The Official WWE Thread

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Re: The Official WWE Thread

Post by Heisen » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:25 pm

ALF wrote:
Halsenberg wrote:Ultimate Warrior has died! He was a bit before my time but I've heard he was a bit of a hero. RIP <rose>
He was at WWE events Saturday, Sunday and Monday. This is his promo on RAW the day before he died, quite eerie.
SpoilerShow

RIP <rose>
"Every mans heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe its final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the bodies of others; If it makes them believe deeper in something larger than life; than his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized."

It's like he knew it was coming.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:28 pm

Supposedly his promos have always been morbid, but it does sound that someone that knew death was around the corner. He went out on a good note though, settled a lot of old arguments and had a last go in the spotlight over the weekend.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:06 pm

Genuinely gutted was one of my childhood hero's :( <rose>

Happy that he got a good send off though, buried a lot of hatchets and got to stand in the ring one last time after all the years of disputes.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:08 pm

Ultimate Warrior was my favourite wrestler when I used to watch what was formally referred to as WWF, circa 1990. He was bloody mental. Always came out screaming and as soon as he had got in the ring he got his arsed kicked only to start shaking the ropes and getting some sort of mental American Indian summoning act going on which made him invincible. Bloody brilliant. My fave wrestlers were Ultimate, the Undertaker and The Legion of Doom. Ace the lot of them

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:25 pm

Geordie and Newcastle fan Adrian Neville / Pac started on the WWE main roster a couple of weeks ago, has already gave the champion a run for his money, and today he topped Reddit's /r/all with this:

[gfy][/gfy]

http://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/3 ... hleticism/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:04 pm

For anyone who loved wrestling back in the day;

Bret Hart has just, within the last 30 minutes, declared that he has Prostate Cancer. Here is the post from his official Facebook:
It is with great remorse that I feel compelled to speak truthfully to my friends, family and my millions of fans around the world. In the past few years, I've spent more than enough time paying the price for all those years trying to be the best there ever was as a professional wrestler. I executed excellently and my proudest claim was that I never seriously hurt or injured another wrestler in my 23 year career. I've paid a price for all that "fake" wrestling. Aside from a devastating career-ending concussion and numerous surgeries when I was younger, in recent years I've had two knee replacements, two hernia operations, surgery on my right elbow, and, just a few months ago, I underwent a four-corner fusion of my right wrist that even now makes it most difficult to write or type.

Mark Helprin wrote: "We are all perfect clocks that Divinity has set to ticking when, even before birth, the heart explodes into a lifelong dance." I've had a great lifelong dance and I'm a survivor of many hard battles. I now face my toughest battle. With hesitation and fear, I openly declare myself in my fight against prostate cancer. In the next few days, I will undergo surgery with the hope of defeating this nemesis once and for all.

My fans have always looked upon me as a hero and I've always done my best to live up to that in and out of the ring. I beat the odds when I suffered my stroke in 2002, but it is now yet again, that I draw upon the many adults and young children I've met throughout my life who courageously fought and usually lost in their battles against this deadly disease. One year ago, I watched a brave young man named Whesley fight brain cancer to the end. If I can find even an ounce of his courage to stand unafraid and face the tough road ahead of me, I will march toward this destiny with his spirit chanting in my ear.

I make a solemn vow to all of those that once believed in me, the dead and the living, that I will wage my fearsome fight against cancer with one shield and one sword carrying my determination and my fury for life, emboldened by all the love that's kept me going this long already. Love is my weapon and I've got much of it around me all the time, for which I'm truly blessed and eternally grateful. My children, grandchildren, and my loving wife Steph have been and will constantly be at my side. I refuse to lose, I will never give in or give up, and I will win this battle or die trying.

Most important of all, I hope I can take the fight to prostate cancer. To be a leader in awareness and to set the example for men everywhere who find themselves in my very same shoes, that prostate cancer can be beaten.
B x
Very sad to hear, it seems as though everyone's got some kind of cancer these days.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:16 am

So Goldberg beat Brock Lesnar in 90 seconds, I mean you can't help it in boxing/UFC if a big fight ends early but with wrestling being fake you'd think they'd have dragged it out a bit. <laugh>

golasambi
Pope's Goalposts

Post by golasambi » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:42 pm

he was injured i think

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:31 pm

No watchers anymore?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:16 am

I preferred when it was WWF <roll>

Actually never been interested in it. It's a load of men in spandex acting badly and carrying out scripted routines. My mate is 41 and still goes to watch it <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:14 pm

Used to love it as a kid, Stone Cold was my favourite.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:31 pm

Chappy wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:14 pm
Used to love it as a kid, Stone Cold was my favourite.
The old WWF games on the PS2 were decent.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:19 pm

Just me then :(

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:21 pm

omegaprimevkm wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:19 pm
Just me then :(
Watch PPVs although strictly speaking they aren't PPV anymore. Don't bother watching weekly shows though.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:23 pm

Did anyone see ITV's relaunched World of Sport? New series started on Saturday, but looks like WWE have tied up a lot of the best UK talent now to keep WOS down.

I check in with WWE for the major PPVs or if I hear about something good happening. Been to a few Progress shows (highly recommend), catch the big NJPW events, and slowly working my way through Lucha Underground in fits and starts. Apparently Impact got good, but I don't have the time for the stuff I know I like already.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:27 am

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:06 pm

Cal wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:23 pm
Did anyone see ITV's relaunched World of Sport? New series started on Saturday, but looks like WWE have tied up a lot of the best UK talent now to keep WOS down.

I check in with WWE for the major PPVs or if I hear about something good happening. Been to a few Progress shows (highly recommend), catch the big NJPW events, and slowly working my way through Lucha Underground in fits and starts. Apparently Impact got good, but I don't have the time for the stuff I know I like already.
Progress is good.

Kane is only a County Mayor...it's not a huge thing.

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:34 am

Summerslam this weekend for the Reigns coronation but there's supposed to be a big heel turn from either him or Ambrose.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:09 pm

omegaprimevkm wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:34 am
Summerslam this weekend for the Reigns coronation but there's supposed to be a big heel turn from either him or Ambrose.
And there was neither. Just more of the same s***.

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:36 pm

ALF wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:09 pm
omegaprimevkm wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:34 am
And there was neither. Just more of the same s***.
:(