How will the UK be effected by the climate change?

KingoStarr
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Re: How will the UK be effected by the climate change?

Post by KingoStarr » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:16 pm

Lord Porpington wrote:
KingoStarr wrote:
Well, referring to and to quote my statement 'around the country' would include the south and the north, as we are talking about Britain and climate change in Britain isn't just about where you live.
I know, and please stop talking down at me like this please.

I was simply point out the fact that temperatures vary in different parts of the country, and stating "around the country" makes it sound like a large portion of it was subjected to 30 plus temperatures, and I don't think this is the case. I think it was specific parts of the UK, mainly the south of England, that were so.

But I may be wrong.

EDIT - Just looking at the first stats I can find in a google search, the average temperature in the UK in 2013 at our hottest was between 17-19oc during July and August. I don't know how accurate that study is, but if people can show me something to counter it I will gladly concede.
I'm not talking down to you, its a counter argument.
The most notable weather of the summer was the prolonged heatwave in the middle of July, when temperatures regularly passed 30C (86F). It was the most sustained period of hot weather since July 2006.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23970253" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you follow the link you will see that it was the 10th best summer ever on record (records began 1910) which would indicate it wasn't as bad as you would make it out to be.

You also state we haven't had a 'big' heatwave this year, once again if you follow the link you will see between 6th July - 24th July the weather was no cooler than 28.1 degrees.

We had the driest summer since 2006 which would also lead me to make out that the summer gone by was quite a good one.
The <erk>'sburg dynasty is over 3 seasons, 3 division 1 titles.

Henry Hoover
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Henry Hoover » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:20 am

It means we'll get Penguins on our streets <divax>

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:15 am

SparrowMane wrote:It means we'll get Penguins on our streets <divax>

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:04 pm