Gender Inequality: Objectification, Discrimination, Money & More

Wedge Head Tiote
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Gender Inequality: Objectification, Discrimination, Mone

Post by Wedge Head Tiote » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:05 pm

I want curly fries too wrote:
Tirer le Ryan Oison Uneski wrote:
Yes, but you get a lot of "feminists" pushing these policies.
What about the idea of a 'rape culture'?
This is one of the most ridiculous ideas coming from feminists, I really don't know how anyone could believe it <laugh>

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:16 pm

The extremists of any groups are cunts and give them a bad name.

Little Lion Man
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Little Lion Man » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:20 pm

Everyone's a cronut <ski>

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:27 pm

Good point.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:33 pm

Tirer le Ryan Oison Uneski wrote:
I'm not sure what you are trying to ask?
It was more in response to your original comment about hating feminists because of their push for positive discrimination, interested in what your opinion is of the idea of gender inequality/discrimination in a 'lad' or 'rape' culture rather than in institutions.

Just trying to get some conversation going and chose you because you had an opinion on feminism <roll> .
I don't beleive it exists to the extent that men are actively encouraged to go out raping, but I think there is a fair point to be made that it is trivialised, rape jokes are not funny, and there are instances where the victim is blamed. There are different types of "rape", sometimes girls get drunk and make decisions they regret, these girls are b****es and can f*** off. However, violent sexual attacks are no joke, I've met several girls who have been subject to this, one of whom was raped twice, and caught HIV the second time. Unfortunately it is these victims who are more likely to not come forward, and it actually sickens me that convicted men get such short sentences.

Wedge Head Tiote
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Wedge Head Tiote » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:51 am

Walked past the 'Reclaim the Night' march tonight, it was very hard not to laugh at the protesters although some of the other people on the street didn't manage it.

Cheik the room
Banned
Banned

Post by Cheik the room » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:23 pm

Pull the Arfa One wrote:
It was more in response to your original comment about hating feminists because of their push for positive discrimination, interested in what your opinion is of the idea of gender inequality/discrimination in a 'lad' or 'rape' culture rather than in institutions.

Just trying to get some conversation going and chose you because you had an opinion on feminism <roll> .
I don't beleive it exists to the extent that men are actively encouraged to go out raping, but I think there is a fair point to be made that it is trivialised, rape jokes are not funny, and there are instances where the victim is blamed. There are different types of "rape", sometimes girls get drunk and make decisions they regret, these girls are b****** and can **** off. However, violent sexual attacks are no joke, I've met several girls who have been subject to this, one of whom was raped twice, and caught HIV the second time. Unfortunately it is these victims who are more likely to not come forward, and it actually sickens me that convicted men get such short sentences.
Are you trying to claim you didn't laugh when Pardew said Michael Essien raped Ched Evans on live national television?
"Yeah, because when they shout go, go, go, go, take him on, take him on, you know, you, you can fly, you go and you try because it's a joy to play in front of our supporters."

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:15 pm

Cheik the room wrote:
Pull the Arfa One wrote:
I don't beleive it exists to the extent that men are actively encouraged to go out raping, but I think there is a fair point to be made that it is trivialised, rape jokes are not funny, and there are instances where the victim is blamed. There are different types of "rape", sometimes girls get drunk and make decisions they regret, these girls are b****** and can **** off. However, violent sexual attacks are no joke, I've met several girls who have been subject to this, one of whom was raped twice, and caught HIV the second time. Unfortunately it is these victims who are more likely to not come forward, and it actually sickens me that convicted men get such short sentences.
Are you trying to claim you didn't laugh when Pardew said Michael Essien raped Ched Evans on live national television?
Not in the slightest

Wedge Head Tiote
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Wedge Head Tiote » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:46 am

Cheik the room wrote:
Pull the Arfa One wrote:
I'm pretty sure anyone who laughed was laughing at Pardew being an idiot rather than it being a funny analogy.

Cheik the room
Banned
Banned

Post by Cheik the room » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:33 pm

Wedge Head Tiote wrote:
Cheik the room wrote: Are you trying to claim you didn't laugh when Pardew said Michael Essien raped Ched Evans on live national television?
I'm pretty sure anyone who laughed was laughing at Pardew being an idiot rather than it being a funny analogy.
Both things were hilarious.
"Yeah, because when they shout go, go, go, go, take him on, take him on, you know, you, you can fly, you go and you try because it's a joy to play in front of our supporters."

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:01 pm

How about if I was playing a sport with your mum, or your sister, or your daughter and I tackled them and then said to you 'I absolutely raped your Mum mate.' Would you find that funny?
I had the first custom w***

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:15 pm

Speedo wrote:How about if I was playing a sport with your mum, or your sister, or your daughter and I tackled them and then said to you 'I absolutely raped your Mum mate.' Would you find that funny?
You'd have to be pretty stupid to say something like that.
REQUIEM

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:19 am

Far be it for me to be 'sexist' but most women I've seen wearing the 'This is what a feminist looks like' t-shirts share a common feature.

Pig ugly.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:12 pm

I wonder what sort of response, if any, would follow a pundit saying ,"absolutely slaughtered", "absolutely savaged", "absolutely murdered", "absolutely crucified", etc. Rape imagery evidently shocks society more than that of gory death.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:49 pm

skalpel wrote:I wonder what sort of response, if any, would follow a pundit saying ,"absolutely slaughtered", "absolutely savaged", "absolutely murdered", "absolutely crucified", etc. Rape imagery evidently shocks society more than that of gory death.
With the exception of crucified, gore is not specific to a maligned group by a powerful group in the way rape is with women and men
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Cheik the room
Banned
Banned

Post by Cheik the room » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:07 pm

Speedo wrote:How about if I was playing a sport with your mum, or your sister, or your daughter and I tackled them and then said to you 'I absolutely raped your Mum mate.' Would you find that funny?
WTF <laugh>

Cheik the room
Banned
Banned

Post by Cheik the room » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:08 pm

Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote:
skalpel wrote:I wonder what sort of response, if any, would follow a pundit saying ,"absolutely slaughtered", "absolutely savaged", "absolutely murdered", "absolutely crucified", etc. Rape imagery evidently shocks society more than that of gory death.
With the exception of crucified, gore is not specific to a maligned group by a powerful group in the way rape is with women and men
So you're saying men are powerful? Sexist.
On a serious note though, did you just refer to women as a maligned group? For crying out loud. 21st century <applause>

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:09 pm

True, but that seems to me an insufficient answer under this circumstance: where it's true that rape is not a specifically female issue and where the two people being referred to in the "absolutely" statement are both men. The implied metaphor in this case is that of man on man. The distaste seems to be (as far as I can see) in the reference to the deed, rather than any kind of sexual prejudice.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:15 pm

skalpel wrote:
True, but that seems to me an insufficient answer under this circumstance: where it's true that rape is not a specifically female issue and where the two people being referred to in the "absolutely" statement are both men. The implied metaphor in this case is that of man on man. The distaste seems to be (as far as I can see) in the reference to the deed, rather than any kind of sexual prejudice.
Possibly. Although I think people think of rape as mainly man on woman (even if it's not true).
In our society violence can sometimes be seen as justified; in order to protect/punish/acquire according to different moral codes. A means to a (admittedly horrible) legitimate goal. But at least in Western circles, rape is never justifiable. There is no goal and the sufferer has to live with it.
I mean so many of our heroes in culture are violent if not homicidal, but I don;t think they are rapists.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:16 pm

Maybe it's also just a history thing. The use of violent terms to simply mean 'best someone very well in a physical duel' has been around longer. Using rape to suggest this instead is less common and newer, so more shocking.