The F1 Thread

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Re: The F1 Thread

Post by Micky Quim » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:18 pm

Well I think its safe to say nobody expected that start!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:35 pm

Wow!!!!!!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:37 pm

Bloody hell.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:40 pm

f*** Toto Wolff. So happy with that result just because of his moaning and bitching.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:27 pm

He is a bit of a prick, had no right to be on the radio to the FIA saying not to bring a safety car out for the Gionvanzi one earlier.

Red Bull took a chance and made their own luck today so fair play to them.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:53 pm

What an awful way to decide it.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:01 pm

Mercedes came to the race weekend with a barrister

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:04 pm

Sensible move it seems.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:05 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:01 pm
Mercedes came to the race weekend with a barrister
Just a mess. Merc, RB, Max and Lewis have done nothing wrong this weekend and we are in this position. I love F1 but the sport needs a good f***ing sit down over the summer to sort the regs out.

How on earth safety car restarts can be so complicated is beyond me, every other series has it sorted so why cant F1? Same with Hamilton Verstappen lap 1 shenanigans. Just mad.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:08 pm

And weve got so much talent coming through, Norris, Sainz, Russell, LeClerc, Piastri, Scumacher, Gasly, Pourchaire etc the sport keeps this up people will think twice about investing in the next generation.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:12 pm

Both appeals rejected <diva>

Max deserves it, he’s won most races, led most laps etc. People like to moan but plenty of people further down the grid have made moves like he’s done through the season and nobody bats an eyelid. Lewis also got away with one at the first corner this race and should have probably been made to give the place back.

F1 needed a new champion and an end to Mercedes domination.

Love it or hate it, this result (and controversy) is fantastic for F1.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:13 pm

Michael Masi should get the boot. Terrible decisions made on the hoof today and throughout the season

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:18 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:12 pm

Max deserves it, he’s won most races, led most laps etc. People like to moan but plenty of people further down the grid have made moves like he’s done through the season and nobody bats an eyelid. Lewis also got away with one at the first corner this race and should have probably been made to give the place back.

No doubt Max deserves it and Merc dominance ending is good but the race direction and consistency has been terrible all season and is bad for the sport. Drama is always good to watch but it's almost been like WWE this year. Need a good sit down over the winter things like SC restarts should be simple.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:20 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:13 pm
Michael Masi should get the boot. Terrible decisions made on the hoof today and throughout the season
I would say in his defence, the constant moaning and bickering to him from Red Bull and Mercedes doesn’t help at all. The FIA radio has been fascinating to hear this season, but Toto needs to keep his nose out sometimes e.g. radioing the FIA to say not to put a safety car out for the Giovanazzi incident. It had f*** all to do with him and he should be letting the stewards focus on safely clearing the circuit.

Merc should also look at their own strategy calls, they’ve made some poor decisions this season, probably as a result of not really being challenged for so many years meaning they didn’t have to be fully on the ball.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:21 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:18 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:12 pm

No doubt Max deserves it and Merc dominance ending is good but the race direction and consistency has been terrible all season and is bad for the sport. Drama is always good to watch but it's almost been like WWE this year. Need a good sit down over the winter things like SC restarts should be simple.
I’ve enjoyed the drama side of things this season after multiple seasons of sheer boredom.

Sky sports just said the rule around restarts was at the discretion of the race director, and all teams had previously agreed to that being the case.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:39 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:21 pm
Blue & Maroon wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:18 pm

I’ve enjoyed the drama side of things this season after multiple seasons of sheer boredom.

Sky sports just said the rule around restarts was at the discretion of the race director, and all teams had previously agreed to that being the case.
It shouldn't be just up to the race director. For things like this we need hard and fast rules. I know motorsport will always have variables but for things like the SC restart backmarkers overtaking or not should be a rule one way or another. Lots of it's more complicated but its one of the richest sports in the world and been going on for 70 plus years let's get some s*** set in stone ffs 🤣 law is less complicated.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:56 pm

To be 14 seconds out in front and then have that obliterated on the whim of the race director is a shocker

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:01 pm

Not the first time a safety car has lead to someone not winning a race they were Leading, won’t be the last.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:16 pm

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:20 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:01 pm
Not the first time a safety car has lead to someone not winning a race they were Leading, won’t be the last.
That's not the point though, we should be celebrating Max but instead we are arguing over and scrutinizing the regulations. It's the manner I'm which it's all happened rather than the result itself.