Saving the NHS

Asprillasfurcoat
Shelvey's Precious

Saving the NHS

Post by Asprillasfurcoat » Wed May 16, 2012 9:40 pm

I've had a titful of government after government coming up with s**** idea after s**** idea about how to save the NHS. There's a solution that would help the NHS greatly, but no-one in governments ever going to have the cajones to implement it..

The NHS is funded by National Insurance Contributions (there are other revenue steams, obviouislly, but NI in the main finance provider). It's quite simple - no NI number, no treatment.

Money should be spent in a system linking DWP (Department of Work and Pensions) systems into NHS systems, so that when someone turns up at hospital, they can check immediatly if the are paying NI. If not, they don't get treated. Simple as.

This would have knock on benefits too:

Anyone in the country illegally and working unknown to 'the system' would not get treatment - this would free up beds and resource, and encourage those who aren't registered to do so.

Gypsies - these **** really get on my t*** - the vast majority, if not all, live quite happily without paying NI or tax, and nothings ever done about it. It boils my piss that these **** not only son't have to pay what we do beacuse they don't feel like and no-one forces them to, and now to top that over the past couple of years loads of them have become 'celebrities' - they're probably earning a fortune from TV companies on top of their theiving ill-gotten gains, but they have NHS access like the rest of us. Again, no NI contributions, no treatment. Somethings got to be done to make the **** pay something.

You can argue that you can't just turn people away to die (why not, they do it in America). I say, yes you can. If a government adopted this policy, they could pre-empt it with a massive advertising campaign, for say 2 or 3 years before the changes came into effect. Plently of time for people to sort themselves out. Two or three years of non-stop advertising, then if you still haven't got an NI number and are making contributions, then tough s***. It'd be their own fault.

It'd stop this 'health tourism' as well, when people come over from other countries for ops then f*** off.

Popele taken ill on holiday in the UK would have to provide passport details and their embassies billed for all treatment.

Like all ideas, it'll have it's failings for some people who will be f***ed - I'm thinking of the poor bastards who get trafficked here and have no hope, but being callous, the NHS can't hope to cater for every single scenario if it wants to save itseld for the benefit of the majority.

You might think there's racist overtones in this, but that's not where I'm coming from - whatever the ethnicity, whatever the culture, whatever the colour, English, Scots, Irish, Welsh, Pakistani, American, blah blah blah - no NI number, no treatment.

It'd save millions and free up countless beds and other resources, surely? Or do you have any better ideas ?
What a player! What a signing! What a day for Newcastle United! .. actual BBC commentary from Moussa Sissoko's first game for Newcastle United

Yacob
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Re: Saving the NHS

Post by Yacob » Wed May 16, 2012 9:52 pm

I can't say I disagree with anything you have put <ok>

Kyle?
Banned
Banned

Post by Kyle? » Wed May 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Asprillasfurcoat wrote:I've had a titful of government after government coming up with s**** idea after s**** idea about how to save the NHS. There's a solution that would help the NHS greatly, but no-one in governments ever going to have the cajones to implement it..

The NHS is funded by National Insurance Contributions (there are other revenue steams, obviouislly, but NI in the main finance provider). It's quite simple - no NI number, no treatment.

Money should be spent in a system linking DWP (Department of Work and Pensions) systems into NHS systems, so that when someone turns up at hospital, they can check immediatly if the are paying NI. If not, they don't get treated. Simple as.

This would have knock on benefits too:

Anyone in the country illegally and working unknown to 'the system' would not get treatment - this would free up beds and resource, and encourage those who aren't registered to do so.

Gypsies - these **** really get on my t*** - the vast majority, if not all, live quite happily without paying NI or tax, and nothings ever done about it. It boils my piss that these **** not only son't have to pay what we do beacuse they don't feel like and no-one forces them to, and now to top that over the past couple of years loads of them have become 'celebrities' - they're probably earning a fortune from TV companies on top of their theiving ill-gotten gains, but they have NHS access like the rest of us. Again, no NI contributions, no treatment. Somethings got to be done to make the **** pay something.

