Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post Reply
wolf_the_mag
Aarons' Ailments
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:37 pm

Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post by wolf_the_mag » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:30 pm

Most people accept the earth as being a rotating ball/sphere/oblate spheroid in the near perfect vacuum of space, right?
We are told to believe it's rotating at roughly 1038 mph at the equator and travelling around the sun at something like 67,000 mph.
We are told that gravity holds us down, which is why we don't fall off of the Earth.
Are we being told the truth?
We obviously get saturated with it all, as if it is the truth, because after all, we have rockets going into space and rovers landing on the moon and mars, plus men have landed on the moon and various other things. Not to mention a half a billion mile into deep space voyager, right?

I don't know what most of your views are on all of this but my views are the total opposite to what we have been told to accept. I used to accept it when I was younger as it all seemed to work out as in, the stars and moon and sun appearing and disappearing as we rotate on an axis.
My belief is that the earth is slightly concave with a dome covering it. An ice dome of various mixes, like hydrogen and helium, etc.
I believe gravity is simple air pressure.
I believe that everything we see in the sky that we believe are planets and stars, plus sun are all inside Earth's dome, not outside of it.
Our universe is all encased in this cell we live inside. We are basically living inside a sort of huge cell or to vision it better, think of it like a snow globe that you shake.
To us, space does not exist. It's blackness to our vision, as in, it is the real perfect vacuum as we know it, or basically devoid of ALL matter which we cannot see through, yet we see it as black.

I don't know if anyone is interested in seeing it a different way but if you do, then join in and give your thoughts, plus those who believe I'm 2 sandwiches short of a picnic, can ask me any questions about it all and pull me to bits if they so wish.
I've done a lot of thinking about all of this and it makes much more sense than what we've been told, in my opinion.
It takes an open mind and a critical thinker to abandon the science that makes all this work, I understand that. But ask yourself about all of the stuff that was made to fit. Stuff that is magically used to cater for everything that we see happening that should make no sense, yet is accepted as being right because scientists say it is.
Anyway, what's your thoughts on this and what do you believe or disbelieve about it all?

User avatar
Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 8111
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: England

Re: Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post by Seagull » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:35 pm

What evidence do you have for this?
"He's on the computer in his underwear wasting time in some chitchat room, going back & forth with some other fuckin' jerkoff"

Tony Soprano

User avatar
Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Posts: 8615
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:40 pm
Location: London

Re: Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post by Speedo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:52 pm

Can you explain where the nonsensical parts of the scientific theory lie? Given that it all makes sense, people have been around the world and in to space, how do you come to this conclusion?
I had the first custom w***

wolf_the_mag
Aarons' Ailments
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:37 pm

Re: Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post by wolf_the_mag » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:53 pm

I want curly fries too wrote:What evidence do you have for this?
To be honest, I don't have any verifiable physical evidence of it, except for critical thought.
If you think about it, there is no direct physical evidence for what they claim Earth is, except for video of moon landings or rovers or such like, plus using Foucault's pendulum or the coriolis effect as their proof.
I know there is a mass of supposed evidence that is totally stacked against me but they've had a long time to think up this stuff and make it all fit.
I just don't believe most of it to be honest and I think we are lied to but that's just my hypothetical opinion.
First I started questioning the rotating earth and went on from there, simply pulling it apart piece by piece as being too far fetched.
Gravity is accepted by people, yet scientists do not know what it actually is. They just say it's a force and it keeps our feet on the deck so we don't fall off the Earth. I think it's all clever made up nonsense to be fair.
Air pressure easily explains their gravity on Earth but they need it for their space ruse, so gravity it is. Let's face it, no one can prove them wrong, directly, because none of us can go into space, only they supposedly can.

wolf_the_mag
Aarons' Ailments
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:37 pm

Re: Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post by wolf_the_mag » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:58 pm

Speedo wrote:Can you explain where the nonsensical parts of the scientific theory lie? Given that it all makes sense, people have been around the world and in to space, how do you come to this conclusion?
I know it all makes sense to you, because that's how it's been ingrained into all of us.
Start with the most basic.
The earth spins at over 1000 mph, they say, so if that's the case, then if you jump up off of the floor, even for 2 seconds, the ground should have moved under you. I know this is argued but the arguments against it make no logical sense.

