Mass Effect Series

Magpie Fozz
Botman's Cowl

Mass Effect Series

Post by Magpie Fozz » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:12 pm

With the release of the much anticipated Mass Effect 3 one month TODAY in Europe I have started this thread for all things Mass Effect. 8) Discuss on all three games but please for the sake of others no spoilers on plot points or anything of that importance. Below are links to the main Bioware websites for all three games.

http://masseffect.bioware.com/me1/

http://masseffect.bioware.com/me2/

http://masseffect.bioware.com/

There are plenty of You Tube video's for the first two games and a couple favourited by me that I can share if people want them, although they do contain spoilers for anyone who hasn't yet played them.

I personally can't wait for ME3 in March, it's gonna rock!

<party>

DDuc
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince

Re: Mass Effect Trilogy

Post by DDuc » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:25 pm

*Spoilers*
SpoilerShow
So, who did you sacrifice in the first game...
:bandit:
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
My Ambition Knows No Bounds
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

Magpie Fozz
Botman's Cowl

Post by Magpie Fozz » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:30 pm

**Spoiler**
SpoilerShow
I have a few imported characters into ME2 ready to import to ME3 now but for my cannon paragon Shep I saved Ashley on Virmire, who wouldn't as I sexed her up afterwards lol.

B4E
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by B4E » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:48 pm

Can't wait for the third one <ok>
RIP

DDuc

Post by DDuc » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:52 pm

Magpie Fozz wrote:**Spoiler**
SpoilerShow
I have a few imported characters into ME2 ready to import to ME3 now but for my cannon paragon Shep I saved Ashley on Virmire, who wouldn't as I sexed her up afterwards lol.
I'm probably going to replay ME2 and import that character so the story is fresh in my mind. <ok>
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: ME1
SpoilerShow
I killed Kaidan on all 3 of my ME playthroughs before playing any ME2. After seeing how Ashley turns out in ME2 I'll be killing her in my next playthrough.

DDuc

Post by DDuc » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:07 pm

Cal wrote:Re: ME1
SpoilerShow
I killed Kaidan on all 3 of my ME playthroughs before playing any ME2. After seeing how Ashley turns out in ME2 I'll be killing her in my next playthrough.
I think Ashley returns in ME3. <ok>
SpoilerShow
She is a right ungrateful, racist b**** in ME2 though. <grr>
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

Magpie Fozz
Botman's Cowl

Post by Magpie Fozz » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:14 pm

SpoilerShow
<laugh> <laugh>

Magpie Fozz
Botman's Cowl

Post by Magpie Fozz » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:18 pm

DavideDuck wrote:
SpoilerShow
I think Ashley returns in ME3. <ok>
SpoilerShow
She is a right ungrateful, racist b**** in ME2 though. <grr>
Yeah the VS returns for ME3
SpoilerShow
...talking of Ash in ME2, because she was such a b**** I slept with Tali instead haha (hey I thought we'd broke up ;) )

DDuc

Post by DDuc » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:23 pm

Miranda was my bit on the side. <whistle>

Got a feeling she might turn on you in ME3 though. ME3 is going to be awesome anyway, I loved ME1 and ME2, like being the star of your own movie.
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

Magpie Fozz
Botman's Cowl

Post by Magpie Fozz » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:33 pm

For anyone who has played ME1 and ME2 these two video's are nice recaps in the lead up to ME3 but anyone who hasn't played them yet, beware MAJOR spoilers!
ME1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvuwY50n ... feature=iv
ME2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv ... pPvy9UxJok

ToonSi
Bruno's Bleached Tips

Post by ToonSi » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:26 pm

I got ME2 for the ps3 when PSN was down so I couldn't do the storybook version of ME1 and so got the worst possible outcome on the continuation.
Such an amazing game that sucked me right in, so will have to re-play it before ME3 & hopefully try the storybook!
“Let us toast to animal pleasures, to escapism, to rain on the roof and instant coffee, to unemployment insurance and library cards, to absinthe and good-hearted landlords, to music and warm bodies and contraceptives... and to the "good life", whatever it is and wherever it happens to be.”

