Post by overseasTOON » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:36 am

Sergio Perez has joined McLaren <love>

Such an exciting young talent.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Re: F1 Tracks - Drop/Keep/Time Will Tell

Post by TJR » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:27 am

Perez is a great young driver. He will win a world championship at some point, hopefully at McLaren. The Hamilton move wasn't really a shock, everyone knew he was going to Mercedes. Will he be replacing Schumacher or Rosberg though? I heared a rumour a few weeks ago that if Schumacher retires then Mercedes will have Hamilton and Rosberg next season but if Schumacher chooses to continue they will axe Rosberg.

Perez to McLaren is interesting though, he's good enough but I always thought he would have ended up replacing Massa at Ferrari. McLaren is arguably a better move for Perez though. Having Perez at McLaren will ensure that Hamilton won't be missed. I prefer Button anyway.

Paco
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by Paco » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:36 am

Nice to see a bit of movement in the driver market, but I really can't see Mercedes providing Hamilton with the car available for a championship. Obviously people will reference Schumi/Brawn/Ferrari. But the fact is Schumi is well-reknown for being a great tester, and Hamilton isn't (shown by his poor decision in Spa). In addition, you can no longer test mid-season, meaning that a lot depends on the initial design.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:37 am

TJR_NUFC wrote:Perez is a great young driver. He will win a world championship at some point, hopefully at McLaren. The Hamilton move wasn't really a shock, everyone knew he was going to Mercedes. Will he be replacing Schumacher or Rosberg though? I heared a rumour a few weeks ago that if Schumacher retires then Mercedes will have Hamilton and Rosberg next season but if Schumacher chooses to continue they will axe Rosberg.

Perez to McLaren is interesting though, he's good enough but I always thought he would have ended up replacing Massa at Ferrari. McLaren is arguably a better move for Perez though. Having Perez at McLaren will ensure that Hamilton won't be missed. I prefer Button anyway.
Every source I've read today has said he is replacing Schumacher.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:57 am

It will be interesting to see how Perez handles a car that is far harder on tyres than the Sauber.

Rosberg and Hamilton could make Mercedes a great team if Brawn can deliver a good car next season.

tomtom94
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by tomtom94 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:45 pm

Hamilton going to Mercedes could be just what he needs or it could be a disastrous move. Only time will tell, and with the regulations changing drastically in 2014 it will be good for him to have A) works support and B) Ross Brawn, loophole finder.

Perez to Mclaren was more unexpected for me but he will do really well, he and Button are very similar in terms of driving style which will help with car design. As for why he didn't go to Ferrari, it's expected Vettel will move to Ferrari in 2014 alongside Alonso, no point in Perez going to Ferrari for one year and then being cast out.
History wrought with disease for so long, a nation sleeps tight... the poison carries on!

this space reserved for particularly amusing quotes and/or images.

With friends like these, who needs herpes?

Swarlos
Annoying Shitmuncher
Annoying Shitmuncher

Post by Swarlos » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:48 pm

McLaren, Red Bull sorted for next year. Can see this for next year

Sauber - Kobayashi, and then either Gutierrez(test driver, not Jonas) or someone like Ricciardo
Mercedes - Hamilton, Schumi
Ferrari - Raikonnen, Alonso
Lotus - Rosberg, Grosjean
Force India, Toro Rosso and Williams to stay the same. Although there will be the likely be changes to the drivers. Massa will drop from Ferrari. Think he will have a break from F1

Wedge Head Tiote
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Wedge Head Tiote » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:58 pm

Hopefully McLaren will give Hamilton a s*** car for the rest of the year, giving Alonso the championship <diva>

Dr. Bishop
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Dr. Bishop » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:00 pm

Wedge Head Tiote wrote:Hopefully McLaren will give Hamilton a s*** car for the rest of the year, giving Alonso the championship <diva>
<diva>
“I just got an erection. Oh, fear not. It’s nothing to do with your state of undress. I just simply need to urinate.”
Dr. Walter Bishop

TheLittleGeordie
Incestuous Banter Runner Up
Incestuous Banter Runner Up

Post by TheLittleGeordie » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:24 pm

beardface wrote:Every source I've read today has said he is replacing Schumacher.
Thing is though, Schumi's in complete control of whether or not he leaves in the next 2 years. Mclaren can't sack him (or at least thats what i've heard)
Like a seahorse in the night, he rides with haste to his beloved's domain.

He is the silent guardian, the practical idealist, the man of peace prepared for war.

