Warhammer 40k

Tash.
Banned
Banned

Warhammer 40k

Post by Tash. » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:52 pm

Has anyone ever played one of these games online?

Warhammer 40k
Warhammer 40 Winter assault
Warhammer 40k Dark Crusade
Warhammer 40k Soulstorm

??

I'm looking for more players to get online because there's only 40 of us that play it online on dark crusade as it's about 7 years old now.

If you don't still play it, have you ever played one of them games online or single player?

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Re: Warhammer 40k

Post by Cal » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:54 pm

I've never played them, but they're on sale on steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/WarhammerWeekend/

Tash.
Banned
Banned

Post by Tash. » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:59 pm

Cal wrote:I've never played them, but they're on sale on steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/WarhammerWeekend/
If you like where you control your armies and play in teams on big maps, then I'd recommend it.

It's not as complex as Age of Empires, but you control your men, choose whether to mass men early on and rush or tech up, and also you need to counter certain attacks by power up a certain attribute like bullet strength/melee power/morale boosts ect, but there's upgrades for different things and each race has it's own characteristics and it's really a great game.

Tash.
Banned
Banned

Post by Tash. » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:01 pm

I'd recommend buying the first warhammer 40k and dark crusade. You need the first one to play all the races online.

Soulstorm is the final expansion pack but it's not that great IMO. More people play on it as it's the newest one, but Dark Crusade is considered the best one.

It's hard to get a game sometimes at certain times, but when everyones finished work around 4-5pm and the foreigners get on, it's a great game online.

Hatem Is A Geordie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hatem Is A Geordie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:58 pm

My mate has 40k and loves it, not really interested me mind, but wouldn't mind trying it but don't want to pay for it!