The F1 Thread

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: The F1 Thread

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:01 pm

Thank God for force India livening things up!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:03 pm

Amazing from Perez.

If in doubt, throw your teammate into the wall.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:04 pm

overseasTOON wrote:Amazing from Perez.

If in doubt, throw your teammate into the wall.
Yeah, mental.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:37 pm

Pretty straightforward for Hamilton really. Other than after the restart Vettel never looked like getting by. Ric loves snapping up a podium given half a chance.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Stroll starting p2 <notbad>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:58 pm

ALF wrote:Stroll starting p2 <notbad>
He's got a good boat.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:48 pm

Hamilton is untouchable when he's on it. I know a lot of people don't like him because of his celebrity lifestyle, but he is an unbelievable driver. I love watching him drive.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:49 am

It's raining in Singapore.

It'll be chaos.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:08 pm

Nailed it :)

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:25 am

Absolute madness in that race. Who was to blame for the crash? The Ferraris sandwiched Verstappen then poor Alonso got smashed afterwards.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:49 am

ALF wrote:Absolute madness in that race. Who was to blame for the crash? The Ferraris sandwiched Verstappen then poor Alonso got smashed afterwards.
I put the blame solely on Vettel. He used his standard "squeeze the driver off the track manoeuvre" from the start and left Verstappen and Raikkonen with nowhere to go.

He’s done that trick so many times in the past and several times he’s been lucky not to cause contact or a serious accident.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:07 am

overseasTOON wrote:
ALF wrote:Absolute madness in that race. Who was to blame for the crash? The Ferraris sandwiched Verstappen then poor Alonso got smashed afterwards.
I put the blame solely on Vettel. He used his standard "squeeze the driver off the track manoeuvre" from the start and left Verstappen and Raikkonen with nowhere to go.

He’s done that trick so many times in the past and several times he’s been lucky not to cause contact or a serious accident.
No blame on Kimi? He got a great start but tried diving down the inside into a gap that wasn't really there.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:34 am

ALF wrote:
overseasTOON wrote:

No blame on Kimi? He got a great start but tried diving down the inside into a gap that wasn't really there.
Kimi didn't veer at all as he didn't really have any space but he had already nosed well beyond Verstappen when Vettel opted to squeeze the wall and cause the crash.

There was so much space available on the outside into the first corner that if Vettel stayed true to the racing line the liklihood is that he'd have exited unscathed and been in first place while Kimi would have had the space ahead of Vertsappen to get around safely as well.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:49 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
ALF wrote:
Kimi didn't veer at all as he didn't really have any space but he had already nosed well beyond Verstappen when Vettel opted to squeeze the wall and cause the crash.

There was so much space available on the outside into the first corner that if Vettel stayed true to the racing line the liklihood is that he'd have exited unscathed and been in first place while Kimi would have had the space ahead of Vertsappen to get around safely as well.
Agree. 100% Vettel. Even after being hit he went round Turn 2 and nearly took Lewis front wing off by not leaving enough space again.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:51 pm

Vettel instigates it by moving over to squeeze Verstappen but that's pretty standard for the pole sitter to do in order to defend first place going into the first corner.

There is no way Vettel would have been able to see Kimi coming down the otherwise of Verstappen, especially in those conditions.

Kimi had nowhere to go and wouldn't have been aware of Vettel moving so far across Verstappen.

Verstappen is the only one of the three who could have potentially have seen what both of the other two were doing. Short of breaking heavily though there is nothing he could do about it either.

No one to blame, just a racing incident.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:51 am

TJR wrote:Vettel instigates it by moving over to squeeze Verstappen but that's pretty standard for the pole sitter to do in order to defend first place going into the first corner.

There is no way Vettel would have been able to see Kimi coming down the otherwise of Verstappen, especially in those conditions.

Kimi had nowhere to go and wouldn't have been aware of Vettel moving so far across Verstappen.

Verstappen is the only one of the three who could have potentially have seen what both of the other two were doing. Short of breaking heavily though there is nothing he could do about it either.

No one to blame, just a racing incident.
Agreed with all of that.

Agreeing with TJR <erk>

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:35 pm

Vettel moved over too far and too quickly

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:30 am

Just caught up on the race (only saw the start on Sunday). I'd say it was a mixture of racing incident and Vettel being at fault. Vettel put the squeeze on Verstappen which he's entitled to do but he really had no way or knowing that Raikkonen was also there. IMO neither Raikkonen or Verstappen did anything wrong. Yeah you could say they both could've braked hard but if you did that every time you were in a 2 or 3 way scrap going into T1 you'll never be a winner. If anything, given the conditions Vettel could have used a bit more common sense.

Surprised that Hamilton won so easily for Ric, who may have had a gearbox issue. Hamilton was in great form and I think that result almost seals the title for him.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:04 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:Just caught up on the race (only saw the start on Sunday). I'd say it was a mixture of racing incident and Vettel being at fault. Vettel put the squeeze on Verstappen which he's entitled to do but he really had no way or knowing that Raikkonen was also there. IMO neither Raikkonen or Verstappen did anything wrong. Yeah you could say they both could've braked hard but if you did that every time you were in a 2 or 3 way scrap going into T1 you'll never be a winner. If anything, given the conditions Vettel could have used a bit more common sense.

Surprised that Hamilton won so easily for Ric, who may have had a gearbox issue. Hamilton was in great form and I think that result almost seals the title for him.
Yeah it's easy to say they could have braked but off the line into T1 any braking would be asking for problems from the cars behind and even if they didn't get hit it would leave them right in the pack. Looking at it I think Kimi basically got a start that was too good. Vettel tried squeezing Max but because Kimi was so quick they all ended up in a tangle.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:00 am

ALF wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:Just caught up on the race (only saw the start on Sunday). I'd say it was a mixture of racing incident and Vettel being at fault. Vettel put the squeeze on Verstappen which he's entitled to do but he really had no way or knowing that Raikkonen was also there. IMO neither Raikkonen or Verstappen did anything wrong. Yeah you could say they both could've braked hard but if you did that every time you were in a 2 or 3 way scrap going into T1 you'll never be a winner. If anything, given the conditions Vettel could have used a bit more common sense.

Yeah it's easy to say they could have braked but off the line into T1 any braking would be asking for problems from the cars behind and even if they didn't get hit it would leave them right in the pack. Looking at it I think Kimi basically got a start that was too good. Vettel tried squeezing Max but because Kimi was so quick they all ended up in a tangle.
And poor Alonso getting wiped out too - what a start he made!