The Local Non-League Thread

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

The Local Non-League Thread

Post by Speedo » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:59 pm

Alright guys. I thought we should have a thread for discussing Gateshead, Blyth Spartans etc. So here it is.

Barnet v Gateshead is about to start, radio commentary on BBC Newcastle.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_newcastle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I had the first custom w***

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Re: The Local Non-League Thread

Post by Holystone... » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:12 pm

Just driven past Dunston . Looked very busy at game. All good.
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Seagull » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:13 pm

<wenger>
"He's on the computer in his underwear wasting time in some chitchat room, going back & forth with some other fuckin' jerkoff"

Tony Soprano

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:17 pm

More threads = Better <roll>

Wedge Head Tiote
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Wedge Head Tiote » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:36 pm

Barnet, my local non-league team <diva>

Amnesiac
-

Post by Amnesiac » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:29 pm

Nuneaton <gent>

Tomski
Le Championski
Le Championski

Post by Tomski » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:40 pm

Gosport Borough - FA Trophy Final <awe>

Diggerman
Pope's Goalposts

Post by Diggerman » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:08 pm

Great result there for the Heed.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:49 pm

Hebburn :) <ok>

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:02 pm

Guernsey FC <diva>

Game was off this weekend. Waterlogged pitch in Whitstable, wherever that is. :(

Dr. Bishop
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Dr. Bishop » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:25 pm

Spennymoor Town FC. FA Vase Winners 2013 <awe>.

Probably the only team in black and white that I'll ever see at Wembley. <neg>
“I just got an erection. Oh, fear not. It’s nothing to do with your state of undress. I just simply need to urinate.”
Dr. Walter Bishop

Gallopski
Wood's Touch

Post by Gallopski » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:57 pm

SHEFFIELD FC!!! <gent>

THE OFFICIALLY ACKNOWLEDGED OLDEST TEAM IN THE WORLD!!! 8)

AND THE ONLY OTHER TEAM APART FROM REAL MADRID TO HOLD FIFA'S BADGE OF MERIT AND DISTINCTION <awe>

Amazing team to have virtually at the end of the street! During their 150th celebrations in 2007, they played two high prestige friendlies at Bramall Lane. The first, with Pele himself as the guest of honour, was against Inter Milan! The second was against Ajax of Amsterdam! <awe>

Milan, with a young Mario Ballotelli in the team, won 5-1 but Ajax, despite having something like 85% possession, somehow managed to lose 0-2! <laugh>

Shame really, that despite all the glamour and the glory, the team remain in the Northern Premier First Division South, (the league below Blyth Spartans) and are basically crap! <laugh>

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:25 pm

I originally put Hebburn but I now reside in Darlington and they deserve a mention :) Haway the quakers!

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:02 pm

Gallopski wrote:SHEFFIELD FC!!! <gent>

AND THE ONLY OTHER TEAM APART FROM REAL MADRID TO HOLD FIFA'S BADGE OF MERIT AND DISTINCTION <awe>

Amazing team to have virtually at the end of the street! During their 150th celebrations in 2007, they played two high prestige friendlies at Bramall Lane. The first, with Pele himself as the guest of honour, was against Inter Milan! The second was against Ajax of Amsterdam! <awe>

Milan, with a young Mario Ballotelli in the team, won 5-1 but Ajax, despite having something like 85% possession, somehow managed to lose 0-2! <laugh>

Shame really, that despite all the glamour and the glory, the team remain in the Northern Premier First Division South, (the league below Blyth Spartans) and are basically crap! <laugh>
Not to mention they don't actually play in Sheffield.

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:29 am

Micky Quim wrote:I originally put Hebburn but I now reside in Darlington and they deserve a mention :) Haway the quakers!
Great news they are to return to Darlo to play. My mate is the guy who turned them around. :)
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:44 pm

The most local non-league team to me is about to be QPR <gent>

Gallopski
Wood's Touch

Post by Gallopski » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:13 am

Speedo wrote:

Not to mention they don't actually play in Sheffield.
Indeed! In fact, not even in Yorkshire!!! <yikes>

Having been a nomadic and homeless club for the majority of their long history, and having a few years ago found their first ever club-owned permanent ground in the Derbyshire town of Dronfield, just across the border! To be fair, they're only outside Shefflield/Yorkshire by about 400 yards!

The chairman insists they are still in keeping with the spirit and constitution of the club because they remain within ten miles of Sheffield cathedral. But it is worthy of note that the club appears to be continually monitoring potential sites for a new ground in Sheffield itself, and It seems pretty obvious they will move if they can.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:40 am

Holystone... wrote:
Micky Quim wrote:I originally put Hebburn but I now reside in Darlington and they deserve a mention :) Haway the quakers!
Great news they are to return to Darlo to play. My mate is the guy who turned them around. :)
<gent>

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:39 am

Gallopski wrote:Indeed! In fact, not even in Yorkshire!!! <yikes>

Having been a nomadic and homeless club for the majority of their long history, and having a few years ago found their first ever club-owned permanent ground in the Derbyshire town of Dronfield, just across the border! To be fair, they're only outside Shefflield/Yorkshire by about 400 yards!

The chairman insists they are still in keeping with the spirit and constitution of the club because they remain within ten miles of Sheffield cathedral. But it is worthy of note that the club appears to be continually monitoring potential sites for a new ground in Sheffield itself, and It seems pretty obvious they will move if they can.
Yeah I'd love to see them come and play in real Sheffield, especially if they were at/near the university. It'd be amazing to have a non-league club basically on campus <awe>

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:26 pm

I met Pele that day <awe>

Also the guy decorating my room scored (I think) and my teacher burned Materazzi(?) for pace multiple times <awe>