Post by jpg » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:06 pm

The Rock Lobster wrote:Lebron <diva> such a big game player nowadays <love>
But still a massive tool.

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Re: Basketball

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:59 pm

Thought i might give this thread a bump.

So who do you think will win this years championship?

I'm going with Golden State Warriors. They play the game the right way and are always entertaining to watch. They have a great defence and there attack is stupidly awesome!

Steph Curry is an absolute beast! puts down 3s like its nobodies business, not to mention his handling skills. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he got MVP. Then there's his 'splash brother' Clay Thompson who's looking like a future MVP in his own right.

Matthieu
Big Joe's Hawaiian Shirt

Post by Matthieu » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:59 pm

I really enjoy playing basketball, I really used to enjoy watching college basketball and as a kid, liked the NBA.

I fell out of all of those over the past few years for various reasons but...

...for some reason I decided to watch this NBA finals from the first game, and it's been top notch. <ok>

Game 6 is now, Golden State could win it, my allegiance leans towards the Cavaliers.

1) Cleveland as a city has been about as f***ed as I don't know what the good equivalent is in the UK but it used to be awesome and now has gone Detroit-way in the rust belt and it's sports have been awful, literally, forever.

2) They don't have two of their three stars for the series, Irving and Love both out injured, they were the #2 and #3 pieces to the whole thing yet they still made it this far.

3) Matthew Dellavedova. <awe>

bonus* 4) I was always skeptical on LeBron, I still don't *like* him per se but he's certainly grown on me and certainly more likable then Curry

/basketball oot!

Go Cavs Go!
Alan Pardew Historical Society

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:54 pm

Matthieu wrote:I really enjoy playing basketball, I really used to enjoy watching college basketball and as a kid, liked the NBA.

I fell out of all of those over the past few years for various reasons but...

...for some reason I decided to watch this NBA finals from the first game, and it's been top notch. <ok>

Game 6 is now, Golden State could win it, my allegiance leans towards the Cavaliers.

1) Cleveland as a city has been about as f***ed as I don't know what the good equivalent is in the UK but it used to be awesome and now has gone Detroit-way in the rust belt and it's sports have been awful, literally, forever.

2) They don't have two of their three stars for the series, Irving and Love both out injured, they were the #2 and #3 pieces to the whole thing yet they still made it this far.

3) Matthew Dellavedova. <awe>

bonus* 4) I was always skeptical on LeBron, I still don't *like* him per se but he's certainly grown on me and certainly more likable then Curry

/basketball oot!

Go Cavs Go!
1) Cleveland are a bit like us, they haven't won a trophy since the 1960s, and i though that they might of done it against GSW (who themselves haven't won in like 40 years) and they probably could have won it if Irving and Love were fit.

If they can get their starters fit and available for the play-offs next season and add more depth on their bench then i think they're in with a pretty good shout to win next year.

3) Della's done pretty well and had his moments, but i think he just ran out of steam (along with the rest of the team) in the last game

4) I don't know why you dislike Curry, in fact, i don't know anyone that dislikes him. He's a top guy, he's not an arrogant person or self-centred like others and doesn't like to hog the spotlight (i think his daughters' got more attention than him in these finals lol). Not to mention he's just a great basketball player with unreal handles at times that shoots 3s with such ease that it makes most want to cry.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Wed May 18, 2016 8:02 am

Sixers with first pick <diva>.

They need it <neg>.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Sun May 29, 2016 3:44 am

Amazing game. Curry got hot at the right moment but GSW got Thompson to thank for the win.

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Sun May 29, 2016 8:07 pm

mifune wrote:Amazing game. Curry got hot at the right moment but GSW got Thompson to thank for the win.
Surprised OKC didn't win that especially after the last two home games in which they blew GSW out of the water like no other team has this season.

Maybe they realised they only had to win a game and the pressure of that got to them. Even if GSW do win the last game (which i think they will) OKC should hold their heads high and be proud of what they have done in the playoffs.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Mon May 30, 2016 11:12 pm

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
mifune wrote:Amazing game. Curry got hot at the right moment but GSW got Thompson to thank for the win.
Surprised OKC didn't win that especially after the last two home games in which they blew GSW out of the water like no other team has this season.

Maybe they realised they only had to win a game and the pressure of that got to them. Even if GSW do win the last game (which i think they will) OKC should hold their heads high and be proud of what they have done in the playoffs.
Yeah they kind of choked. Don't see anything other than a win for GSW tonight. Been impressed with Adams.

