Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: The F1 Thread

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:23 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:40 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:57 am
I'm not a gamer really, but went to the F1 arcade in Birmingham yesterday and it was really decent - full racing sim experience: https://f1arcade.com/
We've got one in central London and been thinking of booking something with miniOT and a few mates or head off to a go kart track for an afternoon to physically race stuff.

Is the SIM experience good and how long does it last?
It’s a really good experience. You can do a 3 race package or 5 races. We did 3 and it look around 30/35 mins. They’ve loads of tvs showing old races etc too.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:47 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:40 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:57 am
I'm not a gamer really, but went to the F1 arcade in Birmingham yesterday and it was really decent - full racing sim experience: https://f1arcade.com/
We've got one in central London and been thinking of booking something with miniOT and a few mates or head off to a go kart track for an afternoon to physically race stuff.

Is the SIM experience good and how long does it last?
Not F1 but I went to SIM Motorsport in Gillingham in December. Really good experience. We had a 90 minute endurance race and 30 minute qualifying. Teams of 3 so got about 40 minutes in the seat each. Was a genuine workout trying to battle with the car at times.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:37 am

This might sound stupid, but I wonder if Verstappen is just bored out of his brain when racing?

He's comfortably quicker than everyone else, including his own team mate. He can do whatever strategy he wants and pit when he wants as he's so far in front. He can manage his pace as he wishes for the entire race. He rarely has to overtake anyone or get into a scrap. He can sit on autopilot for 99% of the time. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you get a buzz from winning multiple world championships, but it's like playing FIFA on a level that's too easy for you and you just win every match 10-0. It's boring as hell.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:18 pm

Sargent is s***, but harsh as f*** to give his car to Albon for the rest of the weekend after Albon put his own car into the wall!

Can't recall that ever happening before since I've been watching F1. Obviously they used to have a spare car back in the day, but can't remember a driver having to give his car to a team mate at the expense of him being able to race.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:36 am

I suppose the only justification is that Albon is more likely to do something in the Williams and with some added luck, maybe get a point.

It is very harsh on Sargent though.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:12 am

Sainz <applause>

Russell mongs it on the last lap once more <laugh>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:39 am

Perfect drive by Sainz again and thought that McLaren had a great race as well.

Was happy to see Tsunoda get points on the board.

Alonso/Russell incident seems to be stewards can't 100% state that a brake test happened but Alonso did something unexpected and strange so gets a punishment.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:35 am

Quite a decent race considering it was another routine red bull win.