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:40 pm

Just installed Mass Effect. <diva>
ToonSi wrote:I got ME2 for the ps3 when PSN was down so I couldn't do the storybook version of ME1 and so got the worst possible outcome on the continuation.
Such an amazing game that sucked me right in, so will have to re-play it before ME3 & hopefully try the storybook!
How dare you tarnish the greatness that is Mass Effect by playing on PS3, and without importing a player character from the original :evil:

DDuc

Post by DDuc » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:13 am

Cal wrote:Just installed Mass Effect. <diva>
ToonSi wrote:I got ME2 for the ps3 when PSN was down so I couldn't do the storybook version of ME1 and so got the worst possible outcome on the continuation.
How dare you tarnish the greatness that is Mass Effect by playing on PS3, and without importing a player character from the original :evil:
First time playing?

ME is brilliant but once you play ME2, you'll be astounded at how it shits all over the first. If ME3 shits over ME2, it will be my favourite game of all time...
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:18 am

DavideDuck wrote: First time playing?

ME is brilliant but once you play ME2, you'll be astounded at how it shits all over the first. If ME3 shits over ME2, it will be my favourite game of all time...
<wenger>

Look earlier in the thread. Completed ME 3.5 times (tried a FemShep run, didn't finish it for some reason) and ME2 3 times. I wouldn't say that ME2 shits all over ME, it improves on some aspects and detracts from others. For example a lot of depth was lost from weapons, item management and the powers available. It was also very streamlined and down to about 40-50 hours for a complete playthrough. The combat was much improved though, and the general slickness was nice. If ME3 can strike a balance between the two, combine it with more amazing story and it will be game of the generation.

Magpie Fozz
Botman's Cowl

Post by Magpie Fozz » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:22 am

DavideDuck wrote:First time playing?

I've been trying my best to avoid bad spoilers for ME3 but from what I have seen so far it is certainly going to do that! <diva>

A couple of thing I do hope for though is 1) Bioware bring back the Normandy's airlock and 2) get rid of those loading screens and switch back to continuous loading with less elevators. <whistle>

DDuc

Post by DDuc » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:47 am

Cal wrote:
DavideDuck wrote: First time playing?

<wenger>

Look earlier in the thread. Completed ME 3.5 times (tried a FemShep run, didn't finish it for some reason) and ME2 3 times. I wouldn't say that ME2 shits all over ME, it improves on some aspects and detracts from others. For example a lot of depth was lost from weapons, item management and the powers available. It was also very streamlined and down to about 40-50 hours for a complete playthrough. The combat was much improved though, and the general slickness was nice. If ME3 can strike a balance between the two, combine it with more amazing story and it will be game of the generation.
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

ToonSi
Bruno's Bleached Tips

Post by ToonSi » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:33 am

Cal wrote:Just installed Mass Effect. <diva>
It was cheap and had all the expansion packs included as standard as well as some exclusive side quests.
Plus it's one of the rare few multi-platform games that performs better on the ps3 as opposed to the 360 (mainly due to coming out a year later mind <laugh>).
I'd play it on PC over my 360 or PS3, but I don't have a PC capable of running it I think.
“Let us toast to animal pleasures, to escapism, to rain on the roof and instant coffee, to unemployment insurance and library cards, to absinthe and good-hearted landlords, to music and warm bodies and contraceptives... and to the "good life", whatever it is and wherever it happens to be.”

Magpie Fozz
Botman's Cowl

Post by Magpie Fozz » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:05 am

I want the Mako back in ME3! <wah>

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:33 am

Magpie Fozz wrote:I want the Mako back in ME3! <wah>

I don't get why it got so much hate. I loved/love it, much better than just scanning or going straight into a port.