You can argue that you can't just turn people away to die (why not, they do it in America). I say, yes you can. If a government adopted this policy, they could pre-empt it with a massive advertising campaign, for say 2 or 3 years before the changes came into effect. Plently of time for people to sort themselves out. Two or three years of non-stop advertising, then if you still haven't got an NI number and are making contributions, then tough s***. It'd be their own fault.

It'd stop this 'health tourism' as well, when people come over from other countries for ops then f*** off.

Popele taken ill on holiday in the UK would have to provide passport details and their embassies billed for all treatment.

Like all ideas, it'll have it's failings for some people who will be f***ed - I'm thinking of the poor bastards who get trafficked here and have no hope, but being callous, the NHS can't hope to cater for every single scenario if it wants to save itseld for the benefit of the majority.

You might think there's racist overtones in this, but that's not where I'm coming from - whatever the ethnicity, whatever the culture, whatever the colour, English, Scots, Irish, Welsh, Pakistani, American, blah blah blah - no NI number, no treatment.

It'd save millions and free up countless beds and other resources, surely? Or do you have any better ideas ?
I agree with the reforms being made. I likr the idea of privatisation, why should poor **** have preferrential treatment?
Gazidis Out!

Forget Giroud, sign Lewandowski

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Wed May 16, 2012 10:01 pm

I kind of agree with this, but people with no National Insurance must be a drop in the ocean compared to what the NHS have to cope with so it would do nothing to cut waiting times, unless I'm missing something. The main benefit would be in forcing people who are working or living illegally in the country to stop.

I think the best solution would be to charge people for wasting the hospitals' time. The s*** people go into hospital for is unbelievable. I gashed my leg open when I was kid and had to go for stitches, I was sat there, faint with blood loss waiting, and this chavvy b**** with a split lip was screaming at the receptionists at being made to wait three quarters of an hour, for what? She wasn't even bleeding, no doubt she wanted some sort of doctor's note so she could blackmail her apologetic husband, who'd clearly lost his temper with the complete troll and lamped her one.

Hypochondriacs are a nightmare as well, rushing through to A&E because they've stood up to fast and thought they were having an aneurysm. Fining them would have the dual benefit of increasing hospital revenue and deterring people with minor injuries from going through to A&E.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Wed May 16, 2012 10:16 pm

I couldn't disagree more strongly, I'm afraid. Restricting the availability of the NHS is the start of a slippery slope towards privatisation, which would be awful. I can't believe what Kyle wrote! Privatised healthcare is worse, less fair, less efficient and cruel. The NHS is the most unique thing about modern Britain, and probably the best thing about it. Don't take it for granted.
I had the first custom w***

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Wed May 16, 2012 10:20 pm

AbsolutelyGlorious wrote:I kind of agree with this, but people with no National Insurance must be a drop in the ocean compared to what the NHS have to cope with so it would do nothing to cut waiting times, unless I'm missing something. The main benefit would be in forcing people who are working or living illegally in the country to stop.

I think the best solution would be to charge people for wasting the hospitals' time. The s*** people go into hospital for is unbelievable. I gashed my leg open when I was kid and had to go for stitches, I was sat there, faint with blood loss waiting, and this chavvy b**** with a split lip was screaming at the receptionists at being made to wait three quarters of an hour, for what? She wasn't even bleeding, no doubt she wanted some sort of doctor's note so she could blackmail her apologetic husband, who'd clearly lost his temper with the complete troll and lamped her one.

