Shithouse
50%

Total votes: 12

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Re: Brexit

Post by Chappy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:07 pm

Is it just me or does it f*** anyone else off when people go on about how "people died for this country so you could vote etc etc", and make out like it's a sin if you don't vote. f*** off cronut.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:20 pm

Immigration - While I agree that immigration from all nations should be as free and easy as possible, leaving the EU is not the way to achieve this. He argues that we should give all potential immigrants the same status, if this status is below the current status for EU migrants is it really worth it?

Sovereignty - This is not in question at all. It is a completely false argument made up to try and stir the passions of ultra patriotic voters

UK & EU trade - Not really sure what his point is here. We are no longer a manufacturing powerhouse, our membership to the EU ensures that we pay a fair(ish) price for goods. Leaving would damage this and hurt the economy

EU membership - This money isn't just given to the EU and nothing is done with it, as your friend says it is invested. This is money that would have to be invested by the UK if we were to leave

Politics - It is completely misleading to say that the rise of extreme right wing politics is solely the fault of the EU. Firstly, these right wing groups are opposed to the EU, which should be an indication that they're doing something right. Secondly, the rise of radical Islam and increased immigration from the war-torn Middle East are major contributing factors.

Economics - Don't know enough about the Eurozone crisis to really comment but it seems that the vast majority of experts in this area agree that leaving the EU would be extremely damaging to our economy.

The idea that a Boris Johnson led government would be liberal and lead to an accountable ruling party is completely laughable
REQUIEM

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:36 pm

Chappy wrote:Is it just me or does it f*** anyone else off when people go on about how "people died for this country so you could vote etc etc", and make out like it's a sin if you don't vote. f*** off cronut.
People died so we have the option to vote. Fucks me off as well.

CheickyTiote
Miggy's Smiles

Post by CheickyTiote » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:39 pm

I don't understand why loads of people assume that if we did vote to leave, then Boris would suddenly be in charge?

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:47 pm

CheickyTiote wrote:I don't understand why loads of people assume that if we did vote to leave, then Boris would suddenly be in charge?
There would almost certainly be a leadership challenge, I can't see Cameron surviving being on the wrong side of a referendum. Boris would definitely be one of the contenders and probably the most prominent amongst the Tory Leave campaigners.
REQUIEM

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:04 pm

I voted stay in from the US and now it's nearly over I can't help but feel that we have missed our last chance to leave a sinking ship.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:32 pm

The Angry Badger. wrote:
Chappy wrote:Is it just me or does it f*** anyone else off when people go on about how "people died for this country so you could vote etc etc", and make out like it's a sin if you don't vote. f*** off cronut.
Exactly! <gent>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:30 pm

Chappy wrote:
The Angry Badger. wrote:
Exactly! <gent>
<ok> I've never voted once on anything. Some people seem to think that not voting means you aren't allowed an opinion <worried>.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:32 pm

Voted leave.
I dunno

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:33 pm

Not really. Didn't vote and I don't give a s*** what happens
I dunno

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:36 pm

Duke wrote:Not really. Didn't vote and I don't give a s*** what happens. Anyone with me? <awe>
Didn't vote, but my wife to-be and my son are both French so I'm interested in what happens <awe>.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:43 pm

skalpel wrote:
Duke wrote:Not really. Didn't vote and I don't give a s*** what happens. Anyone with me? <awe>
Didn't vote, but my wife to-be and my son are both French so I'm interested in what happens <awe>.
<notbad>
I dunno

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:52 pm

vote to leave so the syrians dont come in for free to steel all ower jobs <fist>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:32 pm

I went with my head over my heart. Where I work gets a significant amount of European funding so I'd be a moron to vote leave.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:00 pm

Can't believe some people are making an issue out of the fact it's pencils instead of pens at the polling stations <laugh>

Like seriously my own mother has went mental about it, saying basically that if the vote doesn't go her way it's all been corrupted anyway <laugh>

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:47 pm

Hamsik wrote:Can't believe some people are making an issue out of the fact it's pencils instead of pens at the polling stations <laugh>

Like seriously my own mother has went mental about it, saying basically that if the vote doesn't go her way it's all been corrupted anyway <laugh>
Its hilarious the meltdown pencils have caused. The idiocy of the scale. Can tell they don't usually vote as it's always pencils. The very suggestion that the election will be rigged is ridiculous but even if you look past that for a moment it's still hilarious. If they were going to rig an election there are much more efficient ways than rubbing out votes. Also there logic is completely f***ed, they are voting to give full control to a government they don't trust to run an election. If this is the meltdown caused by pencils I can't wait to see their reactions if it turns out we vote remain.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:01 pm

Bread of Heaven wrote:
Hamsik wrote:Can't believe some people are making an issue out of the fact it's pencils instead of pens at the polling stations <laugh>

Its hilarious the meltdown pencils have caused. The idiocy of the scale. Can tell they don't usually vote as it's always pencils. The very suggestion that the election will be rigged is ridiculous but even if you look past that for a moment it's still hilarious. If they were going to rig an election there are much more efficient ways than rubbing out votes. Also there logic is completely f***ed, they are voting to give full control to a government they don't trust to run an election. If this is the meltdown caused by pencils I can't wait to see their reactions if it turns out we vote remain.
Why would they bother to go through it when they could just rip up the ballot paper? I'm not being funny but the sheer scale of the outrage this has caused does not say a lot about the intelligence of a lot of the people that have voted. This election has brought the very worst type of British people out of the woodwork and gave them a say in the biggest decision probably of our lifetimes - people like my mother, who hasn't got enough brains to fill an eggcup and has voted Leave because Facebook has told her to. And that is worrying.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:11 pm

Yougov has it at 52% Remain, Farage has also called it in favour of Remain <laugh>
REQUIEM

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:38 pm

Bookies has remain as strong favorites earlier today and they're not often wrong.

I'd be very surprised if remain didn't win, probably about 53% to 47%.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:20 pm

The bookies wouldn't offer odds of 6/1 on Brexit at this stage unless they were extremely confident Remain were going to win. Odds have been drifting all day aswell.