Breaking Bad

PFT
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Re: Breaking Bad

Post by PFT » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:11 pm

SpoilerShow
It was really the only way they were going to end the show and I for one absolutely loved it. My friend said something interesting , had Hank not been killed the show could have ended with Ozymandias perhaps. But Hanks death and Walt seeing the news in New Hampshire tipped him over the edge. I was grinning like a mad man when Jesse got away <awe>
formerly known as Bigi Bigi Bigi Can't You See & IMTE

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:00 pm

Mifune wrote:
SpoilerShow
I kind of found that ending a bit boring and underwhelming to be honest.
Why must you constantly disagree with everyone else Mifoon? Do you insist on being hated? <disgrace>

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:23 pm

beardface wrote:
Mifune wrote:
SpoilerShow
I kind of found that ending a bit boring and underwhelming to be honest.
Why must you constantly disagree with everyone else Mifoon? Do you insist on being hated? <disgrace>
I did feel like such a f***ing hipster when writing that <laugh> <neg>. It is just what I thought though <wah>.
SpoilerShow
I just found it too neat and predictable. I kept waiting for a turn in the story or something, but it never happened. Didn't feel like there was much payoff either.

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:49 pm

SpoilerShow
Perfect ending. So pleased Badger made a cameo appearance <awe>.
Juliet Papa Golf wrote:
SpoilerShow
Great finale! <awe> I think everybody knew what was coming and who was going down.

If I could have changed anything, I would have liked to have seen more closure for Jesse- I'm not so sure if laughing hysterically was the proper emotion given what has actually happened to him? Of course he will have been at peace given that Walt and the Gang are all dead but clearly his plan all along was to run away with Brock and Andrea until Jack's Gang stepped in- maybe going and taking Brock with him somewhere? Also, Walt should have told Elliot to tell Skyler/Walt Jr that the sum he was 'donating' was actually in fact money Walt was entitled to from Grey Matter or something like that. I think the donation idea seems a little obvious from Walt's family's perspective. <erm> Just a thought...

Can't believe it's over, going to need to find a new show now! <wah> Any suggestions? I've tried Dexter and The Walking Dead but found them hard to get into. Was maybe thinking Lost or The Sopranos. <ohnoes>
SpoilerShow
Flynn had made it clear he didn't want Walt's money though.

Lidl

Post by Lidl » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:25 pm

SpoilerShow
I don't care what Mifune and Minty Fresh say, that was as perfect an ending as I could hope for.

Tied up all the necessary loose ends whilst leaving some dangling so that you can fill in how you want certain characters (Jesse, Saul, Walt Jr and Skyler, Marie etc) to carry on with their lives. Essentially having the rest of the character's endings would be superfluous considering it's all about Walt.

For those expecting a twist, this was the best and pretty much only way it could have ended considering it's meant to be a realistic show. Reality isn't always that crazy and unpredictable.

It was a satisfying ending and I loved it <awe>
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:37 pm

Mike <awe>
I dunno

PFT

Post by PFT » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:58 pm

Marcel Desailly wrote:Image

Mike <awe>
Is he drinking urine? <worried>
formerly known as Bigi Bigi Bigi Can't You See & IMTE

Nick
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Nick » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:11 pm

SpoilerShow
The ending was good. Satisfying i guess, but certainly not great. The majority of 'great' reviews seem to still be riding that wave of hype that the shows been on throughout this last season and a half.

Everything i thought was going to happen, did. Its was quite easily predictable, which in one way was good as it tied up all the loose ends in a normal way instead of the s*** that Lost pulled. But also, damnpened the finale down quite a bit too. Everyone wanted something big, exciting or unpredictable to happen in that final episode. Especially when you end one season with a bomb going off and a main character walking away resembling a certain someone from a Batman movie... This just felt too 'normal'.

But its closure i guess. It certainly achieved that.

Saul probably got away, Huell is er still stuck in a room? And who knows whether Jesse actually escapes any sort of sentence from this, but theyre allowable. Good series either way.

Now for Walking Dead until Game of Thrones is back!

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:25 am

Nick wrote:
SpoilerShow
The ending was good. Satisfying i guess, but certainly not great. The majority of 'great' reviews seem to still be riding that wave of hype that the shows been on throughout this last season and a half.