Hypochondriacs are a nightmare as well, rushing through to A&E because they've stood up to fast and thought they were having an aneurysm. Fining them would have the dual benefit of increasing hospital revenue and deterring people with minor injuries from going through to A&E.
But that could discourage people from calling an ambulance during an emergency because they aren't sure how frivolous or not their request is. I've called an ambulance once before and it was for a guy who passed out after cutting his hand open. I couldn't get him to wake up, blood was gushing out of his hand and I didn't have my own car so called right away. The paramedics apparently ignored the blood all over the walls and floor, looked at me like I was an idiot for calling while they simply bandaged him up and went on their way. The next day he went to the doctor and was told he needed stitches <facepalm>.
Presumably if there was a fining system, I'd have been told i was getting one and had to appeal it and go through all sorts of s*** for something that wasn't my fault.

Yeah, there'll always be some a**hole who runs into A&E with a paper cut but I think the whole point of A&E is that its there when you need it, which is hopefully on rare occasions, and you shouldn't ever be in a situation where you think something is an emergency but you're not sure and end up stuck between "will I get fined?" and "is this guy going to die?"

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Wed May 16, 2012 10:21 pm

^ This. Also, Skalps, what's the system like in the Czech Rep?

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Wed May 16, 2012 10:27 pm

The Budgie Smuggler wrote:^ This. Also, Skalps, what's the system like in the Czech Rep?
I haven't used the healthcare system much here so I can't talk from too much experience. There's a mix of public and private healthcare though, with most people tending to prefer private. It's against the law not to have some form of health insurance (British Citizenship and NHS is acceptable). There's also random fees on hospital care even if you have insurance, I think it's about 100czk (£3/£4) per day to stay in a hospital regardless of the other costs that your insurance covers.

Asprillasfurcoat
Shelvey's Precious

Post by Asprillasfurcoat » Wed May 16, 2012 11:32 pm

The Budgie Smuggler wrote:I couldn't disagree more strongly, I'm afraid. Restricting the availability of the NHS is the start of a slippery slope towards privatisation, which would be awful. I can't believe what Kyle wrote! Privatised healthcare is worse, less fair, less efficient and cruel. The NHS is the most unique thing about modern Britain, and probably the best thing about it. Don't take it for granted.
I don't take it for granted, beleive me. My missus has worked in the NHS for over 20 years and I know the problems they've got. I've no desire to see a privatised NHS, but I AM for restricting availability for those who do not contribute towards it's running. I always thought that one of the main reasons for NI contributions was to fund the NHS and the like. It irks me that someone who's dodged all responsibility to contribute should be able to receive treatment and take up a bed and time and resource, while someone who may have contributed all their lives lies on a trolley for 72 hours or dies in their home waiting for an ambulance to arrive.
What a player! What a signing! What a day for Newcastle United! .. actual BBC commentary from Moussa Sissoko's first game for Newcastle United

Dr. Bishop
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Dr. Bishop » Thu May 17, 2012 12:09 am

The ironic thing is, some of the current struggles in the NHS has been caused by its successes. As healthcare improves, life expectancy also improves causing the population to increase. This is clearly the trend in most, if not all, developed countries. I would say your point about clearing beds is mainly invalid. Whilst immigration (legally and illegally) has clearly increased, the actual numbers and burden is still minute in comparison to the increased burden from our own population increase.

Also I agree with TBS (Speedo) in that your suggestions take some of the fundamental believes of the NHS away, turning it towards privatisation.
“I just got an erection. Oh, fear not. It’s nothing to do with your state of undress. I just simply need to urinate.”
Dr. Walter Bishop

L-T-F
Shelvey's Precious

Post by L-T-F » Thu May 17, 2012 2:00 pm

There are a few prescription only drugs that entitle the recipient to free prescriptions, I know if you visit your GP with something as trivial as a cold, or even an itchy scalp, you can ask for medication on prescription and not have to pay if you take any of the drugs that make you exempt from prescription charges.
"It's All About The Football"

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu May 17, 2012 2:54 pm

Bring in euthanasia to rid the UK of a top heavy aged society that is living longer so that more funds are freed up to assist with binge drinking and obesity.

