Newt Gingrich

5 Goals - Hesakmi
Prediction League Champion

Re: Newt Gingrich

Post by 5 Goals - Hesakmi » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:15 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
5 Goals - Hesakmi wrote:Just between Romney and Obama now!

The battle of who can kiss the feet of the Jewish Lobby the most has well and truly begun!

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... or-israel/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vs

http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/diplomania ... m-1.454748" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have to say that Romney stands a very good chance of winning this election.

Look back historically at incumbent presidents in times of recession and they are all one-termers.

Back this up with the fact that Romney is a self-made millionaire though his private equity business (purported to have $500 million) and this feat will bode well with voters.

I'd far prefer Obama as he's the better statesman overall (see Romney's European trip to 3 countries where he managed to disgruntle sections in all of them) but the Americans will simply be looking at which candidate will be better for the economy in the short term.
Which is why, in my opinion, Gingrich or Romney shouldn't be elected as president. In times of recession and huge debts, they still want to risk billions of dollars by raging wars against foreign countries which will only ensure that their economy will drastically plummet and of course the thousands of casualties that comes with every war they engage in.

It's not the time for a war (not that there ever is a time for it) and I think Obama and Ron Paul are the only ones to acknowledge it at the moment.

After Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan, Iraq etc. some people still haven't learned their lesson, unfortunately.
Ryan Taylor Over The Wall , Ryan Taylor Over The Wall!
Ramone wrote:Papiss Cisse stick your dick in my arse because that was one of the most erection inspiring strikes I have ever seen.

tomtom94
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by tomtom94 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:04 pm

The only thing I can think of that would keep Romney out is the perception that the Republicans are the "rich man's" party and that will not sit well with the Occupy generation. That said, Obama's administration did some things to piss them off as well.

Don't like Obama or Romney for the simple reason that they're both symptomatic of a broken system which is beginning to infect this country; airbrushed, over-prepared slaves to their financiers, unprepared to make major changes for fear of losing their power and exorbitant lifestyle, even as the country crumbles around them. (Nothing personal, mind). Of the two I'd choose Obama because the Democrats are ever-so-slightly further to the left and are less likely to make decisions to appease extremist Christians and rednecks.
History wrought with disease for so long, a nation sleeps tight... the poison carries on!

this space reserved for particularly amusing quotes and/or images.

With friends like these, who needs herpes?

Wot lad?
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Wot lad? » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:47 pm

I honestly think it's irrelevant who wins the election.

Maybe a little sway here or a little sway there, but it's the same branch swaying in the wind.
I love you all

5 Goals - Hesakmi

Post by 5 Goals - Hesakmi » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:25 pm

Guillaume wrote:I honestly think it's irrelevant who wins the election.

Maybe a little sway here or a little sway there, but it's the same branch swaying in the wind.
Unless Ron Paul wins <awe>
Ryan Taylor Over The Wall , Ryan Taylor Over The Wall!
Ramone wrote:Papiss Cisse stick your dick in my arse because that was one of the most erection inspiring strikes I have ever seen.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:14 pm

If the Americans vote Romney in then they are even bigger idiots than I thought they were.

Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Seagull » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:09 pm

Frank Mankiewicz wrote:
nom de plume wrote:

Ron Paul is thier last chance.

Their "last chance" for what, precisely? To revert to some kind of anarchical, neo-agrarian megaslum with a decimated general infrastructure populated by hordes of uneducated, unaccounted for peons deemed unviable in Ron Paul's anachronistic American schema? The man is a fool.

It is a sour-tasting indication of the declining worth and intellect of American youth when an 18th Century throwback, an atavistic arch-Jeffersonian imbecile like Ron Paul, can claim to have the largest proportion of the 18-25 vote in the country.

Never forget.
"He's on the computer in his underwear wasting time in some chitchat room, going back & forth with some other fuckin' jerkoff"

Tony Soprano

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:34 pm

I want soutzoukakia smyrneika too wrote:
Frank Mankiewicz wrote:

Their "last chance" for what, precisely? To revert to some kind of anarchical, neo-agrarian megaslum with a decimated general infrastructure populated by hordes of uneducated, unaccounted for peons deemed unviable in Ron Paul's anachronistic American schema? The man is a fool.

It is a sour-tasting indication of the declining worth and intellect of American youth when an 18th Century throwback, an atavistic arch-Jeffersonian imbecile like Ron Paul, can claim to have the largest proportion of the 18-25 vote in the country.

Never forget.
Possibly the single greatest post in TF history.

RIP Frank Mankiewicz <rose>
REQUIEM