Post by nufc4life » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:57 pm

Glen foot is the best thing to come out of Sunderland future champion

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Re: Boxing Thread

Post by Jaiston » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:03 am

Floyd Mayweather ‏@FloydMayweather 4m

I will be fighting Marcos Maidana May 3rd on Pay-per-view Showtime/CBS http://shots.me/p/3lh0k7to" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; pic.twitter.com/Rc2N87zcjP

So predictable.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:03 am

Just thought I'd give this a bump seeing as though there's been a few fights recently. Anyone watch the Mayweather-Maidana rematch? Pretty much as you'd expect, Floyd outclassed him again.

Anthony Joshua is looking good. I'm pinning all my hopes on him for the future of British Heavyweight boxing... as Haye's no longer active and Chisora and Fury are both bulbs... the latter being more so.

Next weekend sees the return of the Saint. Looking forward to seeing how Groves comes back after back to back losses to Froch. I still think he'll be a world champ at some point.

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:38 pm

Reminded me why I don't watch Mayweather fights, dull as watching paint dry, too much running and hugging and the referee protecting him.

Fury is easily the best British Heavyweight right now, he's been f***ed over for the past year or so though, certainly stunted his good progress.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:54 am

Lot of people hate Mayweather, but I'm always in awe of his speed and defence.. Pure boxing at its best. The only fighter I can see potentially upsetting Mayweather is Khan.

It pains me to say it but rankings wise Fury is our No.1, but I'm confident AJ will be our next big thing - in the meantime I hope Chisora knocks him the f*** out. He's an embarrassment to all of boxing let alone British boxing.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:14 pm

Chappy wrote:Lot of people hate Mayweather, but I'm always in awe of his speed and defence.. Pure boxing at its best. The only fighter I can see potentially upsetting Mayweather is Khan.

It pains me to say it but rankings wise Fury is our No.1, but I'm confident AJ will be our next big thing - in the meantime I hope Chisora knocks him the **** out. He's an embarrassment to all of boxing let alone British boxing.

Speed and defence is brilliant, definitely. Most peoples problems are that he doesn't push himself enough yet claims he's the best ever. He always makes sure he gets every possible advantage for fights and in some cases even ignoring what he has, so he can grab even more (Marquez fight). He retired twice to avoid excellent boxers that were in their prime as well as having hundreds of excuses for avoiding Pacquaio.

I hope Fury wins that, he's easily the best chance as of now for winning a world title & he isn't as bad as much as an embarrassment as Chisora/ Haye. I do kind of like Fury though, doesn't hold back and he does (when he isn't trying to sell a fight) seem intelligent. One thing he'll never get away from though <laugh>
SpoilerShow
T. Fury, H. Fury, Chisora & Joshua = Good future for British Heavyweight boxing.

Not going to judge Joshua too much yet (will say he won't be another Wilder thankfully), like people did with Price. Once he gets some tough fights under his belt will be the best time, Bakhtov for the WBC International title is a good start.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:30 pm

I don't know what to believe when it comes to Mayweather-Pacquiao tbh, we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. Both fighters have stated they'd happily fight each other. But one thing or another seems to stop the fight from happening whether it's disagreements from both parties about the purse, testing or whatever. The fight needs to happen for the fans, but whether it will I really don't know. If it did Mayweather would win on points.

I was gonna mention him uppercutting himself but you beat me to it lol. The guys an absolute joke. s**** boxer, s**** singer, s**** banter. He tries to come across with this arrogant swagger but when he does it's so cringeworthy. At least the likes of David Haye and Floyd Mayweather etc can pull it off.

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:41 pm

Chappy wrote:I don't know what to believe when it comes to Mayweather-Pacquiao tbh, we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. Both fighters have stated they'd happily fight each other. But one thing or another seems to stop the fight from happening whether it's disagreements from both parties about the purse, testing or whatever. The fight needs to happen for the fans, but whether it will I really don't know. If it did Mayweather would win on points.

I was gonna mention him uppercutting himself but you beat me to it lol. The guys an absolute joke. s**** boxer, s**** singer, s**** banter. He tries to come across with this arrogant swagger but when he does it's so cringeworthy. At least the likes of David Haye and Floyd Mayweather etc can pull it off.
Yeah, the only way fans can really gauge what is happening is from what fighters say. For Mayweather, that is excuse after excuse as well as Mayweather is also known for retiring to avoid fights. The accusations of PED's were crazy as Pac had never had a dodgy test ever too.

