The Video Game Music Appreciation Thread

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Re: The Video Game Music Appreciation Thread

Post by Cal » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:27 pm

Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote:
Cal wrote:I had a lecture from Austin Wintory the other day, it was great. <awe> I really need to get access to a PS3 with Journey on it sometime.
Which uni? What course? TELL ME EVERYTHING!
Teesside Uni, but it wasn't a course specific lecture, it was part of Animex Game which is open to all (who pay £60 for the two days, or £100 for animation as well).

Can't be arsed to tell you everything, so imagine the stuff here, but more interesting, funny and enthusiastic and with plenty of live demonstrations - http://www.edge-online.com/features/jou ... ugh-music/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:59 am

Cal wrote:
Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote:
Which uni? What course? TELL ME EVERYTHING!
Teesside Uni, but it wasn't a course specific lecture, it was part of Animex Game which is open to all (who pay £60 for the two days, or £100 for animation as well).

Can't be arsed to tell you everything, so imagine the stuff here, but more interesting, funny and enthusiastic and with plenty of live demonstrations - http://www.edge-online.com/features/jou ... ugh-music/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers for the link <cheers> , never thought I'd be jealous of Tesside uni!
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:41 pm

Journey fans might like this. Wintory has put up a video with the complete score of Journey, text commentary on said music, and some fan art in the background. Not watched it myself since I've still not got access to a PS3.

Turn on annotations.

[youtube]qGcXI_BaR2Y[/youtube]

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:32 am

Rockstar have made Spotify playlists for the music from all of their in-game radio stations. For some reason spotify's link to the profile directly doesn't work, so go to this ( " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) then click rockstargames to get to their playlists