Everything i thought was going to happen, did. Its was quite easily predictable, which in one way was good as it tied up all the loose ends in a normal way instead of the s*** that Lost pulled. But also, damnpened the finale down quite a bit too. Everyone wanted something big, exciting or unpredictable to happen in that final episode. Especially when you end one season with a bomb going off and a main character walking away resembling a certain someone from a Batman movie... This just felt too 'normal'.

But its closure i guess. It certainly achieved that.

Saul probably got away, Huell is er still stuck in a room? And who knows whether Jesse actually escapes any sort of sentence from this, but theyre allowable. Good series either way.

Now for Walking Dead until Game of Thrones is back!
SpoilerShow
Looking back on it, I do agree it was a tad too predictable.

It did tie up the loose ends and gave closure of which we were all expecting but I was waiting for a twist or a surprise just to keep the fans guessing.

I think Walt taking out Jack's gang could have been done in a more fitting way. The machine gun was impressive but we've known the finale was going to involve this gun since the first episode of season 5. Could he not have done something using chemicals like he did with Tuco just for old times' sake?

Little Lion Man
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Little Lion Man » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:23 pm

SpoilerShow

Every time this song comes on my mp3 player, I feel so unbelievably sad <cry>

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:18 pm

SpoilerShow
I suppose the one thing they didn't answer was why Walt left Grey Matter all those years ago. I always took it to be his pride led him to leave after he split up with Gretchen, or he discovered Gretchen and Elliot were having an affair. I wish we'd found out the definitive reason though

Lidl

Post by Lidl » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:00 am

Heisen wrote:
SpoilerShow
I suppose the one thing they didn't answer was why Walt left Grey Matter all those years ago. I always took it to be his pride led him to leave after he split up with Gretchen, or he discovered Gretchen and Elliot were having an affair. I wish we'd found out the definitive reason though
SpoilerShow
I always took it as him needing money for a deposit on the house with Skyler, so he sold his shares in what was then a small company and got a more stable job as a teacher?

Lidl

Post by Lidl » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:01 am

Little Lion Man wrote:
SpoilerShow

Every time this song comes on my mp3 player, I feel so unbelievably sad <cry>
SpoilerShow
Genuinely well up every time I hear this song now <grim>

tomtom94
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by tomtom94 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:53 pm

Livin' Davide Loca wrote:
Heisen wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
I always took it as him needing money for a deposit on the house with Skyler, so he sold his shares in what was then a small company and got a more stable job as a teacher?
SpoilerShow
I always assumed it was a combination of the things you guys have said, Walt left due to a combination of pride and necessity, and that Walt has never forgiven himself for a decision he took, trying to blame other people. Likewise, I wish it had been brought up in the final episode, seems a glaring oversight, but it is only one.

Suppose I should add that I loved the ending itself but it did leave a few ends too loose, especially Jesse's actual fate beyond "I'm out of the meth business", and while I loved Badger and Skinny Pete's cameo, I think it kind of spoils the effect of Flynn's phone call in the previous episode that Skyler and Walt Jr. will get the dirty money.
History wrought with disease for so long, a nation sleeps tight... the poison carries on!

this space reserved for particularly amusing quotes and/or images.

With friends like these, who needs herpes?

Chip Chipperson
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Chip Chipperson » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:48 pm

SpoilerShow
Great video. Best I've seen.
"How dare you. How dare you! Don't ever, ever call me a bully. I'm so much worse than that." - Malcolm Tucker

Lidl

Post by Lidl » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:26 pm

A theory which makes the ending infinitely better:
SpoilerShow

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:38 pm

The second theory is terrible.

Lidl

Post by Lidl » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:44 pm

SpoilerShow
It's pretty much definitely not true but it's one for those who were disappointed with the relative straightforwardness of the ending.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:46 pm

SpoilerShow
It's pretty much definitely not true but it's one for those who were disappointed with the relative straightforwardness of the ending.
SpoilerShow
I'd rather have simple and well done, if a touch too sweet, ending than ghost magic. That's some Lost level terribleness.

Lidl

Post by Lidl » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:58 pm

Cal wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
I'd rather have simple and well done, if a touch too sweet, ending than ghost magic. That's some Lost level terribleness.
SpoilerShow
It's not ghost magic, it's just a theory that he's dieing in a car and then fantasising about how he would go about getting revenge etc. It's clearly not what actually happened though, it was just a simple ending.