Inspirational Thread

The Situation
No Thanks, I'm Full
No Thanks, I'm Full

Inspirational Thread

Post by The Situation » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:26 pm

This thread is a place for people to post inspirational and insightful material, hopefully there will be an abundance of uplifting and insightful material which will restore faith in humanity ha

Not to sure if it belongs in this section so Mods feel free to move it if it fits better somewhere else.

Easily the best thing I've witnessed on youtube, seen it on not606, so credit goes to orginal poster!

[youtube]WibmcsEGLKo[/youtube]

You may not like the guy but what he says makes sense!

[youtube]LuJ4hbkLiY0[/youtube]

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Re: Inspirational Thread

Post by skalpel » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:20 pm

[youtube]Y4MnpzG5Sqc[/youtube]

<run>

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:26 pm

skalpel wrote:[youtube]Y4MnpzG5Sqc[/youtube]

<run>
<disgrace> <laugh>

The Situation
No Thanks, I'm Full
No Thanks, I'm Full

Post by The Situation » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:26 pm

<run>
Haha I actually made this thread before I'd seen all this kony stuff, but when I did see it I was hoping people wouldn't class that as inspirational and post it in here, obviously however you have done so tongue in cheek <afro>

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:27 pm

<run>
<wenger> <laugh>

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:27 pm

My apologies <gent>

cabluigi
Botman's Cowl

Post by cabluigi » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:57 pm

[youtube]xhtAfIw4qJY[/youtube]
I love the Gouff.

@cabluigi

Wedge Head Tiote
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Wedge Head Tiote » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:31 pm

[youtube]OPR3GlpQQJA[/youtube]
I mean it's not like the guy makes loads of money off this 'wayseers' s*** or anything like that :bandit:

Amnesiac
-

Post by Amnesiac » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:26 pm

[youtube]O3z4NMWdTcg[/youtube]

[youtube]0KAkAgNb-R8[/youtube]

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:49 am

cabluigi wrote:[youtube]xhtAfIw4qJY[/youtube]
<applause> <applause> <applause> <applause> <applause> That is quality. <applause>

Amnesiac
-

Post by Amnesiac » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:46 pm

cabluigi wrote:[youtube]xhtAfIw4qJY[/youtube]
This just made me have more respect for that guy.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:59 pm

Watched about half of it and he just seemed like your average self congratulatory, obvious-stating centre of attention who hasn't done anything of enough selfless note to be coming out with the sort of self-righteous stuff he did in that video. His music sounded like s*** too.

That said, I've no idea who he is so maybe with context it makes more sense.

Amnesiac
-

Post by Amnesiac » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:01 pm

skalpel wrote:Watched about half of it and he just seemed like your average self congratulatory, obvious-stating centre of attention who hasn't done anything of enough selfless note to be coming out with the sort of self-righteous stuff he did in that video. His music sounded like s*** too.

Basically, f***ed up his youth, got lucky in the music industry, became an actor/director and is now using films/music as a way of helping underprivileged youth that suffer from the same or similar upbringing that he had. Rather than pointing the finger at others, he's chosen to do something about the problems that have held him and others back by helping youth embrace their talents.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:15 pm

Amnesiac wrote:
skalpel wrote:Watched about half of it and he just seemed like your average self congratulatory, obvious-stating centre of attention who hasn't done anything of enough selfless note to be coming out with the sort of self-righteous stuff he did in that video. His music sounded like s*** too.

Basically, f***ed up his youth, got lucky in the music industry, became an actor/director and is now using films/music as a way of helping underprivileged youth that suffer from the same or similar upbringing that he had. Rather than pointing the finger at others, he's chosen to do something about the problems that have held him and others back by helping youth embrace their talents.
<scratch> Why does he deserve to be called an inspiration for that? That's sort of like an ultra working class guy from a troubled background saying: Hey man, I take care of my kids!. Well no kidding? You're supposed to do that. I think it's quite saddening that society applauds people for simply not being an arsehole and doing what any sane human would and should do.

Amnesiac
-

Post by Amnesiac » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:19 pm

skalpel wrote: <scratch> Why does he deserve to be called an inspiration for that? That's sort of like an ultra working class guy from a troubled background saying: Hey man, I take care of my kids!. Well no kidding? You're supposed to do that. I think it's quite saddening that society applauds people for simply not being an arsehole and doing what any sane human would and should do.
Considering the modern world is generally full of selfish arseholes, he's a hell of a lot more inspirational than a lot of people.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Amnesiac wrote:
skalpel wrote: <scratch> Why does he deserve to be called an inspiration for that? That's sort of like an ultra working class guy from a troubled background saying: Hey man, I take care of my kids!. Well no kidding? You're supposed to do that. I think it's quite saddening that society applauds people for simply not being an arsehole and doing what any sane human would and should do.
Considering the modern world is generally full of selfish arseholes, he's a hell of a lot more inspirational than a lot of people.
And that is what is saddening. Being more of an inspiration than a selfish arsehole because you aren't a selfish arsehole is too damn easy. Despite being born on a council estate and eventually flunking college and dropping out of the university I scraped my way into, I ended up setting up my own business and generating some money; then last year I used to buy a premade sandwich for the homeless guy down my street every time I walked past with the money I made. I'm now officially an inspiration.

Amnesiac
-

Post by Amnesiac » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:28 pm

skalpel wrote:
Amnesiac wrote:
And that is what is saddening. Being more of an inspiration than a selfish arsehole because you aren't a selfish arsehole is too damn easy. Despite being born on a council estate and eventually flunking college and dropping out of the university I scraped my way into, I ended up setting up my own business and generating some money; then last year I used to buy a premade sandwich for the homeless guy down my street every time I walked past with the money I made. I'm now officially an inspiration.
Woah there, didn't realise we had Bob Geldof on this forum <whistle> Incidently, another person in the same mould but doing the same thing with 3rd world people. Don't get me started on the 3rd world situation though.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:34 pm

Amnesiac wrote:
skalpel wrote:
Woah there, didn't realise we had Bob Geldof on this forum <whistle> Incidently, another person in the same mould but doing the same thing with 3rd world people. Don't get me started on the 3rd world situation though.
<laugh> And don't get me started on Bob f***ing Geldof.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:16 pm

Amnesiac wrote:[youtube]O3z4NMWdTcg[/youtube]

[youtube]0KAkAgNb-R8[/youtube]

that turned out to be a fake

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)