Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun May 22, 2016 10:18 pm

I guess oil is renewable - it just takes a few hundred million years to build up again <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Sun May 22, 2016 10:40 pm

ghostrider wrote:
Ramone wrote:
In a world where some shady Illuminati equivalent has controlled the population for hundreds of years, why the flying **** does your tv licence matter to them? Money means nothing to the masters of the f***ing universe.

You can radiate heat in space: http://helios.gsfc.nasa.gov/qa_sp_ht.html#heat

Just a note; by paying for your internet you are contributing to the mass subjugation of the human species, I hope you're proud of yourself.
I'm aware of what they say about heat radiating in space. I believe it's utter nonsense. It's all a massive fantasy that we all bought into, because - well, why not?
Anyone that believes it all are free to do so. I used to believe it all.
As for paying my bills. Of course I'm going to pay my bills. If I want internet I have to pay for it. I have no issues with that, just as I have no issues with paying for TV or anything else. I'm caught in a life of material things. I was born into it and accept it all.

That doesn't mean I believe we are being fairly charged or even told the truth about how and why we are charged. Just like gas and electricity being over priced - or petrol, etc. We are charged for electricity, through the nose when years ago we were told that our electricity would be virtually meter-less due to 'nuclear power.'
We then found out that it cost billions to build and then more billions to maintain with security and uranium mining, etc, plus having to store the spent nuclear fuel in big pools for 30 or 40 years before they were deemed cool enough and safe enough.
Some cheap electricity that turned out to be.
Nuclear power. Hmmmm. Not convinced at all about it being what we are told.
Same as oil as a non renewable resource. I think that's crap as well.
The list is endless of the things that beg questions, but questioning anything won't change anything and I don't even want to or care to. All I'd like to know for my own personal thoughts are, the truth or the potential truth.
Will I ever know it? I doubt it but it still doesn't stop me or anyone debating it as a past time when there's not a lot on.
REQUIEM

ghostrider
Pope's Goalposts

Post by ghostrider » Mon May 23, 2016 7:32 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:I guess oil is renewable - it just takes a few hundred million years to build up again <laugh>
But his is what I'm getting at. We are told it's millions of years of fossils. We got told in the late 70's that oil was running out. We get told every decade that same thing.
Well that are used up and run dry are opened back up 10 or 20 years later to find they are replenished.
The Earth just keeps on producing oil and gas etc due to huge compression of minerals which will always happen whilst Earth is a living cell.

Dr. Bishop
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Dr. Bishop » Mon May 23, 2016 10:43 am

ghostrider wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:I guess oil is renewable - it just takes a few hundred million years to build up again <laugh>
But his is what I'm getting at. We are told it's millions of years of fossils. We got told in the late 70's that oil was running out. We get told every decade that same thing.
Well that are used up and run dry are opened back up 10 or 20 years later to find they are replenished.
The Earth just keeps on producing oil and gas etc due to huge compression of minerals which will always happen whilst Earth is a living cell.
We develop methods to get to oil where previously we couldn't. There is plenty of oil left in the world, it's just inaccessible, so to say they replenish is bollocks.
“I just got an erection. Oh, fear not. It’s nothing to do with your state of undress. I just simply need to urinate.”
Dr. Walter Bishop

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Mon May 23, 2016 11:36 am

ghostrider wrote:
The Earth just keeps on producing oil and gas etc due to huge compression of minerals which will always happen whilst Earth is a living cell
wut
REQUIEM

ghostrider
Pope's Goalposts

Post by ghostrider » Mon May 23, 2016 2:55 pm

Dr. Bishop wrote:
ghostrider wrote: But his is what I'm getting at. We are told it's millions of years of fossils. We got told in the late 70's that oil was running out. We get told every decade that same thing.
We develop methods to get to oil where previously we couldn't. There is plenty of oil left in the world, it's just inaccessible, so to say they replenish is bollocks.
How can you be so sure?

