2013 Tour de France

Goat
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Re: 2013 Tour de France

Post by Goat » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:01 pm

AbsolutelyGlorious wrote:http://www.webfirstrow.eu/watch/195916/ ... -2013.html

Started pissing it down just after van Garderen went fastest. Froome goes at 3:30. The weather could shake it up a lot, it's treacherous in some parts.
Go on the ITV 4 official website and watch the live stream of the channel. The tour is shown every day from 2pm on there. You don't need the streaming sites and the official one is usually much more reliable quality and connection wise.

Presuming you're in the UK of course.
 ∧∧
(・ω・ )
uu_)~

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:18 pm

Goat wrote:As for spectating. You really need to choose your stage and location carefully. Depending on the terrain, riders will either bunch up together in a peloton or spread out in a long line. They may also break up into groups which gives you more to watch than the cyclists all passing by in one twenty second period.

Generally speaking, if you want to go watch then stick to the mountain stages where riders are much slower and multiple breakaway groups tend to form. If it's a flat stage its going to end up being a finish for the sprinters with little really happening up until the end, so stand near the finish line for that.
Agreed. Personally I'd rather watch the end of a sprint stage for pure excitement, but the mountain finishes would be great to watch too, apparently there were 300,000 people packed on to Mont Ventoux yesterday and Alpe d'Huez has been closed for two days because there are so many people waiting for tomorrow's double climb of it. Being anywhere other than the finish on a flat stage would be pretty pointless, they'd be gone in the blink of an eye.

The first three stages are in England next year, I'm hoping to get to one if not all of them.
Goat wrote:
AbsolutelyGlorious wrote:http://www.webfirstrow.eu/watch/195916/ ... -2013.html

Started pissing it down just after van Garderen went fastest. Froome goes at 3:30. The weather could shake it up a lot, it's treacherous in some parts.
Go on the ITV 4 official website and watch the live stream of the channel. The tour is shown every day from 2pm on there. You don't need the streaming sites and the official one is usually much more reliable quality and connection wise.

Presuming you're in the UK of course.
I might try it tomorrow. I've attempted to watch a couple of FA cup games on their website though and it's been pretty poor.

Mbemba You're a Womble
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Mbemba You're a Womble » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:39 am

Up and down the Alpe d'Huez twice today 8)

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:07 pm

AC Jimbo wrote:Up and down the Alpe d'Huez twice today 8)

That's easy, I did it three times in one day on two sticks of wood.

Goat
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Goat » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:31 pm

Just seen someone in the crowd with a Newcastle United strip on <awe>

Chances of seeing anyone with a Sunderland strip = 0
 ∧∧
(・ω・ )
uu_)~

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:07 pm

Goat wrote:Just seen someone in the crowd with a Newcastle United strip on <awe>

Chances of seeing anyone with a Sunderland strip = 0
I saw that guy, had a real old top with a blue star on it <awe>.

Fantastic performance from Riblon. Froome's getting closer, I'm hoping he can keep hold of the polka dot jersey too. Quintana's been excellent, up into third now and just a few seconds behind Contador.

Mbemba You're a Womble
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Mbemba You're a Womble » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:34 pm

Tirer le Ryan Oison Une wrote: That's easy, I did it three times in one day on two sticks of wood.
EPO <whistle>

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:36 pm

I hope Froome goes on the attack tomorrow, there are six climbs, the one at the finish is worth fifty points so whoever wins the stage is likely to take the polka dot jersey, nobody's won both since Merckx in 1970.