The F1 Thread

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: The F1 Thread

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:11 pm

Didn’t realise they’d change the sprint qually format.

Qually for the race on Sunday is today, qually for the sprint is tomorrow morning before the sprint race.

Of course verstappen will win both.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:16 pm

Charles on pole. Really disliked sprints anyway and dislike them even more with the format change.

Agreed with Verstappen's comments on them during the week.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:21 pm

The issue with the sprint is the risk - reward ratio isn’t worth it. Need more points or a bigger difference in points awarded between positions to make it worthwhile and worth drivers taking risks.

I’d certainly rather watch a sprint on a Saturday than qually personally. Q1 is almost a waste of time as all the top teams could run round on three wheels and get through Q1.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:19 pm

Perez comfortably has this in the bag, dull race tho.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun May 07, 2023 7:12 pm

This drivers parade <laugh>

They should shoot someone at the end to make it fully American.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun May 07, 2023 8:38 pm

Well this is another snoozefest

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon May 08, 2023 8:02 am

It was crap. Literally nothing happened <laugh>

It was quite clear after 10-15 laps that Verstappen was going to win.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon May 08, 2023 10:16 am

Dear F1.

America has many race circuits. They have thousand upon thousands of mile of roads.

Stop racing in a f***ing car park.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon May 08, 2023 10:34 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 10:16 am
Dear F1.

America has many race circuits. They have thousand upon thousands of mile of roads.

Stop racing in a f***ing car park.
<applause>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:28 am

F1 drivers really need to stop crying about track limits, they all know the rules.

If they put a gravel trap next to the white line they' all have no problem staying within the lines.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:54 pm

Max pissing every race aside, the last 2 races have been quite decent in the race to finish p2.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:16 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:54 pm
Max pissing every race aside, the last 2 races have been quite decent in the race to finish p2.
This is getting the same way in Moto gp and WSBK the only track racing i like these days is Moto 3 cracking racing anyone can win it and always a bunch at the front with loads of overtaking sometimes four abreast.
crazy racing

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:00 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Max on his own will win the constructor and driver title.

Great battles up and down the grid yesterday after the chaos caused by the safety car.

Was gutted for Gasly and his DNF as he'd been looking quite strong and on for a points finish. Stroll got two penalty points for his actions which is fair.

The upgrades are certainly hotting up the midfield battles each race. Just a shame the Ferrari still don't understand strategy

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:22 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:00 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Great battles up and down the grid yesterday after the chaos caused by the safety car.

Was gutted for Gasly and his DNF as he'd been looking quite strong and on for a points finish. Stroll got two penalty points for his actions which is fair.

The upgrades are certainly hotting up the midfield battles each race. Just a shame the Ferrari still don't understand strategy
Haha yeah Ferrari are still a bit of a laughing stock. Stroll doing what Stroll does...

Hopefully the McLaren pace is here to stay as they've looked pretty rapid the last two races. Albon in the Williams is absolutely killing it in that car too.

Perez is putting himself under pressure, but as you say, with Max winning the constructors on his own it doesn't really matter for now...

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:20 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:22 am
overseasTOON wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:00 am

Haha yeah Ferrari are still a bit of a laughing stock. Stroll doing what Stroll does...

Hopefully the McLaren pace is here to stay as they've looked pretty rapid the last two races. Albon in the Williams is absolutely killing it in that car too.

Perez is putting himself under pressure, but as you say, with Max winning the constructors on his own it doesn't really matter for now...
I wonder if we'll see Daniel Ricciardo at some point this season...

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:03 pm

Ham back on pole, it’s been a while!

McLaren very racey now too!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:53 am

Nightmare qualifying for Red Bull.

Max finds himself in front of the stewards for three impeding incidents and gets away with a warning? The Tsunoda incident should have been a guaranteed grid penalty but then also blocking the pit exit for 14 seconds should have been one as well.

Was a great qualifying session though and the race seems like it could be a cracker!

Sainz looks on it all weekend but Russell and Leclerc can hopefully get challenging when DRS kicks in.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:37 am

Thank god we should see something other than a red bull win.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:53 pm

It was a slow burner but got tasty!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:56 pm

Carlos Sainz was a genius in that race! By far the best race of the season so far.

Gutted for Russell for his race to end that way.