Make 70 the maximum age allowed unless the person is willing to pay £1 million per annum to extend their life or prepared to move abroad and become a burden on some others countries health system.

L-T-F
Shelvey's Precious

Post by L-T-F » Thu May 17, 2012 3:24 pm

overseasTOON MD wrote:Bring in euthanasia to rid the UK of a top heavy aged society that is living longer so that more funds are freed up to assist with binge drinking and obesity.

Make 70 the maximum age allowed unless the person is willing to pay £1 million per annum to extend their life or prepared to move abroad and become a burden on some others countries health system.
For some reason my mother thinks I don't like old folk, she needs to meet you to appreciate how nice I am. <whistle>
"It's All About The Football"

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu May 17, 2012 3:42 pm

L-T-F wrote:
overseasTOON MD wrote:Bring in euthanasia to rid the UK of a top heavy aged society that is living longer so that more funds are freed up to assist with binge drinking and obesity.

For some reason my mother thinks I don't like old folk, she needs to meet you to appreciate how nice I am. <whistle>

It's all in jest really. I love old folk. You get the best old fashioned soups at funerals

<whistle>

Asprillasfurcoat
Shelvey's Precious

Post by Asprillasfurcoat » Thu May 17, 2012 7:14 pm

L-T-F wrote:

What they should do is flip the system round. Instead of getting pensions when we're 65+ and too old to enjoy it, the state should pay you money to do f*** allfrom when you're 16 til you're 35, and encourage you to spend it on wild holidays, binge drinking, prostitutes and class A drugs. Then, once you get to 35, that's it, you have to work for the rest of your life til you drop dead in work.

The Situation
No Thanks, I'm Full
No Thanks, I'm Full

Post by The Situation » Fri May 18, 2012 8:14 pm

Asprillasfurcoat wrote:
L-T-F wrote:
What they should do is flip the system round. Instead of getting pensions when we're 65+ and too old to enjoy it, the state should pay you money to do f*** allfrom when you're 16 til you're 35, and encourage you to spend it on wild holidays, binge drinking, prostitutes and class A drugs. Then, once you get to 35, that's it, you have to work for the rest of your life til you drop dead in work.
Holy s***............. get this guy in the CABINET NOW! <applause>

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sat May 19, 2012 12:25 am

The Situation wrote:
Asprillasfurcoat wrote:
Holy s***............. get this guy in the CABINET NOW! <applause>
Please tell me you don't agree with him?!

Pensions are about protecting you, as a return for the benefit you produced for society, when you are no longer of use. Give up a person's best years? Mad.

Lidl
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Lidl » Sat May 19, 2012 12:51 am

Asprillasfurcoat wrote:What they should do is flip the system round. Instead of getting pensions when we're 65+ and too old to enjoy it, the state should pay you money to do f*** allfrom when you're 16 til you're 35, and encourage you to spend it on wild holidays, binge drinking, prostitutes and class A drugs. Then, once you get to 35, that's it, you have to work for the rest of your life til you drop dead in work.
<yikes> so essentially when a person is in their prime they are pissing about wasting state money and when they get old and slow then they work? Surely productivity would crash, not to mention the massive loss of money from wanton drug use and excessively hedonistic holidays...i seriously hope you're joking <laugh>
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

EastMidlandMagpie
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by EastMidlandMagpie » Sat May 19, 2012 10:41 am

One of the best ideas floating about for saving money on the NHS is to refuse people free treatment if they have an illness relate to their obesity, smoking, drugs, or drink. That would save billions of pounds on it's own, you run the risk of grey areas, but it encourages people not to get fat, smoke, drink excessively and get smacked off drugs.

Good idea, oh and if you want privatisation, feel free to f*** off to another country. The NHS is probably the greatest thing about Britain.
"I wouldn't say i'm the best forum poster in the world, but i'm definitely in the top one"

B4E
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by B4E » Sat May 19, 2012 11:55 am

I think they are joking <laugh>
RIP