Grizzly Bear
65%

Total votes: 37

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Re: What would win a fight between a gorilla and a grizzly b

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:55 am

Matthieu wrote:I'd deal with them both. 8)

Not sure if you've seen the mention of my exploits in a very popular thread in the general football discussion late last night but i've beat off four different men in my life, certainly could take out an animal or two. <cheers>

Anyway - take me out of the equation, the bear clearly wins.

Allow me to introduce another contender to the argument.

The funky Hippopotamus.

They aren't even carnivorous, they attack other mammals just for the hell of it. They're the third heaviest beast on earth. (up to 3,000 pounds FFS!) They can run up to 20 miles an hour and are built like a brick shithouse.

They attack anyone and anything in the area and couldn't give a **** about crocodiles or anything else for that matter, including humans, hell, they actually attack boats.

Fearless and an utter, utter bastard of an animal.

The Hippopotamus takes them both out. 8)

Cheik the room
Banned
Banned

Post by Cheik the room » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:36 pm

The hippo is unathletic and ponderous on land, with fast straight line speed but no agility, and as such would be slowly but surely ground down by the gorilla. The bear would probably take it on brawn for brawn and I can see a much closer contest, would depend if the hippo was quick enough to land a big tusk blow or two.
"Yeah, because when they shout go, go, go, go, take him on, take him on, you know, you, you can fly, you go and you try because it's a joy to play in front of our supporters."

Southern fairy
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Southern fairy » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:21 pm

overseasTOON wrote:Image
Excellent <awe>
Joe Kinnear: "I think they've got some magnificent midfield players; Tiote, Ben Afri, Yohan Kebab, Sissoko are very solid."

B4E
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by B4E » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:50 pm

I'm sure a nuclear bomb would deal with them both as well, that isn't the question though.
RIP

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:37 pm

B4E wrote:I'm sure a nuclear bomb would deal with them both as well, that isn't the question though.
But it isn't a carnivore.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:49 pm

^This. The bear would take out the nuclear bomb with its claws.

Matthieu
Big Joe's Hawaiian Shirt

Post by Matthieu » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:09 pm

The hippo is not impressed with your lack of acknowledgment of his physical beast skills. <disgrace>
Alan Pardew Historical Society

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:08 pm

Hippos are total bastards to be fair.
I dunno

Matthieu
Big Joe's Hawaiian Shirt

Post by Matthieu » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:44 pm

Duke wrote:Hippos are total bastards to be fair.
They are really notorious for being one of the most aggressive species on earth. <yikes>

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:17 pm

Gorilla would still win. It would take on and beat the bear and hippo even if they were working together.

Matthieu
Big Joe's Hawaiian Shirt

Post by Matthieu » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:21 pm

TJR wrote:Gorilla would still win. It would take on and beat the bear and hippo even if they were working together.
No chance, you could throw five gorillas at a bear, alone or a hippo, alone and they'd be decimated.

You lot are taking the "intelligence" of the gorilla way too far, in a pure physical fight that doesn't mean squat. We as humans are f***ing brilliant compared to a hippo or bear, does that mean we're going to kill them?

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:25 pm

Matthieu wrote:
TJR wrote:Gorilla would still win. It would take on and beat the bear and hippo even if they were working together.
No chance, you could throw five gorillas at a bear, alone or a hippo, alone and they'd be decimated.

You lot are taking the "intelligence" of the gorilla way too far, in a pure physical fight that doesn't mean squat. We as humans are f***ing brilliant compared to a hippo or bear, does that mean we're going to kill them?
I reckon the intelligence and speed of the gorilla will be enough to beat a bear or a hippo.

On your last point can I use my intelligence to source a weapon? If I can then I fancy my chances against both the bear and the hippo.

Cheik the room
Banned
Banned

Post by Cheik the room » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:40 pm

Matthieu wrote:

By "intelligence" we mean that rather than just go in all guns blazing, the gorilla will have the common sense to know that if it keeps away from the bear teeth and claws, it will be able to wear it down with punches and bites until it is too fatigued to fight, at which point the gorilla can go for the neck break. The bear would just charge and run head first into counter attack after counter attack as it isn't smart enough to be patient/dodge.
"Yeah, because when they shout go, go, go, go, take him on, take him on, you know, you, you can fly, you go and you try because it's a joy to play in front of our supporters."

Matthieu
Big Joe's Hawaiian Shirt

Post by Matthieu » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:52 am

Cheik the room wrote:
Matthieu wrote:

By "intelligence" we mean that rather than just go in all guns blazing, the gorilla will have the common sense to know that if it keeps away from the bear teeth and claws, it will be able to wear it down with punches and bites until it is too fatigued to fight, at which point the gorilla can go for the neck break. The bear would just charge and run head first into counter attack after counter attack as it isn't smart enough to be patient/dodge.
Absolutely not. You're again overestimating the intelligence of a gorilla and underestimating the intelligence of a bear.

(I do appreciate your support in the other thread though <cheers> )

The bear would demolish him though, swiftly, as would the hippo. <badger>

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:30 am

I know a gorilla that has had 5 fights. I think that makes him pretty hard so I would put my money on him against a wimpy 0 fight hippo.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:44 am

Does the hippo have a shiv as well or is it still just the gorilla?

Cheik the room
Banned
Banned

Post by Cheik the room » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:22 pm

Matthieu wrote:
Cheik the room wrote: By "intelligence" we mean that rather than just go in all guns blazing, the gorilla will have the common sense to know that if it keeps away from the bear teeth and claws, it will be able to wear it down with punches and bites until it is too fatigued to fight, at which point the gorilla can go for the neck break. The bear would just charge and run head first into counter attack after counter attack as it isn't smart enough to be patient/dodge.
Absolutely not. You're again overestimating the intelligence of a gorilla and underestimating the intelligence of a bear.

(I do appreciate your support in the other thread though <cheers> )

The bear would demolish him though, swiftly, as would the hippo. <badger>
The bear is an instinctive predator, more intelligent than lions/tigers/dogs but still nowhere near the level of a primate. Don't get me wrong, the bear CAN win the fight. But it needs to get lucky and get a hold of the gorilla early doors. 8/10 times I back the gorillas speed, agility and intelligence.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:34 pm

I was trying to find videos of gorillas fighting and now my Youtube history looks really weird <erk>
REQUIEM

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:21 pm

Well we don't need to debate who would win out of a crocodile and a snake...
SpoilerShow

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:21 pm

Hippo always wins <monster>
<monster>