Is reincarnation real?

Albert's Chip Shop
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Is reincarnation real?

Post by Albert's Chip Shop » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:11 pm

I've often thought I knew too much about WW2 German military kit and avidly collect it is an odd hobby. Got me thinking that's all...
Originally Posted by Somebodys pinched my sombrero......
Later in the interview, Santon confirmed that, indeed, he has never seen a mackem in Milan

nufc4life wrote:
They do have there own BRAND as I put it ha ah ha , let's put it this way I didn't lick her gash just emptied my sack and made my excuses ha ha

Yacob
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Re: Is reincarnation real?

Post by Yacob » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:13 pm

I guess that's something we will never know, but I'm sure something happens, just not sure what

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:25 am

Albert's Chip Shop wrote:I've often thought I knew too much about WW2 German military kit and avidly collect it is an odd hobby. Got me thinking that's all...
<backout>

I'm a Jew, please don't hurt me.
I had the first custom w***

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:25 am

I'd liked to have been a Crusader in a previous life.

I reckon I'd have been a real chick magnet in chain mail.

Henry Hoover
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Henry Hoover » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:48 am

I'm convinced I used to be an Otter.

Lidl
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Lidl » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:44 pm

Henry Groover wrote:I'm convinced I used to be an Otter.
That otter be a bit disappointing <whistle>
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

Henry Hoover
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Henry Hoover » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:26 pm

You'veBeenTiote'd wrote:
Henry Groover wrote:I'm convinced I used to be an Otter.
That otter be a bit disappointing <whistle>

Wot lad?
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Wot lad? » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:57 pm

I am open to any possibility.

Truth is often stranger than fiction.

[youtube]cdmMEKPFDTY[/youtube]
I love you all

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:15 pm

Technically, yes. If we get buried we eventually decompose and turn into a fertiliser for the earth. Becoming a part of planet earth.

Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Seagull » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:45 pm

I hope it is.
"He's on the computer in his underwear wasting time in some chitchat room, going back & forth with some other fuckin' jerkoff"

Tony Soprano

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:47 pm

Rodchenko wrote:Technically, yes. If we get buried we eventually decompose and turn into a fertiliser for the earth. Becoming a part of planet earth.
You're correct however Reincarnation isn't the belief that your physical atoms become something new, it's the belief that a spiritual soul departs your body when it dies and returns to live within another lifeform, usually an Earth dwelling life form.

When a 'soul' is added to the body (conception? birth? some other time?) is a topic that has been disputed by many religions for a long time. Add massive population increase into this and you have even more questions to answer such as 'Who gets an old soul and who gets a new one?', 'Where do these new ones come from?', or even good old 'Do animals have souls?' etc.

Too many unanswerable questions on this matter for anybody to say 'yes it is real'.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:36 am

I'd like to think so however I'm not sure weather I believe it as in all honesty I'm not sure what to believe. I suppose we'll all find out someday.

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:48 am

I don't think it's a case of answering yes it's real or no it isn't, just whether you believe in it or not, like everything else. I would honestly say I don't believe in souls or reincarnation or anything of the sort, but that's just my opinion. I don't think a soul is a literal thing, more of something used to describe who you are, your morals and such..

But no, I find the idea hard to comprehend, however nice it would be to think that I could come back as a cat or something equally as f***ing awesome.
<monster>

EastMidlandMagpie
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by EastMidlandMagpie » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:46 pm

There is no proof for reincarnation so as a humanist i have no reason to believe in it. So i'd go for no, on the basis there is no proof.
"I wouldn't say i'm the best forum poster in the world, but i'm definitely in the top one"

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:46 am

Posted this on the God thread but it's better here:

I personally believe in a form of reincarnation. How I see it is that there has always been the amount of elements in the universe as there are now, so that means nothing leaves or enters the universe. Thus if I die eventually my matter will eventually make up another living thing. I think there's the plausibility of a 'soul' particle in every living thing which carries around certain memories and whatnot which transfers when it eventually becomes part of another living thing. I find it hard to explain as I haven't thought a massive amount about it but it's my way of keeping an optimistic look on the bleak uncertainty of death whilst being realistic somewhat

<gent>

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:08 pm

Sir Bobby wrote:Posted this on the God thread but it's better here:

I personally believe in a form of reincarnation. How I see it is that there has always been the amount of elements in the universe as there are now, so that means nothing leaves or enters the universe. Thus if I die eventually my matter will eventually make up another living thing. I think there's the plausibility of a 'soul' particle in every living thing which carries around certain memories and whatnot which transfers when it eventually becomes part of another living thing. I find it hard to explain as I haven't thought a massive amount about it but it's my way of keeping an optimistic look on the bleak uncertainty of death whilst being realistic somewhat

<gent>
How do you suppose that memory stored in these particles if they don't have a brain that has developed the ability to encode or store memory? If reincarnation is believable in your sense, presumably you have an extremely small chance of becoming a living Earth creature when there is an entire universe out there of probable lifeforms of one kind or another, right?

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:15 pm

<gent>
<wenger>

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:30 pm

Mifune wrote:

<gent>
<wenger>
Am I wrong <laugh>

And, Skalpal, the memory thing is more hope than actual belief <ok>

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:31 pm

Sir Bobby wrote:
Mifune wrote:
<wenger>
Am I wrong <laugh>

Ah right.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:40 pm

Sir Bobby wrote:
Mifune wrote:
<wenger>
Am I wrong <laugh>

Well when the universe began there was only hydrogen, helium and lithium. Other heavier elements such as carbon and oxygen are made by nuclear fusion in stars, and then the even heavier elements such as gold are made in supernovas caused by stars dying.

Techinically we are all made out of stardust. <awe>