MotoGP 2013

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

MotoGP 2013

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:21 am

It all started last night in Qatar and I have to say that I've been eagerly awaiting this new season with the introduction of some new exciting rookie talent like Marc Marquez and also having Rossi competing on a bike he'll be happy with.

What a race from Rossi to take second place! He stood no chance of catching his team mate because Lorenzo had a flawless race and led from the start but Rossi carved his way through the field and showed that he still has the race craft and ability to compete.

I can see this season just getting better and better.

I was gutted for Bradley Smith crashing out but it was his first MotoGP with the big boys and he's got a steep learning curve ahead of him.

TheLittleGeordie
Incestuous Banter Runner Up
Incestuous Banter Runner Up

Re: MotoGP 2013

Post by TheLittleGeordie » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:45 am

Rossi <awe> Lorenzo's the faster of the two but Rossi <awe>
Like a seahorse in the night, he rides with haste to his beloved's domain.

He is the silent guardian, the practical idealist, the man of peace prepared for war.

He is a Mackem.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:51 am

TheLittleGeordie wrote:Rossi <awe> Lorenzo's the faster of the two but Rossi <awe>
I'm hoping to see Rossi and Lorenzo start in the middle of the pack at some point this year

Rossi is such a natural when it comes to late breaking into a corner and positioning his bike for an overtake.

Yacob
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Yacob » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:59 am

Rossi was brilliant <awe>

Crutchlow had a solid start too in fifth <diva>

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:57 pm

Good race which in my opinion could have been a classic if Rossi hadn't gone into the first corner trying to overtake way too hot early on.Anyone who wrote him off is a idiot in my eyes the guy is a genius on a bike.Cal did a fantastic job but once again a rush of blood to his head cost him i honestly think he could have took Danny at least and been right there with Rossi and Marc but for his mistake.
Moto 2 is looking real good esp. for Scott Redding who should have had Ben spies ride at pramac ooh what a balls up they did in going for the yank over young scotty.

Obertans Magic Head
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Obertans Magic Head » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:01 pm

Rossi <awe>

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:46 pm

I was really impressed with Marquez, scrapping with Rossi for second on his debut, would've finished second comfortably if he wasn't stuck behind Pedrosa for so long.

First time I've seen them race under lights. <awe>

Nobbys Trumpet
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Nobbys Trumpet » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:58 pm

I thought Rossi did really well. I still don't like him though. I'm a big fan of Pedrosa but I think he's always going to be the one who was always second and third but never first. Marc Marquez reminds me of Stoner quite a bit. His lines are unique but I really thought he was going to push it too hard yesterday and fall off, fair play to him.

Lorenzo is just super quick - I said he would win it, the Yamaha is just too good and he is just too good.

Cal has been promised some upgrades from Yamaha after around race 5 so hopefully he can continue doing well and maybe even win a race <awe>

I can't see Bradley doing anything this season unfortunately. I think this was atleast 1 maybe 2 seasons too soon for him. I hope I'm proved wrong though.

As for Scott Redding, hopefully he should be pushing for podiums most races. I think he'll finish around third at the end of the season if all goes well.
He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
Formerly - He Leapt About a Perch

Obertans Magic Head
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Obertans Magic Head » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:51 pm

Nobbys Trumpet wrote:I thought Rossi did really well. I still don't like him though. I'm a big fan of Pedrosa but I think he's always going to be the one who was always second and third but never first. Marc Marquez reminds me of Stoner quite a bit. His lines are unique but I really thought he was going to push it too hard yesterday and fall off, fair play to him.

Lorenzo is just super quick - I said he would win it, the Yamaha is just too good and he is just too good.

Cal has been promised some upgrades from Yamaha after around race 5 so hopefully he can continue doing well and maybe even win a race <awe>

I can't see Bradley doing anything this season unfortunately. I think this was atleast 1 maybe 2 seasons too soon for him. I hope I'm proved wrong though.

As for Scott Redding, hopefully he should be pushing for podiums most races. I think he'll finish around third at the end of the season if all goes well.
<wenger> How can you not like Rossi? Moto GP is so dull without him, almost as bad as F1.

Nobbys Trumpet
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Nobbys Trumpet » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:21 pm

Obertans Magic Head wrote:
Nobbys Trumpet wrote:I thought Rossi did really well. I still don't like him though. I'm a big fan of Pedrosa but I think he's always going to be the one who was always second and third but never first. Marc Marquez reminds me of Stoner quite a bit. His lines are unique but I really thought he was going to push it too hard yesterday and fall off, fair play to him.

<wenger> How can you not like Rossi? Moto GP is so dull without him, almost as bad as F1.
I would say it was the other way around, the sport was dull with him winning it every year. I was a Max Biaggi fan so I suppose that meant I didn't like Rossi. I admit that he is a fantastic rider, one of, if not the best ever, but doesn't mean I have to like him.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:20 pm

Brand new circuit this weekend.

Austin Texas :)

Looking forward to watching this Sunday night.

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:45 pm

Marquez is so good. Looks like he's going to dominate this weekend.

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:34 pm

MotoGP qualifying is really dull. <erk>

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:53 pm

Marquez. <diva> <awe>

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:54 pm

Marquez. <diva> <awe>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:15 am

Marquez had such a good race and sat right behind Pedrosa, biding his time.

Also really like the track.

Nobbys Trumpet
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Nobbys Trumpet » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:35 am

Great race from marquez. He was really mature and just bided his time behind pedrosa. He is certainly a future world champion...if not this season. He really is a fresh of breath air.

Another good race from Cal. Especially with him not going to the track pre-season.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:18 am

Catalunya GP this weekend <divax>

Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Marquez in their home race all pushing for the win. It's going to be chaos.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:16 pm

Lorenzo has suffered a broken collar bone in free practice at Assen.

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:14 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/23084468" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

<yikes> Surprised he broke it, he didn't land that heavily.

Hopefully Marquez wins and closes the gap to Pedrosa.