Shithouse
50%

Total votes: 12

B4E
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Re: Brexit

Post by B4E » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:12 pm

It was inevitable this day would come when you ignore years and years of a large amount of the population saying we need to control immigration. Once people see that you can't control immigration, the line that 'we need to take back control' becomes common-sense and something that many can get behind.. and that's what they have done.

Both the EU and the main parties' fault. They should have compromised much earlier.
RIP

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:31 pm

Dumm & Doumbia wrote:I might be being far too reactive but the rise of the far-right in this country and elsewhere in Europe genuinely scares me. They are growing with the constant feeding from the media about the threat of the refugees who are fleeing a warzone.
I just hope these bigoted wankers currently running their months get shut down, and quickly. Ultimately it's Johnson and Gove's responsibility to do something about it, they were the ones that have let the dog's off the leash to achieve the result they wanted.

This growing surge of Nationalism has me concerned aswell. Be interesting if they did a snap election tomorrow where the votes would go. You'd probably get the BNP and UKIP as majority parties.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:55 pm

The Voldemort Effect has played a huge role in the rise of the far right, along with the sort of culture that bred "bigotgate", "flag-gate", and the like. This is why it's so important that liberals don't lose themselves up their own arseholes. If the only people offering the masses some vague semblance of what they want are right wing extremists, while the liberal establishment appear to be merely dismissive and insulting, nobody should be surprised to see Farage, Le Pen, Wilders, or Trump getting votes.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:04 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wonder how long it'll take those people to realise that the real reason that they don't have a job is because they're workshy, lazy bastards <scratch>
That's the hope im clinging on to, so all the bellends spouting off their **** can have a taste of the Britain they want and have voted for, I'll relish the day I get to laugh and say I told you so whilst they chew on the fat turd of their own bigotry and hate.
There are a lot less bell ends in this country than you think. They are just very loud, I doubt the majority (and it would be bigoted to say so) of people who voted leave did because ''dem immagrunts taken wor jobs and that''.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:53 pm

Bloody immigrants swamping our culture. I'm going to go and eat a curry and drink a pint of Stella to cheer me up.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:24 pm

Anyone got any ideas on what this might end up meaning for EU citizens who are registered as self employed with HMRC? Presumably this is a different matter to someone in employment, but I can't find any article online that makes this distinction.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:19 pm

As much as I hate the Brexit, cant complain with making £4k overnight on my shares <awe>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:41 pm

Micky Kiev wrote:As much as I hate the Brexit, cant complain with making £4k overnight on my shares <awe>
You must be loaded with all the bonuses you make and stuff like this!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:15 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Micky Kiev wrote:As much as I hate the Brexit, cant complain with making £4k overnight on my shares <awe>
Im comfortable. Don't feel loaded. Really don't have a baseline for this sort of question. Tend to aim for £800 to £1000 spare a month to have fun

Amnesiac
-

Post by Amnesiac » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:25 pm

B4E wrote:It was inevitable this day would come when you ignore years and years of a large amount of the population saying we need to control immigration. Once people see that you can't control immigration, the line that 'we need to take back control' becomes common-sense and something that many can get behind.. and that's what they have done.

Both the EU and the main parties' fault. They should have compromised much earlier.
The way people talk, it's almost like immigration is this new thing that happened in the last couple of years! I'd argue it's the system that our government has in place, making it an attractive proposition to come here that is more at fault for the state of the country, rather than the EU.
Don Sholeone wrote:The scariest part about all this for me is that all the nobheads and racists who jumped on the leave bandwagon just because "all them foreigners took our jobs" are going to feel validated that their way of thinking is in the majority and from the outside looking in it will be the same. <erk>
Yet they fail to take accountability for the fact they also see certain jobs beneath them. This lazy culture we have in the UK lately is damning.
skalpel wrote:Anyone got any ideas on what this might end up meaning for EU citizens who are registered as self employed with HMRC? Presumably this is a different matter to someone in employment, but I can't find any article online that makes this distinction.
I would imagine they would lose their automatic right to work depending on their length of stay, if I had to guess. We had this conversation in the office today actually, it might be worth looking into whatever our equivalent of a Blue Card is or will be.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:41 pm

