Skyrim

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Re: Skyrim

Post by skalpel » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:03 am

Actually quite disappointed with the Dark Brotherhood quest line at the minute, considering it started out awesome. I imagine it's going to improve now that I've murdered Cicero (not giving too much away there, I chose to do it myself rather than it being part of a quest. Just prepare yourself for an annoying t**. Think - the guy from The Simpsons who talks weirdly because he's had a stroke and then put him on cocaine and get him drunk). Thieves Guild/Nightingales stuff has been fantastic though - pretty far in but not finished yet.

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:06 am

I keep meaning to play my Skyrim but I never actually get round to it <disgrace>
<monster>

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:11 am

AcidHippo wrote:I keep meaning to play my Skyrim but I never actually get round to it <disgrace>
Didn't you say you have several months free?

You don't anymore <roll>.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:12 am

AcidHippo wrote:I keep meaning to play my Skyrim but I never actually get round to it <disgrace>
This. But I never actually get round to buying it..

TheLittleGeordie
Incestuous Banter Runner Up

Post by TheLittleGeordie » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:24 am

Dark Brotherhood quest was very disappointing as well. Come to think of it I didn't like any of the major quest lines
Like a seahorse in the night, he rides with haste to his beloved's domain.

He is the silent guardian, the practical idealist, the man of peace prepared for war.

He is a Mackem.

DDuc
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince

Post by DDuc » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:14 pm

skalpel wrote:Actually quite disappointed with the Dark Brotherhood quest line at the minute, considering it started out awesome. I imagine it's going to improve now that I've murdered Cicero (not giving too much away there, I chose to do it myself rather than it being part of a quest. Just prepare yourself for an annoying t**. Think - the guy from The Simpsons who talks weirdly because he's had a stroke and then put him on cocaine and get him drunk). Thieves Guild/Nightingales stuff has been fantastic though - pretty far in but not finished yet.
Cicero is a pretty major part of the quest line... <scratch>
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
My Ambition Knows No Bounds
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:23 pm

skalpel wrote:
Didn't you say you have several months free?

You don't anymore <roll>.
Nope. Not me <laugh>
<monster>

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:29 pm

DavideDuck wrote:
skalpel wrote:Actually quite disappointed with the Dark Brotherhood quest line at the minute, considering it started out awesome. I imagine it's going to improve now that I've murdered Cicero (not giving too much away there, I chose to do it myself rather than it being part of a quest. Just prepare yourself for an annoying t**. Think - the guy from The Simpsons who talks weirdly because he's had a stroke and then put him on cocaine and get him drunk). Thieves Guild/Nightingales stuff has been fantastic though - pretty far in but not finished yet.
Cicero is a pretty major part of the quest line... <scratch>
Honestly don't really care. Absolutely awful character. His voice has finally made me empathise with people who dislike nails on a chalkboard. I actually had to take my headphones off and press them together to block out his hideous f***ing voice. He also has an extremely annoying face and general mannerism. I'll keep my white horse and ignore these quests from now on I think <roll>.

DDuc

Post by DDuc » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:35 pm

skalpel wrote:
DavideDuck wrote: Cicero is a pretty major part of the quest line... <scratch>
Honestly don't really care. Absolutely awful character. His voice has finally made me empathise with people who dislike nails on a chalkboard. I actually had to take my headphones off and press them together to block out his hideous f***ing voice. He also has an extremely annoying face and general mannerism. I'll keep my white horse and ignore these quests from now on I think <roll>.
Slight spoiler
SpoilerShow
But you can kill him in the quest line anyway!!! And it has major benefits!
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:37 pm

DavideDuck wrote:
skalpel wrote:
Slight spoiler
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
How far into the quest line though? Seriously I can't bear to hear his odious s****. I thought the only benefit of the Brotherhood was Shadowmere?

DDuc

Post by DDuc » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:53 pm

skalpel wrote:
DavideDuck wrote: Slight spoiler
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
How far into the quest line though? Seriously I can't bear to hear his odious s****. I thought the only benefit of the Brotherhood was Shadowmere?
SpoilerShow
It's near the climax. You get a new sanctuary and become the listener. This means you can use recruits as companions and other random facilities within the sanctuary.
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

TheLittleGeordie

Post by TheLittleGeordie » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:58 pm

I hated him ever since I met him randomly along some road somewhere. Tried to kill him then and thought I'd never have to see him again...Then I joined the brotherhood <neg>

He is the silent guardian, the practical idealist, the man of peace prepared for war.

He is a Mackem.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:59 pm

DavideDuck wrote:
skalpel wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
It's near the climax. You get a new sanctuary and become the listener. This means you can use recruits as companions and other random facilities within the sanctuary.
SpoilerShow
Meh. Maybe I'll do it some time then, really not enough to convince me to put up with his s***.

dls
Fur is Good
Fur is Good

Post by dls » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:00 pm

I f***ing hated Cicero <grr>

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:00 pm

TheLittleGeordie wrote:I hated him ever since I met him randomly along some road somewhere. Tried to kill him then and thought I'd never have to see him again...Then I joined the brotherhood <neg>
<erk> I'm glad I hadn't seen him earlier, it'd have put me off playing I imagine. Why is it I'm struggling to find anything but adoration for him online too? Baffling amount of love for the most irritating prick to ever grace a computer game.

dls
Fur is Good
Fur is Good

Post by dls » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:03 pm

Reading this has made me want to start playing it again, but the reason I stopped was because I got so tired of the incessant loading screens <neg>

TheLittleGeordie

Post by TheLittleGeordie » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:04 pm

skalpel wrote:
TheLittleGeordie wrote:I hated him ever since I met him randomly along some road somewhere. Tried to kill him then and thought I'd never have to see him again...Then I joined the brotherhood <neg>
<erk> I'm glad I hadn't seen him earlier, it'd have put me off playing I imagine. Why is it I'm struggling to find anything but adoration for him online too? Baffling amount of love for the most irritating prick to ever grace a computer game.
<neg> I know
I saw one person claim he was one of the best and most original characters in any recent game

He is a Mackem.

TheLittleGeordie

Post by TheLittleGeordie » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:04 pm

TheLittleGeordie wrote:
skalpel wrote:
<neg> I know
I saw one person claim he was one of the best and most original characters in any recent game
Dr. Lucien Sanchez wrote:Reading this has made me want to start playing it again, but the reason I stopped was because I got so tired of the incessant loading screens <neg>
Have you tried saving the game too your hard drive?

He is a Mackem.

TheLittleGeordie

Post by TheLittleGeordie » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:05 pm

<scratch> meant to edit it but quoted it insted

He is a Mackem.

dls
Fur is Good
Fur is Good

Post by dls » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:11 pm

Pretty sure you can't do that on the PS3, unfortunately. :(