Skyrim

Nick
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Skyrim

Post by Nick » Wed May 30, 2012 1:30 pm

After a two month a long four/five month break, ive started getting into this again. Ive finally got enough willpower to stick to certain questlines and not get sidetracked too!

Dwarven ruins are still a b**** though!

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:25 pm

After installing SKSE is it normal to have to keep launching the game via the SKSE exe in order for it [SKSE] to work? So essentially it isn't so much a patch as it is a replacement launcher that I'll have to use from now on if I want mods that rely on it to work properly yeah?

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:41 pm

skalpel wrote:After installing SKSE is it normal to have to keep launching the game via the SKSE exe in order for it [SKSE] to work? So essentially it isn't so much a patch as it is a replacement launcher that I'll have to use from now on if I want mods that rely on it to work properly yeah?
Yeah, you have to launch via SKSE for add-ons which rely on it to work. Worth the hassle though given the extra facilities it affords modders.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:02 pm

Cal wrote:
skalpel wrote:After installing SKSE is it normal to have to keep launching the game via the SKSE exe in order for it [SKSE] to work? So essentially it isn't so much a patch as it is a replacement launcher that I'll have to use from now on if I want mods that rely on it to work properly yeah?
Yeah, you have to launch via SKSE for add-ons which rely on it to work. Worth the hassle though given the extra facilities it affords modders.
Cool, cheers <ok>. Definitely worth it for SkyUI alone, the UI that comes with the game is awful.

Wot lad?
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Wot lad? » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:50 pm

The power of time and space is the best mod i have come across, it slows time to an almost standstill for as long as you want, great for blasting horses miles into the air
I love you all

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:52 am

I've been avoiding getting the crazy mods until I've finished the game properly. Will have to get that one at some point though, it sounds hilarious.

Wot lad?
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Wot lad? » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:33 pm

http://www.youtube.com/user/postmasterw ... w=0&page=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is all my skyrim videos in case anyone wants to see, theres a few gems.
I love you all

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:03 pm

Imported one of my pieces of work from earlier this year. <diva>

Needs some work to properly fit into the aesthetic style of Skyrim, but was more interested in the process first.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:50 pm

The axe? Or full armour? Looks cool.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:00 pm

The axe, based on this concept (from Warhammer: Age of Reckoning). Would probably better suit use as a two-handed battleaxe, but can't be arsed to lengthen the haft, update the texture and import again.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:42 pm

It looks damn cool. I've modded for games in the past but not tried the creation kit for this game yet, is it reasonably easy to use?

Also just got that build your own home mod, which is pretty fun actually, if you haven't gotten it I'd recommend it.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:50 pm

Didn't actually use the creation kit for that, it was done by editing .NIFs and sticking the required assets in skyrim/data, which takes precedence over the default game files. So just swapped out the iron war axe model/texture for that. Will use the creation kit to make it a standalone weapon though, and it does look like a decent tool.

I'll give the BYO home thing a go, seems like a good idea. Been avoiding the home mods so far since I didn't want to run the risk of making things too convenient, like having all the crafting stuff in a single known place.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:59 pm

Cal wrote:Didn't actually use the creation kit for that, it was done by editing .NIFs and sticking the required assets in skyrim/data, which takes precedence over the default game files. So just swapped out the iron war axe model/texture for that. Will use the creation kit to make it a standalone weapon though, and it does look like a decent tool.

I'll give the BYO home thing a go, seems like a good idea. Been avoiding the home mods so far since I didn't want to run the risk of making things too convenient, like having all the crafting stuff in a single known place.
Yeah true. The neat thing about that mod though is that you have to fetch the stuff to add features to the home. Collect loads of ingots, firewood, pelts etc. in order to add each little bit. I've not used it too much either but it doesn't seem as ridiculous as some of the home mods which pretty much stuff everything you could possibly need into one room and would end up making the game dull.