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon May 23, 2016 2:59 pm

ghostrider wrote:
Dr. Bishop wrote:
How can you be so sure?
You must be fun in the pub, every statement anyone makes followed by "how can you be sure?"
"Was going to visit Dave in Dubai next month but they say it reached 50 degrees?" "How can you be sure? It's only what the so-called weather records show"
"Finnish is one of the hardest languages to learn" "How can you be so sure"
"I'm having a baby" "How can you be so sure it's yours, all you have is your wife's word and the so-called DNA"
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

ghostrider
Pope's Goalposts

Post by ghostrider » Mon May 23, 2016 3:27 pm

Ramone wrote:
ghostrider wrote: But his is what I'm getting at. We are told it's millions of years of fossils. We got told in the late 70's that oil was running out. We get told every decade that same thing.
The Earth just keeps on producing oil and gas etc due to huge compression of minerals which will always happen whilst Earth is a living cell
wut
A living cell. Hard to imagine isn't it?

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Mon May 23, 2016 3:30 pm

ghostrider wrote:
Ramone wrote:
wut
A living cell. Hard to imagine isn't it?
You've been smoking too much ganja mate
REQUIEM

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon May 23, 2016 3:31 pm

ghostrider
Pope's Goalposts

Post by ghostrider » Mon May 23, 2016 3:33 pm

Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote:
ghostrider wrote: How can you be so sure?
You must be fun in the pub, every statement anyone makes followed by "how can you be sure?"
"Was going to visit Dave in Dubai next month but they say it reached 50 degrees?" "How can you be sure? It's only what the so-called weather records show"
"I'm having a baby" "How can you be so sure it's yours, all you have is your wife's word and the so-called DNA"
Unless you see for yourself or absolutely trust the source, then how can you be so sure of anything, seriously?
It actually just boils down to trust.
A simple question for you.
Do you believe everything that the news tells you or so called experts tell you and if not, can you name one of two things that you just didn't buy into?

ghostrider
Pope's Goalposts

Post by ghostrider » Mon May 23, 2016 3:35 pm

Ramone wrote:
ghostrider wrote: A living cell. Hard to imagine isn't it?
You've been smoking too much ganja mate
Maybe I should start to.
Do you believe in the big bang and if so - why?

ghostrider
Pope's Goalposts

Post by ghostrider » Mon May 23, 2016 3:36 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Basically on the right lines as to what I'm getting at.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Mon May 23, 2016 3:41 pm

ghostrider wrote:
Ramone wrote: You've been smoking too much ganja mate
Maybe I should start to.
I believe it gives the most sensible and believable explanation for the creation of the universe.
REQUIEM

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon May 23, 2016 3:54 pm

ghostrider wrote:
Unless you see for yourself or absolutely trust the source, then how can you be so sure of anything, seriously?
It actually just boils down to trust.
A simple question for you.
Do you believe everything that the news tells you or so called experts tell you and if not, can you name one of two things that you just didn't buy into?
It comes down to a few things, Occam's razor for one. The best explanation that isn't outlandish for two.
And for three, to reject a common explanation of the world around us, there has to a logic reason for the cover up and a mechanism. For most of these things one would need a perfectly robust (no leaks) global conspiracy and some reason for it. Just not logical. Trusting in science is easier than trusting in outlandish global conspiracies.

I was always skeptical for example of the '45 minutes' dossier before the Iraq war. There was a clear political reason to buff up the evidence, was maintainable by a small network and the official secrets act. It passes those tests above.

ghostrider
Pope's Goalposts

Post by ghostrider » Mon May 23, 2016 4:03 pm

Ramone wrote:
ghostrider wrote: Maybe I should start to.
I believe it gives the most sensible and believable explanation for the creation of the universe.
So did I at one point.
When everything's thrust into my face with no alternate answer, it stands to reason that I would make some kind of sense of it, even though it doesn't really make any sense to me now.

A vacuum. A big bang. A universe appears over (insert the zero's of years) and here we are just spinning about in space among gazillions of so called planets and stars and yet we stand there looking at the sky at night and think, "hmmm, we are just one tiny planet among all those stars and planets."

