Terence McKenna appreciation topic

Wot lad?
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Terence McKenna appreciation topic

Post by Wot lad? » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:09 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terence_McKenna" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One of the greatest minds of the modern age, a wonderful human being. It's a travesty he passed away.

[youtube]9c8an2XZ3MU[/youtube]

[youtube]rMNAOk1bMDw[/youtube]

[youtube]7ua5HOOQ8_8[/youtube]
I love you all

Wot lad?
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Re: Terence McKenna appreciation topic

Post by Wot lad? » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:33 am

No love for Terrence?
I love you all

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:25 am

So I read his wiki page and his ideas seemed a little bit, how to put this delicately, like Stoner nonsense. Magic mushrooms helped evolution into Humans? I'll admit that first impressions can be wrong mind, I haven't read enough about him to make a full judgement.

As for novelty theory, as a physicist this gives me a wry smile: "When two matter waves become connected by mutual constructive interference (quantum entanglement, rapport), they imagine or grok each other. Imagination interconnects matter waves instantaneously: The imagination is a dimension of nonlocal information."

I did find an article referencing one of his theories on viXra (online pre=print archive for physics with no submission editing, home of various 'out there' theories). Hi s resonance waves co-incide with Katina, 9/11 and the credit crisis http://vixra.org/abs/0907.0040" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; page 95. Quite interesting.

Edit: I don't mean to mock, tell me why was so good
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Wot lad?
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Wot lad? » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Terrence is good because he had summit special. He has that likeable quality, that eloquence, the ability to paint you a picture with is wordplay and draw you in the majesty of his experiences. He combined extremely heavy drug use (positive drugs such as psychedelics) with an almost scientific approach to life.

He developed intriguing theories on a variety of things regarding conciousness and reality which are still highly regarded well after his death. He was the definition of a free thinker, somebody intelligent and open enough to immerse himself in experiences without pre-concieved bias but with an analytical mindset.

His stuff on Timewave Zero which you mentioned, the resonance waves based off the I-Ching is interesting and unique as it is. But it is his writings on DMT and the self-transforming machine elves he encounters that really endear me to Terrence. The way enthusiastically portrays these beings and the experience as a whole really is something. The fact that a large percentage of people who have had a "breakthrough" on DMT have experienced the same beings means that is something well worth looking in to for curiosity's sake alone.
I love you all