a bit meh. All the faffing on after the race with american football helmets as well was a bit <erk> <laugh>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri May 13, 2022 5:32 pm

How long is the Miami race signed up for because it's another dull track?

Verstappen took his chance really well and would have romped home if not for the safety car. The Ferrari is strong but you see through slow corners it's sluggish. May have something to do with the settling after porpoising? They turn in but seems to be more aggressive braking?

Mercedes have a dog of a car that can't break into medium/fast corners without throwing wheels everywhere. The randomness of under/over steer they have to cope with is astounding. Like every corner is a new experience; even on lap 50.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Sat May 14, 2022 3:05 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:32 pm
How long is the Miami race signed up for because it's another dull track?

Verstappen took his chance really well and would have romped home if not for the safety car. The Ferrari is strong but you see through slow corners it's sluggish. May have something to do with the settling after porpoising? They turn in but seems to be more aggressive braking?

Mercedes have a dog of a car that can't break into medium/fast corners without throwing wheels everywhere. The randomness of under/over steer they have to cope with is astounding. Like every corner is a new experience; even on lap 50.

10 years I believe

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:30 pm

...caught up on the race from Sunday, was a bit of a snooze-fest.

Ferrari have the quickest package but are handing the title(s) to Red Bull with their unreliability. Verstappen must be very strong favourite for the drivers championship. He is also driving with a lot more maturity and calmness this season, noticed a couple of times that he's held station or backed out of a move rather than lunging through as he did at times last season.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:18 pm

Alonso on the front row for Canada. Incredible driving.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:28 pm

Impressive all round for the most part by the drivers.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:54 pm

Another step towards an almost guaranteed title for Verstappen with a very composed drive.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:38 am

Enjoyed the race, plenty going on to keep us entertained. Seems like the Mercs are fast if they can get the bouncing under control

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:22 am

Yeah it was decent for the most part, but of a lull midway but that's not unusual.

Always great when the safety car comes out with 15-20 laps to go and essentially resets the race for the last bit.

Agree on Merc, they've come a long way since the start of the season. It'll be too late for them to challenge for titles this season, but if they can sort it out then could be a force again in 2023.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:22 pm

Brilliant racing at Silverstone with 4 laps to go!

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:38 pm

Mega. Just mega

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:54 pm

One of those races that has you shouting at the TV!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:13 pm

Love Spa as a track and been to a few race weekends so it'd be devastating for me to have it dropped from the F1 calendar but the lust for more revenue means F1 will likely drop it to race in a f***ing car park in Vegas.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:25 pm

Should never lose spa. Nice to see the return of gravel too rather than **** run off areas.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:41 pm

Has anyone ever won a race from P14 as verstappen did today? In a league of his own. So much calmer and more composed this season.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:12 pm

Max has romped away with it and deservedly so. Red Bull have been brilliant recently.

Just feel so robbed of a real title fight as Ferrari and Charles should have a huge lead ! Would have been great to see RB chase them.

Rain forecast in the Netherlands sat sun so could be a good race despite the s**** track.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:49 am

I think Ferrari would be neck and neck with red bull rather than romping it, as the red bull (max, Perez is a Bottas) is still extremely fast and consistent.

I have been impressed with verstappen this year, driving with great maturity (maybe partly because he has no real competition).

The second title is always a statement. You can win one title by being in the right place at the right time (e.g. Button) but you don’t win two titles that way.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:42 am

Well, doesn't matter where you start Verstappen on the grid he wins races. Peak Schumacher and Hamilton had the same ability to carve their way easily through the field and win, Verstappen is doing the same.

Superb drive from De Vries, really showed why Latifi shouldn't be in that car. De Vries couldn't lift his arms at the end to get out of the car as his body took such a pounding with the g-force. That's one in the eye for anyone who claims that driving an F1 car is easy!

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:32 pm

Amazing he can win the title in Singapore, albeit he's only got a small chance of doing so.

Looking forward to it, street circuit, mixed up weather, hopefully its carnage .

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:04 am

Was an interesting rule change to finish behind a safety car. Surely they could have cleared the few cars between Max and Charles and let them go racing?

Ah well.