Gender Inequality: Objectification, Discrimination, Money & More

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Gender Inequality: Objectification, Discrimination, Money & More

Post by Speedo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:55 pm

The ludicrous sexism in football. 101 Great Goals just posted an article with the title 'Wow. What a Woman!' and an article heading 'There is an attractive brunette model in Argentina who does keepy-uppies on the street in high heels'

Why does it take 3 adjectives before we find out what she does? If it was a bloke it would've just said 'Tekkers' or something. This is the problem with #LADbanterculture. It would be quite funny if it wasn't so misogynistic.
I had the first custom w***

Cheik the room
Banned
Banned

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by Cheik the room » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:24 pm

Speedo wrote:The ludicrous sexism in football. 101 Great Goals just posted an article with the title 'Wow. What a Woman!' and an article heading 'There is an attractive brunette model in Argentina who does keepy-uppies on the street in high heels'

Why does it take 3 adjectives before we find out what she does? If it was a bloke it would've just said 'Tekkers' or something. This is the problem with #LADbanterculture. It would be quite funny if it wasn't so misogynistic.
Facts are, a woman who can play sports and is hot is rare. Not sexist it just is. That is like a perfect woman <awe>
"Yeah, because when they shout go, go, go, go, take him on, take him on, you know, you, you can fly, you go and you try because it's a joy to play in front of our supporters."

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:25 pm

Speedo wrote:The ludicrous sexism in football. 101 Great Goals just posted an article with the title 'Wow. What a Woman!' and an article heading 'There is an attractive brunette model in Argentina who does keepy-uppies on the street in high heels'

Would you f*** it though?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:53 pm

<neg> You're missing the point. It's not that she isn't fit, it's the fact that they plaster it over the front like

LOOK SHE'S GOT t***and she's really good at football

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Speedo wrote:<neg> You're missing the point. It's not that she isn't fit, it's the fact that they plaster it over the front like

You got my attention very quickly

Cheik the room
Banned
Banned

Post by Cheik the room » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:49 pm

Speedo wrote:<neg> You're missing the point. It's not that she isn't fit, it's the fact that they plaster it over the front like

But that is surprising. The fact she's hot is the REASON it's there, there are tonnes of chavvy slightly overweight women who love footy. Yet a hot football playing woman IS newsworty as it is such a rare thing...how many do you know? <roll>
"Yeah, because when they shout go, go, go, go, take him on, take him on, you know, you, you can fly, you go and you try because it's a joy to play in front of our supporters."

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:11 pm

Women look at sportsmen sexually, so what is wrong with men doing the same to sportswomen?

I'm sure if a woman wrote a similar article on Cronaldo or someone, no one would batter an eye lid.

Wedge Head Tiote
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Wedge Head Tiote » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:11 pm

I understand the point and obviously in a perfect world it wouldn't be newsworthy that a woman can do kick-ups. However it is a rarity as CTR says to see a good looking woman doing kick-ups, especially in high heels. It's similar to this video being more interesting than a thin guy doing kick-ups. There's nothing that says fat guys/woman can't do kick-ups it's just more unusual.

Ps. Yes I do know that analogy could come off as quite bad as it might be seen as saying woman have physical deficiencies but it wasn't meant in that way.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:50 pm

It's different to being attracted to sportspeople - you expect that, they're mostly amazing physical specimens. But the fact it had to be fit model before the sporting achievement is bad.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:34 pm

Speedo wrote:It's different to being attracted to sportspeople - you expect that, they're mostly amazing physical specimens. But the fact it had to be fit model before the sporting achievement is bad.
That is basic sentence structure. In English we go Subject, Verb, Object

Subject (Who) = fit woman - Verb (What) = doing kick ups - Object = with a football

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:38 pm

Tirer le Ryan Oison Uneski wrote:
Speedo wrote:It's different to being attracted to sportspeople - you expect that, they're mostly amazing physical specimens. But the fact it had to be fit model before the sporting achievement is bad.

