The Ameobi Arcade

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Re: The Ameobi Arcade

Post by Ramone » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:48 pm

Chappy wrote:
biggeordiedave wrote:Anyone else playing GTA V Online (Xbox One)?
I've got it, not played it much online though. Smashing PUBG atm.
Xbox or PC?
REQUIEM

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:29 am

Ramone wrote:
Chappy wrote:
Xbox or PC?
Xbox
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:35 pm

Chappy wrote:
biggeordiedave wrote:Anyone else playing GTA V Online (Xbox One)?
I'm f***ing addicted to GTA Online. It's so good. I'll be playing PUBG when I eventually get an external HD.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:31 pm

Just played What Remains of Edith Finch. Ending wasn't all that but at 2/3 way through one of the vignettes is amazing.
It's cool how each one has a different visual style and gameplay.
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:34 am

Tempted to pick up Burnout Paradise Remastered on the PS4, only £18 on Amazon. Really liked playing that when it first came out years ago and can't be arsed with all these new racing games where you have to spend about 6 years f***ing about with car set up, or can only race online etc.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:02 am

Is this for real at the new FIFA? <laugh>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:36 am

Has to be fake, surely <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:44 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:36 am
Has to be fake, surely <laugh>
Perhaps. And don't call me Shirley.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:27 pm

I hope it isn't - that's brilliant <laugh>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

DDuc
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince

Post by DDuc » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:01 pm

Anyone play much Hearts of Iron 4?
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
My Ambition Knows No Bounds
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

DDuc

Post by DDuc » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:26 pm

I'll probably not get a reply, but has anyone played Escape from Tarkov? I've been craving a game that mimics that early Day Z survival/pvp vibe and was wondering if it could perhaps tickle my fancy.
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:34 pm

DavideDuck wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:26 pm
I'll probably not get a reply, but has anyone played Escape from Tarkov? I've been craving a game that mimics that early Day Z survival/pvp vibe and was wondering if it could perhaps tickle my fancy.
Yes i play it.I've also have been on the look out for a game to appease my DayZ craving and this probably comes the closest too it.
It's early doors yet but the goal is to have all the maps connected, as it stands it's instances you go into get loot kill other players and npc's.
I'm a huge Dayz fan and can say that this game does have all the tension of moving around a map that dayz had.
The one problem i have with this game is if you don't start from a wipe (one due very soon) you'll be eaten alive by fully geared players.
There are constant updates and it seems to be moving in the right direction.
I'm sure you've looked into it but if you need to know anything about the game just let me know.

DDuc

Post by DDuc » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:44 pm

Tsi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:34 pm
DavideDuck wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:26 pm
Yes i play it.
It's early doors yet but the goal is to have all the maps connected, as it stands it's instances you go into get loot kill other players and npc's.
I'm a huge Dayz fan and can say that this game does have all the tension of moving around a map that dayz had.
The one problem i have with this game is if you don't start from a wipe (one due very soon) you'll be eaten alive by fully geared players.
Cheers for the response. I think one reason I enjoyed early DayZ so much was the headroom it gave you between player encounters; it struck a decent balance where travelling from A to B across the vast map would remain tense rather than monotonous. What you said sounds promising so I'll certainly keep an eye on this one.
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:54 pm

DavideDuck wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:44 pm
Tsi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:34 pm

Yes i play it.
Cheers for the response. I think one reason I enjoyed early DayZ so much was the headroom it gave you between player encounters; it struck a decent balance where travelling from A to B across the vast map would remain tense rather than monotonous. What you said sounds promising so I'll certainly keep an eye on this one.
yeah this doesn't have that yet but once some of the big maps are released then the maps merged it'll be like that hopefully.
Some of the maps are constant fighting due to their size whilst some of the bigger maps (shoreline, Interchange) you get a sense of that but not on the DayZ scale.Early doors though so hopefully it will deliver.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:43 am

DavideDuck wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:01 pm
I've played it a bit (27hrs on steam) but stopped playing because I hated the dumbed down combat. Much prefer the micro-management of the combat in the earlier versions. Am still totally addicted to HOI 2. Played for about 10 hours yesterday (Germany - Road to War).

You enjoying HOI 4?

DDuc

Post by DDuc » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:03 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:43 am
DavideDuck wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:01 pm
I've played it a bit (27hrs on steam) but stopped playing because I hated the dumbed down combat. Much prefer the micro-management of the combat in the earlier versions. Am still totally addicted to HOI 2. Played for about 10 hours yesterday (Germany - Road to War).

You enjoying HOI 4?
Tanned it for a while but turned away from it recently. I was slugging out a Germany campaign but Calais got nuked without any 'world event' news report to show for it, so I just sighed and closed the window. Admittedly I've only played a tiny bit of HOI3 so I don't have a great idea of how it weighs up against the others; I feel like I'd be hooked for a lot longer if diplomacy was fleshed out a lot more.

Just bought some new DLC for CK2 so hopefully that'll scratch the itch for a bit.
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:39 pm

DavideDuck wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:03 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:43 am

You enjoying HOI 4?
Tanned it for a while but turned away from it recently. I was slugging out a Germany campaign but Calais got nuked without any 'world event' news report to show for it, so I just sighed and closed the window. Admittedly I've only played a tiny bit of HOI3 so I don't have a great idea of how it weighs up against the others; I feel like I'd be hooked for a lot longer if diplomacy was fleshed out a lot more.

Just bought some new DLC for CK2 so hopefully that'll scratch the itch for a bit.

For me HOI 3 is probably the best version in terms of reality and gameplay. But I had been playing HOI 2 for donkeys years and loved it, but didn't like some of the new tweaks too much so kept going back to familiar territory.

Asfor HOI 4, looks great, like the nation specific development tree etc., but hate the gameplay which as I say has been dumbed down enormously. Hoping there will be a HOI 5 which keeps the good parts of 4 and re-instates gameplay like earlier versions. Not holding my breath though.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:26 pm

Anyone pre-ordered FS19?

I heard great things about Farming Simulator 17 but was hoping that the developers would expand gameplay in FS19 with open world crofting and also open it up with multi player harvesting.

Fingers crossed.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:22 pm

Football Manager 19. Playing as Newcastle with first window disabled as a masochistic beta save about 5 years since I last touched one of these.

Accrington away in League Cup 2nd round. 2-0 down to two deflected goals in 15 minutes. Constantly bombard their goal for the rest of the match, 13 shots on target, 3 clear cut chances. Pérez pulls one back at start of second half, Longstaff equalises with 15 to go, but it's offside. Penalty in 95th minute, Ki misses.

I'm trying to escape reality. <neg>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:00 pm

I bought FIFA 18, Battlefield 1 and FarCry 4 for £16 today. Buying new releases is a mugs game, just wait a bit.