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Tue May 31, 2016 1:23 pm

mifune wrote:

Yeah they kind of choked. Don't see anything other than a win for GSW tonight. Been impressed with Adams.
GSW v Cavs, repeat of last years final. It will be interesting to see if the Cavs can do it this time with Irving and Love back.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:52 pm

mifune wrote:
GSW v Cavs, repeat of last years final. It will be interesting to see if the Cavs can do it this time with Irving and Love back.
Missed the first game and won't be able to watch 2, 3 or 4 either. So hoping it goes the distance...

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:48 am

Well it is goinig to Game 7. Huge performance from LeBron. Curry fouled out.

Still expect GSW to win seeing as they've got home court advantage. LeBron has put up crazy numbers in back to back games now though, so you never know.

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:24 pm

Credit to the Cavs, they were amazing and it was deserved as well <applause>

I cannot help but feel so happy for LeBron <diva> , he's gotten lot of stick over his career (sometimes justified, sometimes not) and last night he put in a performance that even those who have constantly criticised him must of stood up and applauded what he had done, he was simply amazing! and to be the finals MVP capped it all off. <awe>

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:53 pm

LEBRON!

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:59 pm

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:Credit to the Cavs, they were amazing and it was deserved as well <applause>

I cannot help but feel so happy for LeBron <diva> , he's gotten lot of stick over his career (sometimes justified, sometimes not) and last night he put in a performance that even those who have constantly criticised him must of stood up and applauded what he had done, he was simply amazing! and to be the finals MVP capped it all off. <awe>
Really great game. The only game in the series that was close.

Yeah I'm glad the Cavs won, pretty amazing story with LeBron and everything. His performance in the last three games of the series was monstrous, stuff legacies are made out of. That block near the end of the fourth to keep the game tied won it for them.

GSW lost as many games in the playoffs as they did in the entire regular season <erm>.

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:11 pm

Take A Chance On Mifune wrote:
The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:Credit to the Cavs, they were amazing and it was deserved as well <applause>

Yeah I'm glad the Cavs won, pretty amazing story with LeBron and everything. His performance in the last three games of the series was monstrous, stuff legacies are made out of. That block near the end of the fourth to keep the game tied won it for them.

GSW lost as many games in the playoffs as they did in the entire regular season <erm>.
I lost count of how many times the lead changed in the 3rd and 4th periods <laugh>

Its crazy to think that a team that has just gone 73-9 in the regular season record hasn't got anything to show for it. (Just goes to show the 95-96 Bulls team is still the superior team <awe>)

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:16 pm

I lost count of how many times the lead changed in the 3rd and 4th periods <laugh>

Its crazy to think that a team that has just gone 73-9 in the regular season record hasn't got anything to show for it. (Just goes to show the 95-96 Bulls team is still the superior team <awe>)
Yeah it kind of takes the shine of that record now. Makes the Cavs winning it even more incredible though, coming back from 3-1 down in the finals to win their first ever NBA Championship against (statistically) the best basketball team ever.

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:54 pm

Yeah it kind of takes the shine of that record now. Makes the Cavs winning it even more incredible though, coming back from 3-1 down in the finals to win their first ever NBA Championship against (statistically) the best basketball team ever.
Agreed <ok>

I don't quite know where it went so wrong for GSW, i know OKC gave them and good test (and were unlucky themselves not to win the series), but they were 3-1 up and cruising to another championship.

I know that last game (when Curry got thrown out) they had a nightmare but this season when things didn't go their way they would always make up for it next game and blow the opposition out of the water, but these past 2 games they really struggled to get any momentum going and looked like an average team.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:30 pm

Agreed <ok>

I don't quite know where it went so wrong for GSW, i know OKC gave them and good test (and were unlucky themselves not to win the series), but they were 3-1 up and cruising to another championship.

I know that last game (when Curry got thrown out) they had a nightmare but this season when things didn't go their way they would always make up for it next game and blow the opposition out of the water, but these past 2 games they really struggled to get any momentum going and looked like an average team.
I think it was when Green got suspended after Game 4. What should've been a straight forward home game to wrap up the series gave the Cavs hope and once LeBron scented blood he wasn't letting the series go. Even after it went 3-3 I was still fully expecting GSW to win though, like you said they bounce back well and had home court advantage. Curry was pretty disappointing during the entire playoffs really. In the end Cleveland just wanted it more I guess.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:46 pm

Mifune wrote:Sixers with first pick <diva>.

They need it <neg>.
Simmons <diva>

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:33 pm

Traded Derrick Rose for a couple of bang average players, FML!!! <mob> <disgrace>