The Ameobi Arcade

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Re: The Ameobi Arcade

Post by Tsi » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:42 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:00 pm
I bought FIFA 18, Battlefield 1 and FarCry 4 for £16 today. Buying new releases is a mugs game, just wait a bit.
Tight fooker <laugh>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:45 am

Tsi wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:42 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:00 pm
I bought FIFA 18, Battlefield 1 and FarCry 4 for £16 today. Buying new releases is a mugs game, just wait a bit.
Tight fooker <laugh>
<laugh>

I always say I'm going to wait a year to buy the 'new' FIFA, this is the first year I've actually stuck to my guns. Generally there's hardly any difference year to year so no point paying £50, definitely sticking to this way from now on <laugh>

The other good thing is that if you by something you don't really like then it doesn't matter as it's only cost you about a fiver <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:18 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:45 am
Tsi wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:42 am

Tight fooker <laugh>
<laugh>

I always say I'm going to wait a year to buy the 'new' FIFA, this is the first year I've actually stuck to my guns. Generally there's hardly any difference year to year so no point paying £50, definitely sticking to this way from now on <laugh>

The other good thing is that if you by something you don't really like then it doesn't matter as it's only cost you about a fiver <laugh>
I always buy games when they are a bit older - saves you loads of cash and doesn't effect t the gaming experience

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:36 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:18 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:45 am

<laugh>

I always buy games when they are a bit older - saves you loads of cash and doesn't effect t the gaming experience
Totally, I only get on the PlayStation a couple of hours a week maybe so that's fine with me.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:59 pm

I know everyone is playing rdr2, but return of the obra dinn is great sleuthing game and not too long. Really unique concept and art style
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:00 am

Command & Conquer Red Alert getting remastered and re-released <divax>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:00 pm

Google have announced a game streaming service named Stadia.

Its planned to roll out to the UK sometime this year and the concept sounds interesting. All you'll need is a bespoke Stadia controller and a subscription.

To avoid latency the controller is linked direct to Google servers via your wi-fi.

No mention of pricing yet but it does sound interesting.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:38 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:00 pm
Google have announced a game streaming service named Stadia.

Its planned to roll out to the UK sometime this year and the concept sounds interesting. All you'll need is a bespoke Stadia controller and a subscription.

To avoid latency the controller is linked direct to Google servers via your wi-fi.

No mention of pricing yet but it does sound interesting.
Going to be interesting to see how this plays out with all the big boys in town... Microsoft have Project xCloud in the works, Amazon are expected to be working on something similar too.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:07 am

Sony had their streaming service and it was a damp squib.

They said in interviews they assume worst case 12mbps internet... Good luck in America with that.

A good point made by a game dev. Google say how streaming can unlock bottlenecks of hardware. Whether or not people care about this, the 4k era has caused huge issues in game dev because of the massive increase in art work needed.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:51 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:07 am

They said in interviews they assume worst case 12mbps internet... Good luck in America with that.

A good point made by a game dev. Google say how streaming can unlock bottlenecks of hardware. Whether or not people care about this, the 4k era has caused huge issues in game dev because of the massive increase in art work needed.
My suspicions on the underlined point are more about the allocation of resources. They say they can call on additional GPUs as required to dedicate them to intense particle effects or real-time fluid simulations, but what happens when a datacentre is nearing capacity? Does this additional GPU come at a cost to the dev? I don't imagine you can guarantee access to 3x GPUs per instance of the game at all times, in which case as a VFX Artist I'm then having to create two very different variations of my assets; one in the more traditional approach where I have to be ultra efficient and considerate of everything else in the game on a shared GPU, and another where I've got a GPU all to myself.

From my position, the issues with 4K aren't so much to do with an increase in the amount of work, but more that at run-time resources get spread more thinly.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:38 am

Cal wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:51 pm
Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:07 am

My suspicions on the underlined point are more about the allocation of resources. They say they can call on additional GPUs as required to dedicate them to intense particle effects or real-time fluid simulations, but what happens when a datacentre is nearing capacity? Does this additional GPU come at a cost to the dev? I don't imagine you can guarantee access to 3x GPUs per instance of the game at all times, in which case as a VFX Artist I'm then having to create two very different variations of my assets; one in the more traditional approach where I have to be ultra efficient and considerate of everything else in the game on a shared GPU, and another where I've got a GPU all to myself.

From my position, the issues with 4K aren't so much to do with an increase in the amount of work, but more that at run-time resources get spread more thinly.
Interesting. I also wonder, how do u properly qa? Do Google let you run the game on the data centre? Do you know what hardware you will get.
People are willing to expect an amount of issues in online multilayer after launch. But if I'm playing a linear so gle player game and it doesnt work first time, I'm never going back

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:11 pm

<ohnoes>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:14 pm

Worms Armageddon was the best.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:54 pm

So I was having a dump and thought:

What if you've been searching for something to buy like a ladder on Amazon and instead of buying it, you opted to play a game on the PS4 like GTA and as you drove around a corner, one of the advertising boards had that same ladder displayed with a discount offer....

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:34 pm

Hey folks - my brother is working on a game which is now available for wishlist on Steam:

It’s a grand space strategy game, and if you wishlist it it will help with algorithms etc and help it do better (even if you don’t buy it when it comes out). So I’d really appreciate if anybody could wishlist it! Muchas gracias!
I had the first custom w***

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:41 am

Playing a bit of player career on FIFA 20. First transfer window and Bruce has sent Joelinton off to Botafogo on loan, and spent another £57m on three new strikers (Tammy Abraham, Ola Toivonen and José Morales) and Kevin Kampl. Realism <awe>.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:49 pm

Cal wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:41 am
Playing a bit of player career on FIFA 20. First transfer window and Bruce has sent Joelinton off to Botafogo on loan, and spent another £57m on three new strikers (Tammy Abraham, Ola Toivonen and José Morales) and Kevin Kampl. Realism <awe>.
Now there's a name i havent heard in a long time. Should get Barnetta and young Jimmy Bullard to go with him

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue May 26, 2020 2:20 pm

Beatski wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:49 pm
Cal wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:41 am
Now there's a name i havent heard in a long time. Should get Barnetta and young Jimmy Bullard to go with him
I would rather sign Fode Mansare or Jelle Vossen.
Kindly deeds done for free!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue May 26, 2020 4:39 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:20 pm
Beatski wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:49 pm

I would rather sign Fode Mansare or Jelle Vossen <ski>
Fixed

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue May 26, 2020 6:09 pm

<laugh>
Kindly deeds done for free!