The history books with Newton and Galileo. plus way back to Eratosthenes the man who figured out the globe by measuring the angle of the sun from one place to another with the aid of a friend,, in those times. Around 245 BC we are led to believe.
500 miles apart and yet he managed to measure the angle of the sun from one point to another.

Like I said before. It's about trust in official lines and supposed authority on matters of historical supposed relevance. Newton figuring out gravity in the 1700's and yet nobody know what gravity is today. They can tell you what it does but not what it is as a force.
Depending on what's argued on Earth or in so called space, gravity is deemed a force and not a force. It's a strange one. It's a good job they guessed the moon was 1/6th gravity as well as the true distance in 1969. Luckily they were so good they had literally 30 seconds of fuel left, etc.

It all depends on who you can trust for our historic time on Earth as human beings.

ghostrider
Pope's Goalposts

Post by ghostrider » Mon May 23, 2016 4:12 pm

Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote: It comes down to a few things, Occam's razor for one.
Occams Razor certainly doesn't fit a global Earth in my view.
Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote:The best explanation that isn't outlandish for two.
The best explanation is a difficult one because the only explanation that is accepted as far as Earth goes, is a heliocentric globe model and it is outlandish when thoroughly looked into, as far as I'm concerned.
Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote:And for three, to reject a common explanation of the world around us, there has to a logic reason for the cover up and a mechanism.
There are logical reasons. But just because there are logical reasons, doesn't mean they will be accepted by mainstream science as being that, or people who follow mainstream science to the letter.
Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote: For most of these things one would need a perfectly robust (no leaks) global conspiracy and some reason for it. Just not logical. Trusting in science is easier than trusting in outlandish global conspiracies.
You are 100% correct. Trusting in mainstream scientists is absolutely much easier than questioning it. Chasing a fox through fields with humans/horses and dogs is much easier than being the Fox.
Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote:I was always skeptical for example of the '45 minutes' dossier before the Iraq war. There was a clear political reason to buff up the evidence, was maintainable by a small network and the official secrets act. It passes those tests above.
The gulf of Tonkin. Have you looked into that one?

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon May 23, 2016 4:30 pm

ghostrider wrote:
Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote: And for three, to reject a common explanation of the world around us, there has to a logic reason for the cover up and a mechanism.
There are logical reasons. But just because there are logical reasons, doesn't mean they will be accepted by mainstream science as being that, or people who follow mainstream science to the letter.
Crossed wires here. This is not a point about science, its about human motivations and the ability to keep secrets in large networks.
I mean there has to be a good reason why a large group of people are motivated to start and maintain the cover up. Not scientific (or psuedo) logic to theorise the cover up, but the reason for the cover up in the first place.
Ie who benefits and how to making up the moon + space + gravity + the standard model + Newtonian dynamics etc

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon May 23, 2016 4:33 pm

ghostrider wrote:
Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote:I was always skeptical for example of the '45 minutes' dossier before the Iraq war. There was a clear political reason to buff up the evidence, was maintainable by a small network and the official secrets act. It passes those tests above.
Again this fits my paradigm. This was a balls up by a chip captain, so there was a clear reason for the US to cover up. The numbers of those involved is low (compared to every scientist/astronaut/major politician out there) so keeping the secret is easier (with the threat of secrets act). And even so there were leaks and such (according to wiki, not an expert)

I'm not saying conspiracies can't be real, but massive world wide ones stretch credibility

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Mon May 23, 2016 4:53 pm

ghostrider wrote:
Again this fits my paradigm. This was a balls up by a chip captain, so there was a clear reason for the US to cover up. The numbers of those involved is low (compared to every scientist/astronaut/major politician out there) so keeping the secret is easier (with the threat of secrets act). And even so there were leaks and such (according to wiki, not an expert)

I'm not saying conspiracies can't be real, but massive world wide ones stretch credibility
Especially over hundreds of years and with hypercompetence on the part of the conspirators.
REQUIEM