The F1 Thread

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: The F1 Thread

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:49 pm

Albon might be lucky to see out the season at Red Bull, another poor qually.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:42 pm

<laugh> Bloody hell! What a final lap

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:10 pm

Great end to an otherwise uneventful race. Unlucky for Verstappen, well held by Hamilton. 30pt championship lead!

Looking forward to next week with even softer tyres - going to be a lot of 2 and maybe even 3 stoppers. And hopefully similar chaos.
I had the first custom w***

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:27 pm

Grosjean needs to have a word with himself.

He's been pulling that crap for far too long now.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:34 pm

What a finish <laugh>

Congrats to Ham on his 7th Championship.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:18 pm

Mercedes nearly threw it away - they should have pitted Lewis when they saw Max pit. Never mind though, it made an entertaining last lap after a pretty turgid race

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:01 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:18 pm
Mercedes nearly threw it away - they should have pitted Lewis when they saw Max pit. Never mind though, it made an entertaining last lap after a pretty turgid race
Thought there was some entertainment in the middle of the pack, couple of big crashes, albom making his was back from last spot and last couple of laps with tyre carnage so not bad - seen way worse.

Yeah it’s all ifs though, if max had stayed out would his tyres have lasted and seen him win the race? Maybe, but equally he could’ve had a blowout like Ham/Bottas/Sainz.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:45 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:01 pm
Micky Quim wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:18 pm
Thought there was some entertainment in the middle of the pack, couple of big crashes, albom making his was back from last spot and last couple of laps with tyre carnage so not bad - seen way worse.

Yeah it’s all ifs though, if max had stayed out would his tyres have lasted and seen him win the race? Maybe, but equally he could’ve had a blowout like Ham/Bottas/Sainz.
Yeah the middle pack was alright, I just like to see fighting at the front too. Albon did really well, hopefully his new support team bring him closer to Max.

Max had already pitted when Lewis was coming round for last lap - they should have got Lewis in as he was >30 seconds ahead. Free pitstop and stopped a safety concern

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:12 am

I thought the midfield battle was good fun to watch with Grosjean holding his own (albeit with a few illegal moves under braking) and creating a 7 car race for the last few points positions.

The Pink Merc didn't seem very competitive at all on a track that should have suited it but it may have been because Stroll is a sub-par driver and didn't take any risks in overtaking.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:35 am

Hulk back again for Perez this weekend (tested positive for Covid again).

Mercedes B also fined €400k and given a 15 point deduction for cloning the Mercedes A from last season.

Oh, and Kubica taking part in FP1 for Alfa so we know who’ll be bottom of the timing charts.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:50 am

Hulk faster tha Stroll. No shock

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:13 am

I don’t think Stroll is as bad as people make out, you don’t top an F1 practice session timing chart if you’re a bad driver.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:44 am

Glad Bottas is in front, hopefully get a battle with Lewis to make it interesting

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:02 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:44 am
Glad Bottas is in front, hopefully get a battle with Lewis to make it interesting
Yep.

I watched the GP2 race, someone suffered from left tyre failure on the hard tyre despite track temp only being 23 degrees.

Mick Schumacher hit his teammate while overtaking for the lead and ended up dropping him out of the points and he had to settle for p2.

Something like 8 different winners in 10 races this season and on the penultimate lap the top 3 were separated by 0.4 seconds before the coming time together.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:10 pm

This is cracking!

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:01 pm

Enjoyed the race today, good to see some action at the front

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:49 pm

Great to see something other than a Mercedes win

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:02 am

Credit to Red Bull for going against the grain on tyre choice for qually and to start the race on.

Hopefully we get a scorcher in Barcelona next weekend and the Mercs struggle with their tyres to make it interesting at the front again.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:05 pm

Embarrassing for bottas to be so far behind his teammate. Put verstappen in that Merc and he’d be a real title contender to take Hamilton’s crown.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:47 pm

Exhaust problem for sainz so he’s out of the race today before it begins.