Anyone keep track of all the events they've been too?

Matthieu
Big Joe's Hawaiian Shirt

Anyone keep track of all the events they've been too?

Post by Matthieu » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:40 am

Sporting events that is.

I'm a bit of a hoarder (alright I need to be on those tv shows <laugh> ) but i'm a bit of a collector so to speak so over the years have done a pretty good job of keeping all the tickets for all the sporting games i've been too.

After a couple moves and emptying out of a storage unit i've found random tickets in drawers here and there (and old jackets <laugh> ) and slowly ended up with a massive pile of 'em. It's pretty cool and since i'm a lonely saddo i've been looking through them all and putting them in a binder. <cheers>

It's pretty cool to be honest to see over the years all the random things i've attended, and plenty that brought back memories or i had completely forgotten I was at in the first place!

Plus, unlike today where everyone prints off a stupid piece of paper, some tickets looked pretty cool. 8)

edit - apparently everything is 'pretty cool' this evening. <awe>
Alan Pardew Historical Society

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Re: Anyone keep track of all the events they've been too?

Post by Chappy » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:00 am

I do this quite a bit, both here on camp and back home I've got loads of tickets I've kept from all different events I've been to. On camp I've got a number of tickets pinned to my wall, including:

- My ticket from the Chelsea game at home this season (it was the first Toon game I took our lass to)
- A number of Castleford Tigers tickets
- Wales Vs England ticket from this Six Nations this year (my first England rugby game and what a game to pick! Wales 16-21 England! Brilliant atmosphere!)
- Ticket for Carl Froch Vs George Groves II
- Arctic Monkeys ticket for Finsbury Park last year
- Army Vs Navy rugby ticket for this year

Sometimes I end up using some of these as bookmarks...
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Matthieu
Big Joe's Hawaiian Shirt

Post by Matthieu » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:12 am

<ok>

Yeah I do the same with music gigs as well of course.

I've never been to rugby, or boxing for that matter. I have however, been to Wrestlemania. 8)

Four Toon games as well, two at St. James' <cheers>

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:41 pm

Do the same with match day programmes too <ok>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:21 pm

Always keep my tickets, I've not done too much but hopefully one day I'll have a decent collection.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:29 pm

I mainly go to away matches so keep all my tickets.

Don't keep tickets from other sporting events (e.g. f1) or non NuFc games tho.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:00 am

I've still got the ticket stubs from the first gig I ever went to which was Quiet Riot when they played in Austin, Texas. Way back in 1983 :)

I was 9 years old <yikes>

Matthieu
Big Joe's Hawaiian Shirt

Post by Matthieu » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:34 am

Here's one of the best I literally just found in an old laptop case... from four years ago. <yikes>

But I'm glad I have it. <love>

JF Jarville drew Sochaux in the Coupe de France.

Sochaux finished fifth in Ligue 1 that year, qualified for Europe. meanwhile Jarville were a local team of youngsters in a suburb of Nancy in the fifth tier which isn't like the conference national, it's got (i believe at the time) at least six sections of it's own at that level of the pyramid alone and most of their players qualified for wages being cut from their regular jobs. <puke>

I was never a 'supporter' of Jarville or anything, barely even knew of their existence to be fair but for some reason the Coupe de France seems to bring this out more than any other major domestic cups around Europe when it comes to true cinderella stories like this.

So AS Nancy naturally let Jarville play at their ground for the match (The Jarville ground is actually MUCH closer to my home than Stade Marcel Picot but, well, it doesn't have a stand 8)) and a really good chunk of the city turned out really well for the Jarville guys! it was a great turn-out for them, they were mostly all local guys and it was awesome. I mean this isn't like Rotherham, this is literally a Sunday side (and I don't mean that as disrespect whatsoever)

(for some brief context) Jarville are the massive massive underdogs in red and the fella who takes the first couple shots is the captain, who has taken the entire Jarville club is about 15 years older then the rest of the club and is an absolute legend that they look up too, trying ti inspire these kids a shot at higher competition, it's f***ing great stuff <awe>

You see some spectacularly desperate defending, which, considering the gulf in "love" I find absolutely inspiring . <awe>

So It was awesome, it was emotional, and I got to meet many great new friends as I only spend about a week or two a year these days in Nancy a year. <love>

(I don't want to end on a negative note but les lionceaux (the Sochaux supporters) were cunts, during the game, and after, they were idiots in the stadium, and in our city <urgh> )

By the way, when you watch the video. Sochaux score the winning goal at minute 90+3 <urgh> hardly deserving the bastards. <disgrace>

So anyway, I went an an hour long nostalgia ride <awe> here is the ticket in question.. <laugh>

Andy the German mag
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Andy the German mag » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:43 pm

I always keep my matchday tickets and I always try to get a matchday programme. But as I've moved to a new flat one year ago it has become a little bit chaotic. <whistle>

I've been to loads of different football matches, so I will just point out the most special ones:

- Champions League semi final 2009/10 first leg: Bayern Munich - Olympique Lyon (1:0)
- Premier League 2014/15 Chelsea vs. Everton (1:0)
- several matches of the German cup (DFB-Pokal), first or second round at smaller clubs in Bavaria
- Danish first league 2013/14 FC Copenhagen vs. Bröndby (1:1)

Other sports events I've been to:

- Handball Bundesliga, Handball World Championship 2007
- Table tennis Bundesliga Final 2005, Table tennis European Top 12 tournament 2004
- Basketball Bundesliga and second league

Next up will be a ski jumping World Cup in winter hopefully <awe>