User avatar
PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Posts: 8497
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:42 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post by PTAO? » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:59 pm

What is the motivation for lying?

wolf_the_mag
Aarons' Ailments
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:37 pm

Re: Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post by wolf_the_mag » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:04 pm

Tirer le Ryan Oison Uneski wrote:What is the motivation for lying?
To be honest, starting back in the earlier times, there could be various reasons, going as far out as sun worshipping to occultism to simply believing one scientist over another to the latter stages of supposed space travel or greed. Basically billions of dollars a time for mock up video and models, plus willing people to take part for a nice pay day.
I don't profess to know the exact reasons but there's a few that are quite feasible.

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 19161
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:04 pm

Tirer le Ryan Oison Uneski wrote:What is the motivation for lying?
To get laid. That's also why they took a car to the moon.

User avatar
Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Posts: 8615
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:40 pm
Location: London

Re: Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post by Speedo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:11 pm

wolf_the_mag wrote:
Speedo wrote:Can you explain where the nonsensical parts of the scientific theory lie? Given that it all makes sense, people have been around the world and in to space, how do you come to this conclusion?
I know it all makes sense to you, because that's how it's been ingrained into all of us.
Start with the most basic.
The earth spins at over 1000 mph, they say, so if that's the case, then if you jump up off of the floor, even for 2 seconds, the ground should have moved under you. I know this is argued but the arguments against it make no logical sense.
OK so that example is simply explained: if you're on boat travelling at a constant 100mph and you jump, you land in the same place because, although you only consciously jump upwards, that 100mph forward force means you actually have 100mph forward momentum as you jump, and your relative speed to the boat is 0. So if you jump and while you're in the air the boat slows very quickly, you'll fly forward. The same principle applies: you have 1000mph forward speed from the earth, but because both you and the earth are doing the same speed, your relative speed is 0 so you don't appear to have moved.

Also just disagreeing with Science only weakens your argument - if you really believe these things, go and prove them. Do you honestly think there could be a complete conspiracy among the thousands of astronomers in the world?
I had the first custom w***

User avatar
Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 8111
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: England

Re: Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post by Seagull » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:13 pm

How do you explain satellite photos of the Earth (which demonstrate rotation/shape) or photos of our galaxy, and other galaxies?
"He's on the computer in his underwear wasting time in some chitchat room, going back & forth with some other fuckin' jerkoff"

Tony Soprano

wolf_the_mag
Aarons' Ailments
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:37 pm

Re: Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post by wolf_the_mag » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:20 pm

Speedo wrote:
wolf_the_mag wrote: I know it all makes sense to you, because that's how it's been ingrained into all of us.
Start with the most basic.
The earth spins at over 1000 mph, they say, so if that's the case, then if you jump up off of the floor, even for 2 seconds, the ground should have moved under you. I know this is argued but the arguments against it make no logical sense.
OK so that example is simply explained: if you're on boat travelling at a constant 100mph and you jump, you land in the same place because, although you only consciously jump upwards, that 100mph forward force means you actually have 100mph forward momentum as you jump, and your relative speed to the boat is 0. So if you jump and while you're in the air the boat slows very quickly, you'll fly forward. The same principle applies: you have 1000mph forward speed from the earth, but because both you and the earth are doing the same speed, your relative speed is 0 so you don't appear to have moved.

Also just disagreeing with Science only weakens your argument - if you really believe these things, go and prove them. Do you honestly think there could be a complete conspiracy among the thousands of astronomers in the world?
That's fine for s hort sharp jump because, as you say, you are still travelling at that speed. Now imagine hovering in a helicopter. The ground should move under you but it doesn't, no jmatter how long you hover.

wolf_the_mag
Aarons' Ailments
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:37 pm

Re: Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post by wolf_the_mag » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:23 pm

I want curly fries too wrote:How do you explain satellite photos of the Earth (which demonstrate rotation/shape) or photos of our galaxy, and other galaxies?
I don't believe there is anything in space that we can see. Whatever is in the sky, is inside Earth. Space or what we perceive as space, is a true vacuum, devoid of all matter, therefore it doesn't exist to our sight, except for the colour, black.

User avatar
Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Posts: 8615
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:40 pm
Location: London

Re: Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post by Speedo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:44 pm

wolf_the_mag wrote:That's fine for s hort sharp jump because, as you say, you are still travelling at that speed. Now imagine hovering in a helicopter. The ground should move under you but it doesn't, no jmatter how long you hover.
The ground does move, just very slowly relative to you. That's because the gravitational pull of the earth is sufficient to keep us sucked toward it, spinning with it. If you hover very high (well beyond the height a helicopter can manage), this affect is lessened and the earth will move beneath you.

