Pegida Rally

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Pegida Rally

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:54 pm

Not being in the north east anymore I was wondering whether any of you went to the rally/counter rally or have any experience/thoughts.

From the news seems like the anti rally outnumbered the pegida one and it has been peaceful so far
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Re: Pegida Rally

Post by Micky Quim » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:41 am

I was in town yesterday and saw the two marches at the top of the bigg market. There was quite a crowd. Just lots of shouting and flag waving. I didn't stay very long

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:33 pm

From what I've heard there was only 300 or so from the racist group and they were rightly made to feel very unwelcome by a couple of thousand from the Newcastle Unites group. Apparently they are choosing London for there next Nazi demonstration where I'm sure they'll be chased out of town just like they were in Newcastle. f***ing idiots the lot of them.

Cheik the room
Banned
Banned

Post by Cheik the room » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:20 pm

Didn't go but was in town and walked through the Pegida rally as it was breaking up on my way to the match. No surprise that they were all either 40 year old skinheads or 20ish year old chavs wearing trackies, a cap and St George flags around their waists. Scruffs.
"Yeah, because when they shout go, go, go, go, take him on, take him on, you know, you, you can fly, you go and you try because it's a joy to play in front of our supporters."

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:03 pm

I didn't go to either, but at the match I was sat behind two Germans (mum and daughter) that showed zero interest in the game. It wasn't until after that I realised it was probably the family of a German Pegida supporter!