[youtube]ltW2uGpK-98[/youtube]

David Haye is so much worse, one of the biggest cunts in the sport and failed miserably to back up his claims at HW. Much worse than Tyson Fury. Also the prison gang rape quote is probably worse than anything Chisora/ Fury has said/ done. Actually something beats that, Haye smashing a camera stand over his own trainers head <laugh>

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:01 pm

Jaiston wrote:Actually something beats that, Haye smashing a camera stand over his own trainers head <laugh>
Lol fair one. Haye gets a lot of hate too but I'm a big fan of his too. Very athletic, fast, evasive and devastating power... shame he's just made of biscuits cuz he's always bloody injured.

I'll give that video a watch later, but hate him or love him you can't deny he's the most gifted boxer of our generation. He's in a league of his own.

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:41 pm

Chappy wrote:
Jaiston wrote:Actually something beats that, Haye smashing a camera stand over his own trainers head <laugh>
Lol fair one. Haye gets a lot of hate too but I'm a big fan of his too. Very athletic, fast, evasive and devastating power... shame he's just made of biscuits cuz he's always bloody injured.

I'll give that video a watch later, but hate him or love him you can't deny he's the most gifted boxer of our generation. He's in a league of his own.
Deserved hate I would say, big mouth and doesn't back it up (at HW). The amount of fights he has pulled out of two is crazy.

As much as he's a massive cronut, probably. Think Pacquiao will be remembered more though when both retire, easily been in the more memorable bouts as well as being likeable. Also doesn't avoid boxers.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:28 pm

Jaiston wrote:
Chappy wrote:

Deserved hate I would say, big mouth and doesn't back it up (at HW). The amount of fights he has pulled out of two is crazy.

As much as he's a massive cronut, probably. Think Pacquiao will be remembered more though when both retire, easily been in the more memorable bouts as well as being likeable. Also doesn't avoid boxers.

A lot of his fans however, will be forever known as clueless cunts. Majority of which are just Filipino's who know sod all about boxing and just run their mouths cuz someone from The Philippines has actually achieved sumat <laugh>

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:30 pm

Chappy wrote:
Jaiston wrote:

A lot of his fans however, will be forever known as clueless cronuts. Majority of which are just Filipino's who know sod all about boxing and just run their mouths cuz someone from The Philippines has actually achieved sumat <laugh>
Never hear much from Pacquaio fans so wouldn't be able to judge them <laugh>

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:19 pm

You can spot em a mile off mate. I've learnt not to read comments on YouTube or Sky Sports anymore.

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:27 pm

[youtube]wS8WJ6Lz1AU[/youtube]

<laugh>

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:40 pm

<laugh>

gazzathfc
Tindall's Hoody

Post by gazzathfc » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:09 pm

Thought Khan was superb last night

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:27 am

He was. Hopefully Brook next which I think will be as easy as Alexander.

Presuming the Mayweather/ Pac fight happens...won't believe it until the bell for round 1.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Tue May 26, 2015 12:13 am

Anybody see Dirrell vs. DeGale? Decent fight. DeGale started well - knocked Dirrell down twice in the 2nd (tho only one was legit IMO) and bossed the early rounds, but Dirrell came back strong later on. I had it 115-113 to DeGale. Not a massive fan of DeGale tbh, but glad he won. Should Groves win then Groves vs. DeGale II should be on the cards in the near future! I thought Groves took that first fight - some thought DeGale took it, but I think DeGale would beat Groves this time round. Groves hasn't been too impressive since the Froch KO tbh.

Good weekend of boxing ahead - Khan vs. Algieri, Joshua vs. Johnson and Brook vs. Gavin. Looking forward to seeing Khan in action again, he was brilliant against Alexander. Be good to see Joshua fight someone who'll actually punch back. Could possibly see questions over his chin/stamina answered this weekend.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat May 30, 2015 11:38 pm

Some good fights tonight - Linares vs. Mitchell the pick of the bunch for me. Mitchell boxed quite well and did well scoring a knockdown, but ended up taking quite a lot of punishment in the end (his eye was a mess). He showed great heart but I'd probably agree with the refs stoppage.

Anthony Joshua destroyed Kevin Johnson in 2 rounds - now the only fighter to stop him in the ring. Can't wait til his next fight! Brook overcome Gavin easily, Gavin just seemed out of his depth in there. Would like to see Brook face a more dangerous opponent for once.