On the gravity thing - if it's just air pressure, why does it push you downwards and not upwards?
I had the first custom w***

User avatar
Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship
Posts: 18296
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:29 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post by Duke » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:45 pm

<scratch>
I dunno

wolf_the_mag
Aarons' Ailments
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:37 pm

Re: Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post by wolf_the_mag » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:52 pm

Speedo wrote:
wolf_the_mag wrote:That's fine for s hort sharp jump because, as you say, you are still travelling at that speed. Now imagine hovering in a helicopter. The ground should move under you but it doesn't, no jmatter how long you hover.
The ground does move, just very slowly relative to you. That's because the gravitational pull of the earth is sufficient to keep us sucked toward it, spinning with it. If you hover very high (well beyond the height a helicopter can manage), this affect is lessened and the earth will move beneath you.

On the gravity thing - if it's just air pressure, why does it push you downwards and not upwards?
The ground should be moving at over 1000 mph, it should not be moving slowly, even accounting for something supposedly starting off at the same speed before hovering. It should still slow down quickly with friction but in the case of a helicopter , you don't see that.

Air pressure pushes you down because it's stacked molecules from bottom to top. That's why jumping up against it, is hard and falling is easy.

User avatar
Colback's Orange Tufts
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10498
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:48 pm
Location: Near the ducks

Re: Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:01 pm

It takes a critical thinking to abandon the science does it? Surely a critical thinker would weigh the evidence for both and choose to reject your hypothesis?

Also for this to be true, there would have to be a global conspiracy theory involving then, nay hundreds of thousands of people. How is that possible?

But then again, I'm one of the scientists, maybe I'm in on it <bandit>
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

User avatar
Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Posts: 8615
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:40 pm
Location: London

Re: Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post by Speedo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:03 pm

wolf_the_mag wrote:The ground should be moving at over 1000 mph, it should not be moving slowly, even accounting for something supposedly starting off at the same speed before hovering. It should still slow down quickly with friction but in the case of a helicopter , you don't see that.

Air pressure pushes you down because it's stacked molecules from bottom to top. That's why jumping up against it, is hard and falling is easy.
Remember the helicopter does still have that forward speed from the earth, and gravity means that even though it's not touching the ground, it's still spinning with the earth. Think of it like a wheel, the centre spins, the spokes (gravity's force) mean the tyre on the outside still goes round. Hence clouds and birds don't fly at hundreds of miles an hour. It's the same principle behind geostationary orbiting satellites. Re. Air Pressure - what determines top and bottom? Also gas molecules don't stack, they float about. If they stacked loosely, they'd be liquid, or if they were tightly stacked, they'd be solid. Air pressure is lower at higher altitudes because gravity's force is being exerted to a lower extent up there.
I had the first custom w***

User avatar
Colback's Orange Tufts
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10498
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:48 pm
Location: Near the ducks

Re: Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:08 pm

wolf_the_mag wrote:That's fine for s hort sharp jump because, as you say, you are still travelling at that speed. Now imagine hovering in a helicopter. The ground should move under you but it doesn't, no jmatter how long you hover.

Nope. Where's the force to make you slow down? It's newtons first law!
On the ground, you are in a circular orbit, gravity is pulling you down and the effect is a circular path (your speed doesn't change, just the direction you are going in).

Now in a helicopter just above the ground, you are still being pulled down by gravity, still in a circular path. So your period of rotation is the same
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

User avatar
Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Posts: 8615
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:40 pm
Location: London

Re: Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post by Speedo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:09 pm

<awe> COT explained it so much better than I did
I had the first custom w***

User avatar
Colback's Orange Tufts
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10498
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:48 pm
Location: Near the ducks

Re: Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:13 pm

I still think you need to explain how this massive conspiracy has been hidden for about a thousand years!

As for 'scientists don't know what gravity is'. That's simply not true. We can predict and test the effect gravity to ludicrous degrees. And we have a lovely theory for why it fundamentally happens from a Mr Einstein, it's the curvature of space-time due to mass.

I mean of course you are entitled to your opinions, even if they are quite similar to flat earth theorists <awe>
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Post Reply