E3 2014

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Re: E3 2014

Post by Cal » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:22 pm

Very nice The Division story trailer, almost wasted on a game where I doubt much of that will seep into gameplay, especially considering it's a multiplayer thing.

I think Unity looks interesting enough for me to give AC a shot again. And that crowd tech. <awe>

Shape-up actually looks like a decent fitnessy/music thing. Kind of like DDR mixed with jogging on the spot, and a bunch of other arcadey takes on fitness stuff.

Rainbow Six: Siege going back to tactical stuff is good, but that multiplayer video seems far too idealised. I highly doubt you'll ever get organised enough teams for a match to play like that, unless the no respawn effect is powerful enough to stop lone wolves and people actuallycommunicate. Didn't get much of that in Vegas. That destruction though <awe>. RIP Patriots.

I miss Jack Tretton. <cry>

Destiny alpha and beta soon and first or only on PS. White PS4. Infamous prequel standalone/dlc with female protag. New twin stick indie game out now; Entwined. It's pretty. Sony like showing real gameplay of games out this year. LBP3, full back compat with maps from 1 and 2, 4 characters who work together.

Project Beast = Bloodborne. PS exclusive. 2015.

Far Cry 4 co-op and gameplay. Elephants. <awe> And the second player doesn't need the game to play with you if you invite them (only on PS).

Dead Island 2, another fancy trailer that won't be representative of the gameplay, but amusing. 30 day beta though. Each Paradox Int studio is creating an exclusive PS game. Including Magicka 2, which has a great trailer. The letter. <laugh> Grim Fandango remastered for PS4 and Vita.

Sony can do indie montages too, Devolver are helping port a bunch of good games. Suda51's next game "Let It Die" is PS4 exclusive, looks like a horror multiplayer roguelike? Journey guys at a new studio, Giant Squid, making ABZU. It's underwater, pretty and has music.

No Man's Sky has come a long way.

PS Share is getting Youtube compatibility. They're embracing the weirdness of Play Room and adding stuff to it. This new guy has been given bad material to work with on his first conference, kind of killed the momentum.

25 F2P games coming to PS4 this year.

PlayStation Now is starting with PS3 games, coming to US & Canada in open beta at 31 July. Coming to PS3, Vita and Sony TVs soonafter. More than 100 PS3 games from the start. "Working to bring PS Now to EU soon." Rental durations and prices TBD.

PlayStation TV is coming to North America and Europe this autumn. $99/€99, $139/€139 bundled with game, controller and 8GB Vita card.

Mortal Kombat X gameplay. The winter forest is nowhere near as pretty. <cry> Environment attacks are in. X-rays are back and seem to be the same system, but more gruesome. Some weird looking new characters. Fatalities are silly.

I don't care about a comic book TV show. Sony, don't let your other divisions ruin this. PS Plus subscribers get upcoming original Sony programming for 'free', so that comic book TV show "Powers" thing and a Ratchet and Clank film? The latter is being reimagined for PS4 to coincide with that film in first half of 2015.

What a great idea, a trailer for Last of Us Remastered that is just spoilers. At least they warned in advance, but f***ing hell, the main target audience should be people who haven't played it yet. Recreate the original trailers/gameplay videos or something. 29 July.

The MGSV trailer that leaked. Those knives are f***ing shiny.

GTA V on PS4 in autumn, with ability to transfer progress from 360 or PS3 versions.

Arkham Knight looks great despite delay, provided it doesn't run into optimisation issues it's going to be a beautiful game. Some nice gameplay stuff too, of course. Very slick. Scarecrow.

The Last G... Oh no it's Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. <benny> Claims to be captured footage from a PS4, looks very pretty, but 2015.

A good first hour, went a bit off-track for half an hour, then finished strong again.

Nick
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Nick » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:19 pm

Nothing really too exciting there, from either company really.

Still interested to see how all of this PS Now stuff works. Im already paying a subscription, im sure as hell not paying normal playstation store rental prices for old games. The cost of tv shows and movies is ridiculous as is.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:10 pm

It's a transition year for sure, loads of the bigger games have been delayed so it's a bit odd.

What really struck me were some of the absences, Last Guardian, Gears of War, Fallout and Driveclub. The last one is particularly odd, meant to be a ps4 launch game but keeps getting pushed back and they didn't even show it? I think behind the scenes they know it ain't great
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:18 pm

<divax>

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:05 pm

Nintendo has become self-aware. I'm scared.

Mario Maker. <awe>

Tomski
Le Championski
Le Championski

Post by Tomski » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:12 pm

I was concerned that the next Uncharted game would be a reboot of the franchise without Drake. I'm glad it's not <divax>