Amnesiac wrote:I would imagine they would lose their automatic right to work depending on their length of stay, if I had to guess. We had this conversation in the office today actually, it might be worth looking into whatever our equivalent of a Blue Card is or will be.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I'd imagined as well. I guess it also depends on whether the UK actually leaves the single market. We've been needing the excuse to move the company to France anyway, so we'll probably end up just doing that and I'll apply for perma-residence and citizenship <awe>.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:43 pm

Micky Kiev wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Im comfortable. Don't feel loaded. Really don't have a baseline for this sort of question. Tend to aim for £800 to £1000 spare a month to have fun
Blimey, that'd do me! I've generally got about £100 a month left for 'fun' after bills and everything <neg>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:57 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Micky Kiev wrote: Im comfortable. Don't feel loaded. Really don't have a baseline for this sort of question. Tend to aim for £800 to £1000 spare a month to have fun
Blimey, that'd do me! I've generally got about £100 a month left for 'fun' after bills and everything <neg>
Oops sorry <love> I know I do ok but have no yard stick. Im s**** with money and regularly overspend without really thinking about it much to my families frustration. I am the worlds most financial planner and worst of all, when I do get paid, I just waste it. I think I might need counselling

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:58 pm

Micky Kiev wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Oops sorry <love> I know I do ok but have no yard stick. Im s**** with money and regularly overspend without really thinking about it much to my families frustration. I am the worlds most financial planner and worst of all, when I do get paid, I just waste it. I think I might need counselling
<laugh> well you only live once!

I do stick £500 a month into savings, so if I took that into account as spare cash I'd be alright!

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:01 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Micky Kiev wrote: Oops sorry <love> I know I do ok but have no yard stick. Im s**** with money and regularly overspend without really thinking about it much to my families frustration. I am the worlds most financial planner and worst of all, when I do get paid, I just waste it. I think I might need counselling
<laugh> well you only live once!

I do stick £500 a month into savings, so if I took that into account as spare cash I'd be alright!
<ok>

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:48 pm

Spare money? I heard about that once and assumed it was a myth....

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am

Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote:
ALF wrote:
I think democracy is ridiculous in modern society. People who voted both ways were fed complete lies and that was from the people running the campaigns. Nobody really knew what they were voting for, there were no facts despite plenty of things being put out as fact. Not to mention the dumbed down social media worshippers who share every single thing they see as though it's gospel. There was a genuine campaign for people to take their own pens to polling stations as they thought people would sit there rubbing out the Leave votes.
Fine. Complain about the system. But whats the alternative?
Sorry, complete democracy like this is ridiculous. A decision this big should have been made in parliament by the local MP's we elected. Maybe if we left the big decisions to them then the lazy bastards that voted for the first time ever in this election might get off their arse and vote for their local MP's.

People say s*** like 'we want our country back'. What does that even mean?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am

I can't find Micky's tips thread to make TF rich anywhere? <roll>

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:27 am

ALF wrote:
I can't find Micky's tips thread to make TF rich anywhere? <roll>
I dont have any, Im useless with money. Got a good job though

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:48 am

ALF wrote:
Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote:
Fine. Complain about the system. But whats the alternative?
Sorry, complete democracy like this is ridiculous. A decision this big should have been made in parliament by the local MP's we elected. Maybe if we left the big decisions to them then the lazy bastards that voted for the first time ever in this election might get off their arse and vote for their local MP's.

People say s*** like 'we want our country back'. What does that even mean?
They mean that they're not happy with multiculturalism because it seems to be causing a sort of ghettoisation of the cities, where some peoples stick together based on language, religion and life values which differ from one part of town to the next. They're starting to see neighbourhoods as cultural divisions, where once their cities could not be split up in that way. Different groups are split apart and it seems to sow distrust and streets that they knew as a kid are now inhabited by people who are as cautious about saying a friendly hello as they are. And the rising population of the country seems likely to be further exacerbating this general slide towards a kind of schizoid society where it is normal to live alongside swathes of people with very different values and languages without ever seeing a proper integration into the national culture. And they see that they didn't ask for any of this, and that they were never even told it would happen. The principle of this infuriates a lot of people and they saw the EU referendum as a way to let out the brewing steam and, by seizing control of immigration in principle, some semblance of control over the very fast changes happening around them.