Oscar Pistorius: Guilty or Not Guilty?

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Re: Oscar Pistorius: Guilty or Not Guilty?

Post by Jaiston » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:21 pm

Definitely guilty.

What amused be was that he claimed he didn't mean to shoot at anyone...despite shooting through the door 4 times.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:04 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Guilty. The first thing you'd do if you thought someone was in your house is check your partner is alright. Not unload four rounds into the bathroom door.

All of his tears in court sound completely genuine. Not because he's innocent, because he regrets what he did.

But regret it or not, he did it and should be punished accordingly.

I don't think it was premeditated, heat of the moment no doubt.
You ever lived in South Africa?

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:19 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/04/21 ... ns-before/
A South African journalist has claimed that Olympic and Paralympic athlete Oscar Pistorius had received acting lessons before the start of his trial for the murder of his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp.

Jani Allan, a former columnist for the South African Sunday Times, made the claim in a piece posted on her personal blog last week in the form of an open letter to the double-amputee runner.

"I have it from a reliable source that you are taking acting lessons for your days in court," Allan wrote. "Your coach has an impossible task."

Allan backed up the piece in an interview with the British newspaper The Sunday People, saying "I have this information from extremely reliable sources ... I have it on very good authority that Oscar is being coached on his court performance by a close actor friend, who is also famous in South Africa."

Prosecutors say Pistorius deliberately killed Steenkamp in the early morning hours of February 14, 2013 after the couple had argued. Pistorius claims that he had mistaken Steenkamp for a burglar when he shot her through the closed bathroom door in his house in a Pretoria gated community.

Pistorius' court appearances have been marked by frequent shows of emotion, most notably when he was cross-examined by state prosecutor Gerrie Nel. The trial, which began in March, has been adjourned until May 5 due to the Easter holiday and other commitments made by the various attorneys.

Allan has a checkered history of her own. In 1989, while still a columnist for the South African Sunday Times, regarded as white South Africa's paper of record, she was accused of having an affair with Eugene Terre-Blanche, a former interview subject and a prominent figure in South Africa's pro-apartheid movement. Allan has always having an affair.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:53 pm

Tirer le Ryan Oison Uneski wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:Guilty. The first thing you'd do if you thought someone was in your house is check your partner is alright. Not unload four rounds into the bathroom door.

All of his tears in court sound completely genuine. Not because he's innocent, because he regrets what he did.

But regret it or not, he did it and should be punished accordingly.

I don't think it was premeditated, heat of the moment no doubt.
Only for 17 months <ok>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:52 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tirer le Ryan Oison Uneski wrote:
Only for 17 months <ok>
What was it like?
I've never been myself, but from stories from a girl I used to know who lived there, I'm not so sure I wouldn't have over-reacted if I thought someone was in my bathroom (not saying he is innocent)

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:05 am

There's no doubt that in some parts of the country you feel deeply unsafe. I don't know where he lived but I'd guess that it was some kind of highly secure gated community.

But that aside, people are still people and the first reaction of most people I knew out there if they heard a noise in their bathroom wouldn't be to unload four rounds into a bathroom door when you don't know who's in there, and when you weren't sure where your partner was.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:02 am

He was living in a secure gated area with security guards. He knew that so the chances of there being an intruder were minimal anyway. But to wake up, notice your gilfreind wasn't next to you in your bed and hear someone in your bathroom, and assume its anyone other than your girlfriend is beyond ridiculous. He wants put in a mental asylum if his story is true. Its clearly not though, far too many flaws in it, he murdered her.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:34 am

I think we've all been in a situation where we've suffered disorientation caused by a sudden wakening and cannot recall if our partners we love and sleep with nightly are still in the bed with us but know exactly where we keep our loaded guns and insist on a shoot first, ask questions later policy.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:47 am

Sobbie Ravage wrote:I think we've all been in a situation where we've suffered disorientation caused by a sudden wakening and cannot recall if our partners we love and sleep with nightly are still in the bed with us but know exactly where we keep our loaded guns and insist on a shoot first, ask questions later policy.
<laugh> <ok>

Albert's Chip Shop
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Albert's Chip Shop » Tue May 20, 2014 12:47 pm

He is guilty.
Having looked at the evidence I don't think he has much of a leg to stand on.
Originally Posted by Somebodys pinched my sombrero......
Later in the interview, Santon confirmed that, indeed, he has never seen a mackem in Milan

nufc4life wrote:
They do have there own BRAND as I put it ha ah ha , let's put it this way I didn't lick her gash just emptied my sack and made my excuses ha ha