Side note though, I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying this. Got it for the scenery and have ended up being completely hooked. Finished the main dragon story right away and just did the Thieves Guild quests the other day which were the two best plotlines so far I'd say.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:09 am

skalpel wrote:
Cal wrote:Didn't actually use the creation kit for that, it was done by editing .NIFs and sticking the required assets in skyrim/data, which takes precedence over the default game files. So just swapped out the iron war axe model/texture for that. Will use the creation kit to make it a standalone weapon though, and it does look like a decent tool.

Yeah true. The neat thing about that mod though is that you have to fetch the stuff to add features to the home. Collect loads of ingots, firewood, pelts etc. in order to add each little bit. I've not used it too much either but it doesn't seem as ridiculous as some of the home mods which pretty much stuff everything you could possibly need into one room and would end up making the game dull.

Side note though, I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying this. Got it for the scenery and have ended up being completely hooked. Finished the main dragon story right away and just did the Thieves Guild quests the other day which were the two best plotlines so far I'd say.
I'm struggling to get much done in the game, I almost ruin it for myself with my obsession over getting all the loot and coins I can from any venture out, and having to sack any castle/fort/cave I pass, followed by a return to town to sell stuff. Makes it hard to get any momentum going with quest lines. I should probably get a horse, but I'm too tight...

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:17 am

Cal wrote:
skalpel wrote:

I'm struggling to get much done in the game, I almost ruin it for myself with my obsession over getting all the loot and coins I can from any venture out, and having to sack any castle/fort/cave I pass, followed by a return to town to sell stuff. Makes it hard to get any momentum going with quest lines. I should probably get a horse, but I'm too tight...
<laugh>! Yeah I started doing that at first and blew all my money on a home, horse, dog and loads of equipment in one rash decision.

The thieves guild quests are surprisingly brilliant though, I was half expecting it just to be a 'go here, steal this' type thing, but it had probably the best storyline I've seen yet. Plus the voice acting of the main girl who you work with further down the line is the best the game has offered. If for nothing else, it's worth it to get the Nightingale Armor, which looks cool:
SpoilerShow
Best screenshot I have in the folder, sorry its a bit s***.

TheLittleGeordie
Incestuous Banter Runner Up
Incestuous Banter Runner Up

Post by TheLittleGeordie » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:22 am

I still haven't finished the main quest even though I've taken 3 or 4 characters as far as wanted to now. One the one I'm doing at the moment I've just finished all the Imperial Legion quests and now I'm doing as many of the Daedric quests as I can. Considering getting the new DLC as I like the kind mythological lore parts of the game
Like a seahorse in the night, he rides with haste to his beloved's domain.

He is the silent guardian, the practical idealist, the man of peace prepared for war.

He is a Mackem.

DDuc
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince

Post by DDuc » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:50 am

skalpel wrote:
Cal wrote:
<laugh>! Yeah I started doing that at first and blew all my money on a home, horse, dog and loads of equipment in one rash decision.

The thieves guild quests are surprisingly brilliant though, I was half expecting it just to be a 'go here, steal this' type thing, but it had probably the best storyline I've seen yet. Plus the voice acting of the main girl who you work with further down the line is the best the game has offered. If for nothing else, it's worth it to get the Nightingale Armor, which looks cool:
SpoilerShow
Best screenshot I have in the folder, sorry its a bit s***.
SpoilerShow
Look at his job to find the mob.
To make sure you find them, you have to supply them.
Last edited by DDuc on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
My Ambition Knows No Bounds
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:45 am

DavideDuck wrote:
SpoilerShow
<ohnoes> Just got this now.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:18 am

Christ that Cicero is the most annoying character I've ever seen in a computer game. I actually just murdered the cronut after that coffin quest because his voice was boiling my veins, felt great <roll>. Had to flee the Brotherhood's cave but when I went back in they let me off with a 500 gold fine 8). Good riddance you t**.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:40 am

skalpel wrote:Christ that Cicero is the most annoying character I've ever seen in a computer game. I actually just murdered the cronut after that coffin quest because his voice was boiling my veins, felt great <roll>. Had to flee the Brotherhood's cave but when I went back in they let me off with a 500 gold fine 8). Good riddance you t**.
Serial killer. :bandit:

Sounds like I need to get the game done on my 'good' character, and then get to work on my 'bad' character if the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood are the better quest lines.