Subject (Who) = fit woman - Verb (What) = doing kick ups - Object = with a football
It's a headline, it doesn't have to follow normal sentence structure. They rarely do on 101GG or anywhere else. Anyway the main thing I was objecting to was that she was labelled as fit etc straight away. Why couldn't it have been 'Argentinian TV Presenter does keepy-ups'? Why is it always about how fit someone is?

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:40 pm

Speedo wrote:

It's a headline, it doesn't have to follow normal sentence structure. They rarely do on 101GG or anywhere else. Anyway the main thing I was objecting to was that she was labelled as fit etc straight away. Why couldn't it have been 'Argentinian TV Presenter does keepy-ups'? Why is it always about how fit someone is?
Because if it's not, it's just another person doing kick ups, which no-one is interested in. It doesn't make is sexist, it's just the thing that makes it unique is highlighted.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:47 pm

Speedo wrote:
Because if it's not, it's just another person doing kick ups, which no-one is interested in. It doesn't make is sexist, it's just the thing that makes it unique is highlighted.
Is it healthy that the thing that makes it unique is her physical attractiveness? Rather than being especially good at it? I just think if you want to look at women who are fit, go and have a w***. Why do we need to sex up everything?

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:49 pm

Speedo wrote:
Is it healthy that the thing that makes it unique is her physical attractiveness? Rather than being especially good at it? I just think if you want to look at women who are fit, go and have a w***. Why do we need to sex up everything?
I haven't seen it, but is she better than Mr. Woo or others?
From your description, the fact that she is doing it in high heels suggests that this reaction is exactly what she is going for.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:54 pm

Speedo wrote:
I haven't seen it, but is she better than Mr. Woo or others?
From your description, the fact that she is doing it in high heels suggests that this reaction is exactly what she is going for.
Well obviously people try to profit out of sexism, including some women, but that doesn't make it ok. Actually if they'd advertised as it as 'Woman does keepy-ups in high heels' that would not be sexist.

I have no idea who Mr. Woo is, I didn't actually watch the video.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:55 pm

Speedo wrote:
Because it is a like a bear riding a unicycle, something that is very uncommon and not seen often. Not many women like sports and even less of them actually play sports and even less of them are good at sports. Likewise most women are not fit, they are average or ugly (that is statistics not me being a dick). So a fit women who is good at sports is a bear riding a unicycle.

PFT

Post by PFT » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:59 pm

Mifune wrote:
Speedo wrote:
Because it is a like a bear riding a unicycle, something that is very uncommon and not seen often. Not many women like sports and even less of them actually play sports and even less of them are good at sports. Likewise most women are not fit, they are average or ugly (that is statistics not me being a d***). So a fit women who is good at sports is a bear riding a unicycle.
Sexist <disgrace>
formerly known as Bigi Bigi Bigi Can't You See & IMTE

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:03 pm

Iron Mikes Tiny Eyes wrote:
Mifune wrote:
Because it is a like a bear riding a unicycle, something that is very uncommon and not seen often. Not many women like sports and even less of them actually play sports and even less of them are good at sports. Likewise most women are not fit, they are average or ugly (that is statistics not me being a d***). So a fit women who is good at sports is a bear riding a unicycle.
Sexist <disgrace>
Stating a fact is not sexist you nincompoop.

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:06 pm

Mifune wrote:
Speedo wrote:

Don't hold back, none of them are good at sports <wenger>

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:08 pm

Mifune wrote:
Speedo wrote:
Because it is a like a bear riding a unicycle, something that is very uncommon and not seen often. Not many women like sports and even less of them actually play sports and even less of them are good at sports. Likewise most women are not fit, they are average or ugly (that is statistics not me being a dick). So a fit women who is good at sports is a bear riding a unicycle.
1. Women who are good at sport are much more likely to be fit
2. Saying 'not many women like sports' is just untrue. Maybe fewer than men, but 'not many' is ****.
3. Most men are average/ugly so why don't we make a thing of that all the time?
4. 'A fit woman who is good at sports is a bear riding a unicycle' is one of the most sexist things I have ever heard. I respect your opinion on most things, but that is an appalling thing to say.
5. The remarkable thing is that she is doing it in high heels! Not that she is fit, or a woman.