He is a Mackem.

Paco
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by Paco » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:39 pm

Schumi isn't going to be at Mercedes.

Brawn: "“I believe that the combination of Lewis and Nico will be the most dynamic and exciting pairing on the grid next year, and I am looking forward to what we can achieve together." "“On behalf of Mercedes AMG Petronas, I would first of all like to thank Michael Schumacher for the important contribution he has made to the growth of our team over the past three seasons.

“His energy and commitment have never wavered, even when results have not matched our own expectations, and we are determined to finish the 2012 season together on a high. As always, it has been a pleasure to work with Michael.”

If he's on the grid next season it won't be with Merc <ok>

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:00 pm

Paco wrote:Nice to see a bit of movement in the driver market, but I really can't see Mercedes providing Hamilton with the car available for a championship. Obviously people will reference Schumi/Brawn/Ferrari. But the fact is Schumi is well-reknown for being a great tester, and Hamilton isn't (shown by his poor decision in Spa). In addition, you can no longer test mid-season, meaning that a lot depends on the initial design.
Two crucial differences: Mercedes don't have Rory Byrne designing their cars like Ferrari did. Nor do they have Bridgestone providing them with bespoke tyres that no one else is allowed to use. Brawn's a clever guy and a great engineer, but he's not the designer Byrne was. I doubt they'll provide Hamilton with a championship winning car, but I hope it's a race winner, I'd love to see the top five teams competing for the titles next year.

Paco
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by Paco » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:07 pm

AbsolutelyGlorious wrote:
Paco wrote:Nice to see a bit of movement in the driver market, but I really can't see Mercedes providing Hamilton with the car available for a championship. Obviously people will reference Schumi/Brawn/Ferrari. But the fact is Schumi is well-reknown for being a great tester, and Hamilton isn't (shown by his poor decision in Spa). In addition, you can no longer test mid-season, meaning that a lot depends on the initial design.
Two crucial differences: Mercedes don't have Rory Byrne designing their cars like Ferrari did. Nor do they have Bridgestone providing them with bespoke tyres that no one else is allowed to use. Brawn's a clever guy and a great engineer, but he's not the designer Byrne was. I doubt they'll provide Hamilton with a championship winning car, but I hope it's a race winner, I'd love to see the top five teams competing for the titles next year.
Yeah, I agree, I was just pointing out that Hamilton fans would point that out. I disagree with that, as you say the Ferrari line-up was a dream team (Schumi/Brawn/Todt/Byrne/Montezemolo/Bridgestone), Merc don't have that.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Re: The F1 Thread

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:32 am

Schumacher confirms he'll retire again at the end of this season.

He's done a lot of work behind the scenes with Mercedes and I'll bet he carries on doing the same next season as a technical consultant.

tomtom94
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by tomtom94 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:10 pm

overseasTOON wrote:Schumacher confirms he'll retire again at the end of this season.

He's done a lot of work behind the scenes with Mercedes and I'll bet he carries on doing the same next season as a technical consultant.
They say never come back......
History wrought with disease for so long, a nation sleeps tight... the poison carries on!

this space reserved for particularly amusing quotes and/or images.

With friends like these, who needs herpes?

Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Seagull » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:08 pm

Lewis Hamilton ‏@LewisHamilton
Just noticed @jensonbutton unfollowed, thats a shame. After 3 years as teammates, I thought we respected one another but clearly he doesn't.

<ohnoes>
"He's on the computer in his underwear wasting time in some chitchat room, going back & forth with some other fuckin' jerkoff"

Tony Soprano

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:11 pm

I want curly hair too wrote:Lewis Hamilton ‏@LewisHamilton
Just noticed @jensonbutton unfollowed, thats a shame. After 3 years as teammates, I thought we respected one another but clearly he doesn't.

<ohnoes>
Team JB <parrot>

KingoStarr
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by KingoStarr » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:12 pm

I want curly hair too wrote:Lewis Hamilton ‏@LewisHamilton

<ohnoes>
Hamilton <love>

JB is such a petty t*** for doing that
The <erk>'sburg dynasty is over 3 seasons, 3 division 1 titles.

KingoStarr
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by KingoStarr » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:25 pm

Lewis Hamilton ‏@LewisHamilton
My bad, just found out Jenson never followed me. Don't blame him! Need to be on Twitter more!

Hamilton <yuno> let people know that before making me look like a t*** on TF
The <erk>'sburg dynasty is over 3 seasons, 3 division 1 titles.