MMA Thread

janesill
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Re: MMA Thread

Post by janesill » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:35 am

Still can't get the idea of Robbie Lawler getting knocked and being stripped off the title out wrapped around my head.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:34 am

janesill wrote:Still can't get the idea of Robbie Lawler getting knocked and being stripped off the title out wrapped around my head.
MMA friend <awe>

Welcome to the forum!
REQUIEM

KingoStarr
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by KingoStarr » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:07 pm

<awe>

Only just seen this topic exists !

What are everyone's predictions for 205 ? I think McGregor will beat Alvarez I wasn't confident when the fight was made but seeing Alvarez at the press conference he looked tired and very uncomfortable I feel like McGregor has got to him in the same way he got to Aldo. It'll be close though.

I think Woodley will beat Wonder Boy by decision I'm impressed with his grappling and think he can control the welterweight division. Prepared to eat my words though as wonder boy will be tough.

Joanna is controlling the women's Strawweight division and I see her winning by first round knock out. What was irritating is that the fight has barely been covered in the press conferences when it is actually a big bout!
The <erk>'sburg dynasty is over 3 seasons, 3 division 1 titles.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:11 pm

KingoStarr wrote:<awe>

What are everyone's predictions for 205 ? I think McGregor will beat Alvarez I wasn't confident when the fight was made but seeing Alvarez at the press conference he looked tired and very uncomfortable I feel like McGregor has got to him in the same way he got to Aldo. It'll be close though.

I think Woodley will beat Wonder Boy by decision I'm impressed with his grappling and think he can control the welterweight division. Prepared to eat my words though as wonder boy will be tough.

Joanna is controlling the women's Strawweight division and I see her winning by first round knock out. What was irritating is that the fight has barely been covered in the press conferences when it is actually a big bout!
Hoping Alvarez can beat McGregor, he took RDA apart in their fight and is probably a better fighter than Diaz.

I love Wonderboy but I agree, I think Woodley will win by decision.

Joanna will win, she's a beast.
REQUIEM

KingoStarr
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by KingoStarr » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:31 pm

Ramone wrote:
KingoStarr wrote:<awe>

Hoping Alvarez can beat McGregor, he took RDA apart in their fight and is probably a better fighter than Diaz.

I love Wonderboy but I agree, I think Woodley will win by decision.

Joanna will win, she's a beast.
I actually hope McGregor wins I never used to like him but the way he reacted to his loss to Diaz converted me. I think it'll be best for Conor if he loses cause Ferguson, RDA or even someone like Barboza would take him apart.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:07 am

He did it!
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:00 pm

McGregor <****>. That was a total walk in the park for him. He's on a different level at the minute
I dunno

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:49 pm

"I'd like to take his chance to apologise.. to absolutely f***ing no one."

I have close to zero knowledge about MMA but McGregor's antics will always keep me coming back.
Don't hinder the Trinder

KingoStarr
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by KingoStarr » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:30 pm

Honestly think McGregor would beat Khabib based on last nights performances the lack of fighting Khabib has had seems to have made what was already a poor stand up game even worse. With McGregor's ever increasing take down defense as well as being great at fighting on the outside I think he could possibly do it.
Woodley v Wonder Boy was as close as I expected and was an amazing fight really impressed with it. Woodley's cardio looked a bit suspect at times and I think if there is a rematch then he'll need to improve that.

All in all a very good card was really looking forward to the Cerrone fight so it was a shame he didn't feature.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:38 am

KingoStarr wrote:Honestly think McGregor would beat Khabib based on last nights performances the lack of fighting Khabib has had seems to have made what was already a poor stand up game even worse. With McGregor's ever increasing take down defense as well as being great at fighting on the outside I think he could possibly do it.
Woodley v Wonder Boy was as close as I expected and was an amazing fight really impressed with it. Woodley's cardio looked a bit suspect at times and I think if there is a rematch then he'll need to improve that.

All in all a very good card was really looking forward to the Cerrone fight so it was a shame he didn't feature.
If Khabib could get McGregor to the ground it would be all over though.

I'd be interested to see Ferguson v McGregor first, I think it'd make for a more exciting fight.
REQUIEM

golasambi
Pope's Goalposts

Post by golasambi » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:48 pm

yeh be well excitin that m8 n mcgregor is class n good craic. seen him couple times n is always alrite with u even wen he doesn hav b

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:58 pm

See Mrs Rousey got destroyed again.

Her time of being an MMA fighter is up, as soon as she got hit the first time you knew she wasn't up for the fight.

She was great for the time she was at her best, and what she bought to women's MMA (a bit like Gina Carano) but now her times up.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:35 pm

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:See Mrs Rousey got destroyed again.

Her time of being an MMA fighter is up, as soon as she got hit the first time you knew she wasn't up for the fight.

She was great for the time she was at her best, and what she bought to women's MMA (a bit like Gina Carano) but now her times up.
I'm far from an expert but she went about that all wrong. Her defence was awful and she was never going to last punch for punch. Needed to defend better and try to get wrestling.

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:04 pm

ALF wrote:
The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:See Mrs Rousey got destroyed again.

I'm far from an expert but she went about that all wrong. Her defence was awful and she was never going to last punch for punch. Needed to defend better and try to get wrestling.
You would have thought that she would have learnt that from last time she was in the ring but obviously not.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:22 am

Seeing Rousey get destroyed was hilarious.

golasambi
Pope's Goalposts

Post by golasambi » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:38 am

lol yeh was funny tbf chapz x

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:00 pm

Woodley vs Thompson was a load of s****. Joke of a fight.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:21 pm

Chappy wrote:Woodley vs Thompson was a load of s****. Joke of a fight.
Did you see Elkins v Bektic? Hell of a fight
REQUIEM

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:28 pm

Ramone wrote:
Chappy wrote:Woodley vs Thompson was a load of s****. Joke of a fight.
Was that on the same card? I don't remember watching that...

KingoStarr
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by KingoStarr » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:41 pm

Chappy wrote:
Ramone wrote:
Was that on the same card? I don't remember watching that...
Yes on prelims I think though <scratch>

Overeems KO of Hunt was brutal.

Lando hype derailed as he doesn't really know how to defend against strikes